20.00%
1 20.00%
3 Dirty Socks
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10.10 The Property Division Collision
Can I just add a small corollary to the above, with a minor disagreement.

There are, I think, circumstances under which a couple can continue to be interesting after the actual relationship is established. But it requires that a certain amount of their focus and drive be external to the couple. I'm thinking primarily of crime investigation duos, because that's my genre of choice, generally. A film, or a book, has a finite arc, mostly (unless someone is going franchise crazy from the off) so the pacing is all towards a 'happy ending'. A show spreads it out, sometimes way too long, and often fails to please a majority of the audience doing so.

Characters who have the Relationship as their sole goal/reason for existence can't be interesting past that one point, usually because they aren't written with any other nuance. Put it against a backdrop of something bigger than they are, and it can be ongoing. It needs, though, to be about discovering facets, learning to be a couple, not a solo act. And this does not have to go straight to marriage/babies. Or manufactured melodrama.
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Nutz, Gamma
Wow this has to be the worst episode yet. I really hope this is the last season because the well is so dry.

First of all, that painting rehash moment was painfully unfunny. They could have made it properly funny by setting the damn thing alight. In fact why don't they burn the entire apartment down while they're at it.

The argument between Leonard and Sheldon was so lame. I saw someone on the other site compare it to Panty Pinata, saying its the Leonard and Sheldon version. So I was looking forward to it. But boy was that a crook of shit.

The B plot is even worse. Why the hell are Raj and Stuart hanging out in Boring Baby Town. Kill me now!

Fuck this show sucks now.

Christopher Lloyd was a joy to behold. Sod the rest of them!
I was kinda hoping Christopher Lloyd would be playing a Jim Ignatowski-like character. But once again everyone was either out-of-character or in the worst version of the character. Leonard was fucking vicious.
BTW, I never assign an episode 3 dirty socks because I have faith that worse is to come and I'm saving it for that.
(12-04-2016, 02:32 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: The argument between Leonard and Sheldon was so lame. I saw someone on the other site compare it to Panty Pinata, saying its the Leonard and Sheldon version. So I was looking forward to it. But boy was that a crook of shit.

Sheldon still knows how to play it, but then there's Leonard...

I'm glad that TPP ep was brought up. This episode ended on a trope that Sheldon and Leonard went to prank war, because they love each other, or something. At least that's how the Lloyd character said it:

"It's easier to fight, than to face the feelings that you have for one another." Ya got that right!
[Image: 2h4iykn.jpg]
The following 2 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Kimk26
So pretty much I take that the episode was shit and Leonard was shit so yeah... can they go downhill from there?! Can it get worst?! That's the surprise...
Bitches be crazy. 
(12-04-2016, 07:21 AM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: So pretty much I take that the episode was shit and Leonard was shit so yeah... can they go downhill from there?! Can it get worst?! That's the surprise...

It wasn't so much that Leonard was shit, (he was okay) it was that the episode was so tired. The real story, that of Sheldon happily giving 4A over to Leonard and Penny, was buried under a little squabble over a couple of items in the apartment. Which, lets face it, mean NOTHING to the current viewers. The apartment flag... correct me if I'm wrong, was never some huge brobdingnagian monstrosity.

This is the apartment flag which meant anything to leonard and Sheldon!

[Image: vlcsnap-256786.png]

The story about Sheldon making Leonard buy a large one was never covered on the show (as far as I know) so had no emotional connection for the viewer because we only ever saw the damn thing in the dreadful 'Fun with Flags' scenes which no one liked anyway. So why Leonard would even lay claim to it is baffling.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

The episode would have been much more exciting if Leonard and Sheldon were having a real fight over something that actually mattered: THE APARTMENT. If they had covered that, they may have come up with something worth watching a second time. But they are too scared to rock boats. This is why eps like Panty Pinata, where they took risks and showed conflict, will always kick these later eps right up the jacksy.

I'm not a Shamy and never will be but why aren't Sheldon and Amy living in 4A? This is the site of their FWFs shite and its where Sheldon's spot is. Sheldon also has the lease under his name. Why are the writers handing it to Leonard? Its foolhardy. 4A is important and Sheldon is their main star. I just can't get over how much they are ruining their own show with such poor decision making.
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, CTR69, QueenOfShebaSays, Berliner, Nutz
The people saying Sheldon was an arse, are a butthurt vocal minority. Remove Leonard, no one will notice. Remove Sheldon ? It will dismantle the whole show. Too bad, the writing ruined Sheldon. But he can still outshine Leonard anyday. Leonard has no personality or charisma. Literally no one gives a crap about Leonard, save for a handful.

No one is going to remember these forgettable, interchangeable weak season 10 episodes. TBBT has fallen out of favor with social media buzz and critics. The fact is , at the end of the day, episodes like Panty Pinata, Einstein Approximation, Euclid Alternative, Adhesive Duck Deficiency, Pants Alternative and other creative iconic Sheldon centric episodes will be evergreen. They will be what most fans and critics remember TBBT for.It is Sheldon's spot, Sheldon's couch, Sheldon's 4A, Sheldon's catch phrases, Sheldon's stories and everyone else revolves around him, no matter how much they try to artificially prop up Leonard.
The following 7 users Like chaotic temptation's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, QueenOfShebaSays, Berliner, Gamma, Tuesday Pajamas, FlyingMonkey, Nutz
The Season 1-4 Sheldon was the duende of the show. He's what pushed it over into art, at times, and was certainly the reason for the show's success.
And the elements that people will remember are indeed what Chaotic said above. These 12 classic Sheldon traits:

http://www.thebigbangtheoryhq.com/sheldons-quirks

Please observe the list. Wine

[Image: 960.jpg]

I don't think current Sheldon has ANY of these traits left. Possibly No. 2?
Confused
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Berliner, FlyingMonkey, Nutz, chaotic temptation
^ Current Sheldon wouldn't even know what's written on that whiteboard.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß