50.00%
2 50.00%
No way!
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Penny spin off?
(10-01-2018, 02:36 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: According to some media outlets Kaley is up for a Big Bang Penny spin off.

What do you guys think? Would a Penny spin off work.... and how?

...your thoughts?

[Image: Kaley-Cuoco-Dancing-Making-French-Toast....C220&ssl=1]

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/a2...ley-cuoco/

A Penny spin-off? Are they talking about Penny as a kid, like Young Sheldon? If so, no, god no. No need for retcon land. Young Sheldon is bad enough.

On the other, Penny as a teen? Eh, maybe? I mean, we know she left her hometown with Kurt and IIRC, they were together for four years or close to it before the 1st episode of season 1. I'm not sure how it'd work, especially since we basically already know why she and Kurt left home and later broke up. And I don't want to risk retcons there. But they might be able to get something out of it? *Shrugs*

Penny as an adult(Well, technically, she already is/has been for a loooooong time)? Only if Leonard's gone and there's no kid in the picture. And that she still has an amazing, weirdly wonderful friendship with Sheldon, even if it's only talking to each other on the phone. Also, hopefully Amy's not in the picture there either.

The real issue is, what would she do? She's moved beyond acting AFAIK in the later seasons, and TPTB have reduced her friend group to just Amy and Bernadette. Maybe they could make a show about Penny recognizing how bad her relationship with Leonard was, about her healing and moving on and opening up to new friendships and the like...

But that'd never happen. That'd mean Lorre, Prady, the writing team, and anyone even tangentially involved in the process were/are tacitly admitting that Lenny(Maybe Shamy too) was wrong and toxic as hell.

I think a solo spin-off can't really happen with the way TPTB have written and forced Penny into the role of Leonard's wife. Take her out of it, take her away from Amy and Bernadette, take her away from everyone, and what can you do? The character of Penny has become so forcibly wrapped up in TBBT cast and the Lenny relationship, that I can't see how they'd do a spin-off of just Penny. So my bet is, if a spin off does happen, it'll be of Penny AND Leonard, which I don't want to see.
The following 1 user Likes Nostalgia's post:
  • Ratman77

Messages In This Thread
Penny spin off? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 10-01-2018, 02:36 AM
RE: Penny spin off? - by Nostalgia - 10-01-2018, 04:58 PM
RE: Penny spin off? - by Ratman77 - 10-01-2018, 11:49 PM
RE: Penny spin off? - by devilbk - 10-02-2018, 12:03 AM
RE: Penny spin off? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 10-02-2018, 12:14 AM
RE: Penny spin off? - by ricardo shillyshally - 10-02-2018, 01:34 AM