Young Sheldon Eps 1-4
(10-03-2018, 02:16 PM)Nutz Wrote: I fell head over heels for vintage Sheldon so if I believe that Young Sheldon is the real “truth” then the Sheldon that I fell in love with is a complete fraud. Eidetic memory...lie. Not understanding social situations...lie. His father being a lazy, womanizing alcoholic...lie. Not being able to lie worth a damn... lie.

I guess my biggest problem is I’m a continuity stickler (which is probably the reason I bail out of a lot of shows by the 4th or 5th season).

This is a big case of RETCONS. TPTB don't care about continuity or characterization. They only care about a few things. Lenny, Shamy, sex, and marriage*. "Happy" marriage(s) at that(Which also means "Happy" families). It's pretty clear really, considering Howard's married Bernadette, Lenny is a thing, Shamy is (sadly) a thing, and Raj is well on his way to getting married even after several seasons of vehemently rejecting even the IDEA of his parents meddling in his love life(Quite the turn around now). And then you have Leonard, Howard, and Raj's constant chasing after girls for sex in the early seasons, and later Amy's forcible insistence on Sheldon giving her sex and then Sheldon suddenly liking it. God knows the final episode will be showing all of them "happily" married and with a "happy" family each/of their own.

Anyways, they've clearly realized that Sheldon's account of his past in TBBT contradicts their goals of promoting "happy" marriages and "happy" families. Also, taken a certain way, YS would be something of a little shit/big pain in the ass due to his eidetic memory, superior learning compared to his family and fellow classmates, his mysophobia, etc... which TPTB wouldn't like as it doesn't promote the 'happy family' agenda. So RETCON LAND, HERE WE COME!

*Lenny and Shamy, because they seem to view those fucked up relationships as ones everyone should aspire to have. Sex, because if you don't have sex you're a worthless vigin, a loser, etc... and it's the key to happiness(Or at least for Leonard). And marriage, because if you don't get married by the time you're 30 or so and aren't popping out kids, you fail as an adult or something.

Messages In This Thread
Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 08-31-2017, 01:02 AM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 08-31-2017, 04:48 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 09-07-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nutz - 09-08-2017, 01:19 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nutz - 09-26-2018, 09:53 AM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nutz - 10-03-2018, 02:16 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nostalgia - 10-04-2018, 04:43 AM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 11-23-2018, 12:30 AM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Tuesday Pajamas - 11-23-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: Young Sheldon Eps 1-4 - by Nutz - 03-29-2019, 05:35 AM