[Image: 34zlued.gif]
OH PLEASE...
The following 4 users Like Toad's post:
  • Jislane35, CassandraElise, FranEssi, queenoftheDales
[Image: 34zlued.gif]

I'll give you a hug, Raj! Blossom
The following 2 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales
I'm putting this in the Raj thread instead of the Howard thread, because this thread seems a bit neglected...
(like the character himself? Hmm...)

Anyway, today I was recalling that Raj whispering in Howard's ear and Howard being his "translator" is* such a classic thing. So cute and funny. And who knows if Howard's version of what Raj said was even accurate, lol. Sometimes I think it wasn't.

If the "Raj can't talk" thing was getting old and people were getting tired of it, then IMO they could've just phased it out gradually, without making a big deal about it or devoting a whole episode to it. As someone here pointed out, recently, being able to talk does not seem to have benefited Raj, hardly at all. It's like he was almost better off with the mutism: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt", as the saying goes.

But anyway, I think that's just such a cute and classic H-R interaction, a constant feature of the early seasons, a special part of that early-seasons dynamic in the group.

*I don't like saying "was", when I'm talking about the older seasons and the classic characters. That makes me sad. And besides, it's not like our DVDs of S1 and S2 don't exist, anymore. Nothing can change them...
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • CassandraElise
Yes they had so many good ideas, that they didn't develop. But they seem to have trouble developing characters as well, like Raj. They said they got rid of Leslie Winkle because they couldn't write for her, as well! Although she was an interesting feminist, who made the other characters re-think about women, and relationships. (I mean really the only insult she was allowed to use was 'dumb ass!). I like this Raj scene, and think he has a valid point about the alliterative character names.

The following 3 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Louise, Toad
This is another fav Raj scene. Here's another missed opportunity to develop the characters, and their relationships, in a new direction, plus if Raj married Lakshmi, a new, quick witted, intelligent woman, enters the plot!

The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise
Raj Gif-spam!!

[Image: tumblr_inline_nb8wpdcM2B1shve95.gif]

[Image: tumblr_inline_mwf52nXd9B1s352g0.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mv932ruAbC1qasxjlo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_ls4hzjlJia1qc0mpuo4_500.gif]

and a lil bit of Raj and Sheldon

[Image: tbbt_02.jpg]
[Image: raj-und-sheldon.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_lwgw2eyEBt1qd063qo1_500.jpg]
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Louise, Toad, Idle Miscreant
Awww Heart
I assume everyone has seen this fabulousness, before? XD

[Image: 2qvujdc.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • Nutz
That is definitely a new one for me. Smile
(10-15-2014, 05:49 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: That is definitely a new one for me. Smile

Isn't it hilarious? Big Grin