The Sweater Vested Metrosexual
Ladies and gents, let's all raise a grasshopper to Dr. Rajesh Ramayan Koothrappali!

[Image: 2uptf1w.jpg]

In between checking his email and cocking up Wikipedia, our resident astrophysicist managed to discover a planetary body, 2008NQsub17. Also known as Planet Bollywood. Also known as a stupid little clump of cosmic shmutz.

[Image: mhsr2b.jpg]

He's found his voice around women but has simultaneously lost what little confidence he had to start with. Perhaps this is a good thing if it spares him the indignity of being shoehorned into a boring, ego-shattering relationship?

[Image: 295bhqe.jpg]

He's the loveable foreigner, the reluctant Aquaman, and the one they don't call Brown Dynamite for nothing. Although I strongly suspect no one's called him that. Ever.

[Image: i3xkpl.jpg]
[Image: 308i1vt.png]
[Image: t04wo7.jpg]
[Image: 2n7ntqx.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
The following 1 user Likes Toad's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Aww, I love Raj. I would watch a show with just Raj, Sheldon and Penny (and maybe Wolowitz).

[Image: tumblr_mbma6sUNFQ1qdqpur.gif]

[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_mctb2m4fdp1r5e8xxo1_500.gif]
The following 2 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant
I love Raj too, even though I'm ribbing him a bit in my OP. He definitely deserves his own thread. After all he almost got Sheldon to say Brobdingnagian three times in a row.

Favorite Rajisms (off the top of my head)...

"He just went colon capital o."

"I could go for some goat."

"You hear that ladies? We're eventually coming for you."

"SHUT.YOUR.ASS!!"
OH PLEASE...
The following 2 users Like Toad's post:
  • Jislane35, CassandraElise
(01-25-2014, 02:23 AM)CassandraElise Wrote: [Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_mctb2m4fdp1r5e8xxo1_500.gif]

I actually said this the other day. And was greeted with identical looks of intense pensivity and concern by two of my friends. I sometimes forget that nobody I know in "real life" actually watches this show.
Also, I'm a rather serious-looking person in a suit, so the sentence "Ain't no party like a Koothraparty" probably seemed a little incongruous...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Nutz, Jislane35, Wisp, Lascylla
When I read "shut your ass" earlier I spat out a little wine and got some disapproving frowns, in the restaurant I was in. Job done. Big Grin
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, Wisp
[Image: tumblr_magllebaTg1ra3amzo1_250.gif]

He can do this.

[Image: funny-gif-leonard-lol-quote-Favim.com-234514.gif]

Make Beyonce references

[Image: r4.gif]

Sheldon: This isn’t a desk. This is a Brobdingnagian monstrosity.

Raj: Is that the American idiom for giant, big-ass desk

Almost got Sheldon to say Brobdingnagian three times in a row.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 4 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, CassandraElise, queenoftheDales
I think my favorite episode with Raj was when Sheldon's sister showed up, he had some really hysterical scenes. (His scene with him meeping as the drugs wore off, while Missy looks concerned and Penny looks sympathetically at him still makes me grin like a loon)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Toad
I know Raj doesnt get too much fanfare, but I'm watching TADD (I prefer classic big bang as white noise to my studying) and I realize that Raj was hilarious in this episode. Although its a Shenny classic, I always laugh at the Raj scenes.

I wonder if we Americans do sound funny?

And the rabbits....Big Grin
Rajesh Koothrappali: If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed and I would be their king.
... I would be kind to my rabbit subjects... at first.
... One day, I hold a great ball for the President of France, but the rabbits they hate me and don't come. I'm embarrassed so I eat all the lettuce in the world and make them watch

Raj cackling at the end made me laugh so hard.

Plus did anyone notice the natural chemistry (platonic, from my point of view) that Raj has with Sheldon? Their back and forth is always entertaining. Some of their interactions rank higher for me than Raj and Howard.
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant, Jomi25
"Stars are pretty."

YES!!! Of the three stoned-out-of-their-gourds rambles, Raj's is the funniest just for the sheer nutty surrealism of it all. Kunal hits all the right notes here, and his little pause before the somewhat menacing "at first" gets me every time.
OH PLEASE...
The following 2 users Like Toad's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant
I like Raj WHEN HE'S NOT TALKING TO WOMEN. The Lalita date was one of the most depressingly cringeworthy things I've ever seen. I MUST try to subtly weave "brobdingnagian"
into a random conversation with someone... maybe an essay. That would impress the moderators...
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 3 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad, queenoftheDales