SPOILER WARNING: Canon : Season 10
I agree, at least now that these canon ships have been established to death, they can start to step away from it. We get it... they're couples. Now let's have plots that do not revolve around that! Let's have Shenny going to an office party, or on a quick road trip! Like we get it! CANON COUPLES! Now let's move past that...

They need to do something otherwise it's just the most boring and repetitive crap. I mean this for 12 more episodes????
Bitches be crazy. 
And let's expose these people to the real world. Show them that their "normal" just plain isn't. It's a fantasy "normal". Nothing is real. Not the emotions. Nothing. Everything is just a check mark on two fantasy relationships.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Nutz
(11-17-2016, 06:23 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: All the Shamy talk about is coitus because S and A have only done the nasty once. Or they just seem to be waiting for Sheldon to be more demonstrative. Or to marry. All Lenny talk about is more air time for extremely dull content which can only interest them. The cards have all been dealt, they can fill some eps with the baby coming and maybe get a long drawn out Shamy engagement/marriage thing going but I don't have a clue what they can do with Lenny, except maybe to stand by the wayside guiding and playing observer to Shamy. Without Sheldon, Leonard is utterly forgettable. You never see articles online about HIS character because he's not made an impression. He could be anyone, played by any actor. Penny is the key.

Thoughts?

Key to Lenny is Sheldon, at his expense. Without him, we get eps like dancing after midnight, action figures gone missing and comicon humiliation.
But with him around, they're cheered up, because "At least I'm not him".

If they move out and live on their own, I give them 2 months. After that, Penny will start to miss Sheldon and Leonard will have to break up with her. They're just dragging on the inevitable.
The following 6 users Like CTR69's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Kimk26, chaotic temptation, Berliner, Nutz, Ratman77
It blows my mind that in all of 9 years, Penny was not allowed to have a legitimate fully developed love interest who could rival Leonard. Someone attractive, caring, decent and smart(not necessarily had to be Sheldon), who could make Leonard look less than stellar. The writers couldn't risk it. Whereas, creepy troll Leonard somehow has had many attractive love interests to the point that it became totally unbelievable. Just goes to show how one dimensional their idea of Penny is. She is supposed to be a trophy . She is supposed to wait on the sidelines and realize what a 'catch' creepy troll Leonard is , and how wrong she was for not realizing that before.

Same with Shamy. The writers couldn't risk their arguably most popular character, Sheldon, to be with a geeky, sweet, radiant and charismatic girl who understands him(not necessarily had to be Penny, but they had options like Martha and Vanessa, who they could have developed further). They were afraid it would steal the show and the audience would love it too much compared to their current dull offering in the form of the self pitying Amy with her sob story and her 'putting up' with Sheldon. So, Sheldon is supposed to believe Amy is the best girlfriend ever, and she 'deserves' all the love and his full attention because......I don't exactly know why.

Because, lets be honest. Any romantic interest character for Penny and Sheldon, who had a bit of charisma and wit, would be enough to make people forget Leonard and Amy. So the writers have deliberately engineered Penny and Sheldon to have no romantic options, apart from Leonard and Amy.

The ugly idea here is that Penny and Sheldon are supposed to realize how "lucky" they are to have Leonard and Amy. And it makes my skin crawl. It reeks of lazy writing and wish fulfillment. It is so blatant. And it took me so long to realize that. Well, now, lesson learnt. Next time I try a new sitcom, I will be quick to dump it, if the show starts following a similar trope.
The following 13 users Like chaotic temptation's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Gamma, devilbk, QueenOfShebaSays, Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, Berliner, shennyari, Toad, lilyben3, Ratman77, CassandraElise, Shellsyke
The handling of canon on the show is terrible. Amy's birthday is approaching and Sheldon and Amy are due to partake in second coitus. It makes no sense for Sheldon to stick to once a year coitus if he is doing this willingly. Also since he tried to get her to have coitus to breed recently anyway. They are trying to keep Sheldon's love of routine but taking the idea to the ridiculous. Shamy is a total farce. Its so poorly written that no one in their right mind would consider it life like. There were so many better ways they could have approached this story arc. Big Bang simply thrown ideas out there and hope people forget previous canon as they run with it.
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz, chaotic temptation, Ratman77, Toad, devilbk
Lenny are Shamy are very similar, just gender specific due to differing expectations.

They both want the unattainable person. They both expect returns for their 'investment', they both have little understanding of individuality.
The following 8 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, devilbk, CassandraElise, Toad, chaotic temptation, Gamma, Ratman77
I think TPTB have something they don't want to admit: Leonard is not a strong enough character to be the lead.

Even with capturing the heart of the pretty leading lady. Still zippo chemistry. It's almost as if Penny is there to legitimize Leonard. Unfortunately for creators, Leonard's flatness only sucks the life out of Penny, and their scenes together are akin to paint drying.

The only coupledom Leonard worked best in was with Sheldon--and both were single. In this, Leonard was the absolute subordinate, and IMO, was at his funniest. With the addition of Penny, it was her interactions with Sheldon which showed how plain Leonard really was--and what a self-loather, given how it became obvious that he'd give his eye-teeth to be 'normal' like Penny. Because normal guys got girls like Penny, apparently.

