20.83%
5 20.83%
I'm an Alternative Shipper
4.17%
1 4.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What kind of HQer are you?
The HQ contingency includes shippers and non-shippers of all shapes and sizes. Which side of the fence are you on? I have altered this so members can only chose one option. And discuss…

Although I could probably place myself in the first three categories, I'm primarily a Shenny shipper. Blossom

The early antagonistic relationship had SO much potential already but the chemistry is still there, even though the writers have done everything in their power to misdirect and misrepresent it. They could write Shenny tomorrow if they had the will to do so but they would have to be behind it 100% otherwise I would rather not see it at all.

Let me know if you want any other options included in the poll.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
SHELDON PURIST.

Sheldon-biased to the point where I could watch him sit at his laptop and listen to his inner monologue slandering his friends, raising his eyebrows and chuckling at his own marvellousness for 20 minutes at a time without wondering where the other characters are.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 3 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales
(02-14-2014, 07:30 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: SHELDON PURIST.

Sheldon-biased to the point where I could watch him sit at his laptop and listen to his inner monologue slandering his friends, raising his eyebrows and chuckling at his own marvellousness for 20 minutes at a time without wondering where the other characters are.

I can just see you editing out all the other characters and creating your own Sheldon show. Big Grin I think many fans would prefer this instead of some of the quite dull sheldon-free scenes they give us at times.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Wisp
(02-14-2014, 07:54 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I can just see you editing out all the other characters and creating your own Sheldon show. Big Grin I think many fans would prefer this instead of some of the quite dull sheldon-free scenes they give us at times.

If I had control over TBBT it would be a VERY different show, needless to say... Wink
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
Ah! I was wanting such a poll!

The only problem potentially with being allowed multiple choices is that each vote is counted as of equal weight, so no real insight is gained into the makeup of the forum if many people pick several choices.
For example, I would classify myself as 70% Sheldon Purist, 18% Shenny, 7% Nostalgic, and 5% Alternate Shipper…because I feel like being an egregious little pedant tonight…..BUT, if I choose them all then it nullifies the worth of my vote. So I have just chosen Purist.

For the record, can we all clarify the following?
In my head;

Shenny – Advocate of a romantic relationship between P and S beyond all else. Subset – will suffer through current shit-biscuit of show provided S and P have scenes together.

Nostalgic – Fan of the classic episodes solely, and multiple aspects thereof; science, games, social structure of group, wit, innocence etc. Includes Vintage Sheldon by default. Obviously.

Purist – Bastion of Vintage Sheldon to the point of not caring if he literally poisoned all the other characters. Will suffer through current shit-biscuit of show provided Vintage Sheldon reappears.

Alternate Shipper – Shelnards, Raj/Stuart, Wolowitz/Wolowitz, Sheverly…Sheaton, Gablehauser/Siebert (Sablehauser?)…..I don’t bloody know….I’m not in the mood to portmanteau-ize….

What are my fellow miscreants'..er..fellow members' opinions on this niminy-piminy matter?
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
Erm... so, by your scale, Nostalgic with Shenny overtones, purely because early characters had so much potential. Will not watch current shit-biscuit of show at all, because current characters bear scant resemblance to originals, and it hurts the crumbling blackened cinder I call my soul.

Vintage Sheldon and Early Penny had the makings of a Hawksian duo. Have no interest in Pee-Wee's Big Day Out, or Pisshead Penny Does Pasadena.
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • CassandraElise, queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant
Good point Gripe, the poll is now single vote only folks. Anyone who voted for 2 may 'undo' their vote and change it to 1, if they like.
(02-14-2014, 07:18 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: The HQ contingency includes shippers and non-shippers of all shapes and sizes. Which side of the fence are you on? You can choose more than one if you wish. And discuss…

Although I could probably place myself in the first three categories, I'm primarily a Shenny shipper. Blossom

The early antagonistic relationship had SO much potential already but the chemistry is still there, even though the writers have done everything in their power to misdirect and misrepresent it. They could write Shenny tomorrow if they had the will to do so but they would have to be behind it 100% otherwise I would rather not see it at all.

Let me know if you want any other options included in the poll.

I am like you and would fall in the first three categories, but in the end, I picked Shenny shipper. I currently read all taping reports and still watch the show if it looks like the story will be passable. But I have given up hope of Shenny every being canon, unless the writers pull a JKR and recant seven years after the show is over... Wink
Have changed "Content to watch" to "Will suffer through", as I feel that is probably a more accurate description of the state of mind of said Shennys and Purists these days....

Anyway, that's just Gripe's scale of viewers....I want other folk to clarify the matter.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
(02-14-2014, 09:39 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Vintage Sheldon and Early Penny had the makings of a Hawksian duo. Have no interest in Pee-Wee's Big Day Out, or Pisshead Penny Does Pasadena.

I agree. It would take a miracle to make Shenny work now. The characters would both have to develop and mature first before I would even entertain the possibility of them getting together. I think Tuesday wrote a very nice fic exploring that scenario.