20.83%
5 20.83%
I'm an Alternative Shipper
4.17%
1 4.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What kind of HQer are you?
Great thread, Tuesday Pajamas! I think I fit into the Sheldon Purisit and then the Nostalgic categories! Sheldon was the character that kept me watching, and I believe he should stay single on the show, but I enjoy his and Penny's friendship and interactions. Penny as a character and Kaley as an actress do have the ability to balance and to compliment Sheldon as a character and Jim as an actor.

Outside the universe of the show, I enjoy reading all kinds of Shenny fanfics (be it friendship or romance, although friendship is my preference) and watching all kinds of Shenny fanvids. I even like the Shenny photo eidts and manips that many on here seem to dislike!

While I am vehemently against Sheldon getting into a romantic relationship on the show, now that TPTB have done what they shouldn't have done and have put him in a silly relationship with someone like Amy and sadly seem determined to take the relationship to the next levels, I sometimes think that it would have been 100 times better if they had put him with someone like Penny instead. For all the reasons discussed before on forums and expressed beautifully on the Shenny page of the main website, we all know that Penny and Sheldon would make a couple that can be way WAY better than Lenny and Shamy could ever dream of being.

But in the end, Single Sheldon and Sheldon and Penny sharing a deep and fun friendship (Peldon?) is my ideal and my ultimate preference.
The following 3 users Like FranEssi's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, FlyingMonkey
I would say I am a Sheldon/Penny Purist first then a Shenny second. I was, and still am, perfectly content with having Sheldon being awesome without any romantic entanglements. Ive always identified with his character so he was always what made the show for me. Same goes with Penny. She had so much potential to be a strong female character in this show and it makes me so angry that tptb ruined her. Angry.

I didn't become a shenny fan until recent. I stumbled onto some shenny fanfic (shout out to SpaceAnJL, it was the Paladin Protocol that turned me Big Grin), now I'm playing catch up.

As for them getting together on the show, I am 100 percent against it now. 3-4 seasons ago, maybe, but now--negative. The writers would completely ruin them for me.
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Definitely a show nostalgic. I get so inspired watching the early seasons with their playfulness and ingenuity and the potential for being so much greater than it ultimately became. I follow along more as a 'morbid curiosity' as I can skip new episodes like nothing.

Writing and reading-wise, I'm intrigued by Sheldon's awareness into other things/people and how he positions/repositions himself to respond. I like character growth but it can't be too OOC from vintage Sheldon as the changes have to be plausible. I just kinda stumbled into Shenny by default because I found in writing that she is just made to move vintage Sheldon along at a pace that doesn't seem glacial but at the same time isn't forced.
Let's go exploring!
The following 3 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jomi25, FranEssi
I guess I would have to say I am a combination of the first three. I not only want vintage Sheldon back but I also miss the old Penny before she "grew". I have no objection to growth but most of this "growth" has no context and looks more like character assassination. The earlier seasons the characters seem to enjoy each other's company, now it's like they are trapped together in some sort of reality show. That's one reason I like Shenny. When it is just Sheldon and Penny together I find them to be most like the characters I was drawn to at the beginning. I agree the writers would probably screw it up if they tried to put them together, but since the two characters work so naturally together it might not be as awkward as the forced relationships they have now.Sock
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 3 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, CassandraElise
Since Vintage Sheldon is included in Nostalgic that's what I am. I could also be partly Purist and I wouldn't be violently opposed to Shenny. But I AM violently opposed to Shamy and anyone who ships it. Morlock I also don't care for screeching Bernie and neutered Howard.Angry
A subset of the first three categories could be Anti-Shamy.
The following 2 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Louise
Just had to reset the poll, as it went a bit cattywampus but I think you'll all agree we have a nice mix here. Smile
The first thing I ever wrote on a forum was that in TBBT the real couple were Sheldon and Penny. There was always; some special buzz, playful teasing, psychological chemistry, that quite frankly I rarely see on Tv, or in real life, between them. I can't imagine Sheldon having sex, so I'd be quite happy if they just had a close, loving relationship. It would probably last a lot longer than most people's relationships,i.e. once you go to the next level, a whole train of levels are initiated(until they're spitting at each other in a divorce lawyers office!) In my fantasy world this tune is continually playing in Sheldon's head(and you thought it was maths!), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMItRuTYPZI Mary used to play the tune, back when he was a precocious prodigy, and he needed soothing!
All of the above? *laughs*

Ultimately I plonked myself as a Nostalgic, because whereas I similarly worship Vintage Sheldon and his eyebrows, I DO also verily love the early group dynamic and hijinkery. The original ensemble (including Kaley) have remarkable chemistry and an episode comprised solely of them playing Klingon Boggle or "Let's turn on stuff with the internet" or even just the five of them sitting in the living room eating Thai food and riffing off of each other would have the same watchability for me as Witchdoctor's spec script. (Write it, Doctor - we'll watch it in our heads!)

And, obviously, there's a fair dose of Shenny in me as well given that I read a lot of the fanfic, could easily watch Panty Pinata 100 times in a row, and wouldn't be in the least averse to the two of them ending up together by the series finale. Sheldon's core identity has been seriously corrupted by his affiliation with AFF. Somehow I don't see that happening with Penny though.
OH PLEASE...
[quote='FranEssi' pid='2474' dateline='1392389667']
. I even like the Shenny photo eidts and manips that many on here seem to dislike!

Yes I like those, as long as they're funny! It's like poking the shamies with a stick! Don't worry about posting them. I sneaked over and had a look through the window of the Major's gulag. They were all in there watching looped Buster Keaton films, swigging red wine. I'm amazed at some of the things I got away with saying on that other site(considering how many posts they deleted). Once I said; I hope they keep any intimacy between S and A behind closed doors, because seeing them in bed together would be like seeing the hunchback of Notre Dam, waking up next to Peter Pan. And then there was the gangrenous foot!
The following 3 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales, FranEssi
(02-16-2014, 02:32 AM)pilot fish Wrote: [quote='FranEssi' pid='2474' dateline='1392389667']
. I even like the Shenny photo eidts and manips that many on here seem to dislike!

Yes I like those, as long as they're funny! It's like poking the shamies with a stick! Don't worry about posting them. I sneaked over and had a look through the window of the Major's gulag. They were all in there watching looped Buster Keaton films, swigging red wine. I'm amazed at some of the things I got away with saying on that other site(considering how many posts they deleted). Once I said; I hope they keep any intimacy between S and A behind closed doors, because seeing them in bed together would be like seeing the hunchback of Notre Dam, waking up next to Peter Pan. And then there was the gangrenous foot!

You also have to learn to play the Bagpipes....Don't think I'm getting soft on anyone Pilot!

I remember that Quasimodo/Peter Pan quote...it disturbed me for days.
(so did the gangrenous foot bit, obviously)

The first two things I posted on Orangeland was an interview with Eric Kaplan, and an article entitled "Female on Male Sexual Coercion in The Big Bang Theory"...it's hard to believe we were so naive, Pilot, so very naive...

Back to THIS site, I'll be interested to see the results of this poll when a few more characters decide to vote....Currently it's missing the orientation of about two thirds of our disheartened flock....
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • ricardo shillyshally