Early episodes with him pining over Penny 'worked' because the relationship wasn't the focus of the episode. There was an 'A' plot which swept the pining one-sided romance aside. Or in other words, Leonard's pseudo-relationship was subordinate to the main plot. Again, he is unable to drive the episodes forward--so no wonder Sheldon became such a breakout character: give him anything from the number 43, to sleep deprivation, to a 3 strike policy and entire episodes become comedic gold.

Leonard is wish-fulfillment to the utmost. That he has become more of a vile character as the seasons have gone on and yet continues to be the 'hero' of the story is proof. The show has had to lower its standards in order to make Leonard look better. Sheldon has been lobotomized, Raj is a jerk and Howard, emasculated. Poor Penny's backstory gets seedier in order to make her, at the very least, 'just as bad' as Leonard in order to make his transgressions less vile.

People talk about Mary-Sue's. Now we have the male equivalent. Find an author insert--oh, how positively Leonard.
Let's go exploring!
The following 11 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Toad, FlyingMonkey, Idle Miscreant, chaotic temptation, Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma, Nutz, devilbk, Berliner, CTR69, Ratman77
Leonard has always been the absolute worst and the weakest link of the show. He is a root cause of a lot of problems in the show. After all, Leonard's existence is a big part of why we have Amy Farrah Fowler- to keep Sheldon in check.The creators know this very well. They are not fools. Their ego just won't let them admit it.

Leonard is dull, whiny, bland and has no charm. Leonard objectifies and humiliates Penny, he cheated on her, he doesn't even bother to look attractive for her and , he takes self loathing to a whole new level. I refuse to believe Penny can't find anyone better. What annoys me is that Sheldon and Howard have been made a butt of jokes so many times whereas Leonard remains unscathed and more or less, never suffers for his actions.

Leonard might be the 'hero' in the fake artificial world of the writers, but in the real world, it is Jim Parsons and Simon Helberg who shine for the people who watch the show. It is Sheldon who is the winner in the real world - Sheldon became iconic, his character got almost all possible awards and the fan adoration.

Can you imagine an episode where Sheldon discovers, he might have feelings for Penny ? A large portion of the viewing audience would have been swayed and would have rooted for Sheldon and Shenny, given how much of a beloved phenomenon Sheldon had become. Lenny would have become a dull afterthought. People always had a lot more sympathy and love for Sheldon(despite his abrasive personality) than Leonard who despite his 'nice guy' act could never achieve the same level of adoration. Conveniently enough, they made sure Sheldon had 0 interest in Penny, and even infantilised him.

As long as the creators think of Leonard as the hero, the show will continue to spiral downwards, creatively.
The following 11 users Like chaotic temptation's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Toad, FlyingMonkey, devilbk, Berliner, CTR69, wellplayedpenny, Gamma, Ratman77
(12-18-2016, 09:50 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: It's almost as if Penny is there to legitimize Leonard.

You're pretty much summed up the Leonard and Penny part of the show in this one line. This is also why BB is the highest rated show on TV. The BB writers are very clever and have tapped into how many people want this fantasy. Johnny Galecki as Leonard just didn't produce the charisma they expected. He was this cute child star and they thought they were on to this winner casting him and that he was really going to sell Leonard as a lead. It failed.

(12-18-2016, 09:50 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: The only coupledom Leonard worked best in was with Sheldon.

Very true. Sheldon made Leonard likeable. He was the fall guy, putting up with his insufferable roommate and doing it because he knew Sheldon wasn't capable of understanding. It was charitable and gave him a purpose. When they took away Sheldon's naviety, Leonard became an over-priledged boring little man who got way too lucky. This works for BB because those who buy into Lenny don't need Leonard to be more. Otherwise they wouldn't identify with him.

BB are always making jokes about how lucky Leonard got. They know its only workable because they make it so onscreen, they know they are sitcom pimps. Big Grin

(12-18-2016, 03:13 PM)chaotic temptation Wrote: Can you imagine an episode where Sheldon discovers, he might have feelings for Penny ?

Yes!!! and I can even imagine it now. And they could pull it off. If it happened they could change the entire show AND get several more seasons out of the aftermath very easily. It will blow the roof off everything and be incredibly refreshing and brave. I actually think its the only way to keep BB on the air. Without big changes I can't see them pulling off more seasons without getting very stale.
The following 10 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, QueenOfShebaSays, FlyingMonkey, devilbk, Berliner, wellplayedpenny, Gamma, Jela, Ratman77
Again all my thoughts.

Leonard, as the nominal hero, was-for me- from the beginning on a flop.
His sexual need, his wineiness, and also his behavior towards his friends, made him immediately for me to the annoying imbalance and "anti-character" Morlock of the show. Every other figure was more sympathetic than him and so I never could understand why to hell Penny must go with him (?????) Huh Huh Huh 

And yes!!! I also can imagine that Penny and Sheldon could come together. Now more than before!!!. Without a change, a great turn there is not a great chance for the show to survive. With a switch to "Shenny" they could make, that a lot of previous viewers could come back to the show, what eventually could make good results for the quotes.

So, who know it???
Regarding the fact that the money, at the last consequence, is the most important thing of all, eventually we could become our "Shenny". Big Grin

(And also it would be logical and and simply nice). Soft Kitty Heart Angel

So again: SHENNY FOR THE WIN!!!

P.S.: Another "Shamy"-coitus.

[Image: latest?cb=20141106023247]

Sorry, but that must be. sass
The following 1 user Likes Ratman77's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas