Off Topic
This post was moved by Tuesday Pajamas but I am unable to edit the original poster, so my apologies Gripe.

In order to keep the episode threads on topic I'm creating this thread for other show/fandom discussion.

Pajamas.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
(01-13-2014, 01:33 PM)Jislane35 Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 12:58 PM)taffinabean Wrote: He was heartfelt. Aside from his bad waitress remarks, Sheldon was very sincere and supportive of Penny.
Sheldon meant the "We're dreamers" comment.

Even Penny knew she was a horrible waitress herself. IKR? Very rarely does he compare himself to anyone. Actually he doesn't. I wish Penny would've realized that and the fact that that was one of the best compliments she's ever gotten from him.

I remember before Amy ever came into the show when the canons used to say that the reason Penny could never have a chance with him was because she liked sex and he had no interest in it and she wasn't smart enough for him. Well guess what, thanks to the re-editing of the writers he's now become a teeny tiny bit curious about sex and has a GF who is very much obsessed with the idea of coitus (maybe even a little more than Penny is which says a lot) and not only that but Leonard is also an intelligent scientist just like Sheldon yet Penny isn't one and while she lacks a degree he's become tolerant enough over it. Now the only excuses they have is that Sheldon is already taken by someone who 'loves' him and that him and Penny are more like 'siblings'. PFFFFTTT! What-EVER.

We all know how over-used and false the bro-sis theory is and I don't even think a word as strong as love should be used in the Shamy right now or even at all because I've never gotten that feeling out of Amy, her actions certainly don't say so and neither do Sheldon's. And NO him having her as one of his screensavers, emergency contact, and using Han Solo's famous 'I know' line after coming back from Texas doesn't count. I don't even think he understood the double sided message coming from that quote either; when it comes to Sheldon is sounded more conceited coming out of him to me. And I still don't understand why the gang was so surprised that she got him to listen to her about going back to see his nephew because that honestly wasn't the first time she made him do something. The writers were just trying to find an excuse to force the audience to see that she is supposedly the only one he listens to.

Man I don't know who was in charge of Sheldon's old character before season four started but that dude seriously needs to come back ASAP.

(01-13-2014, 12:58 PM)taffinabean Wrote: He was heartfelt. Aside from his bad waitress remarks, Sheldon was very sincere and supportive of Penny.

Didn't see your new reply LOL.
And Amy is more like Sheldon's hen pecking mother at this point, mixed with a molester at other times. She manipulates him into touching her in ways that she sees as sexual yet he thinks is innocent. Considering tptb made Sheldon infantile most of the last two season, that behavior on Amy's part is creepy as hell.
When Sheldon is with Penny however, he is the one making the innuendos and acts more adult than he does with Amy.
There isn't anything sibling-like about Shenny, other than she accepts him for who he is and protects him, especially in past episodes.
That's what a good gf/lover/wife does too, though. How many times have you seen couples that seem like they have a brother and sister type relationship in that they get along well.
I know that tptb say "They're like siblings" to mean it would be unnatural to have them take a step in a romantic direction. I guess these dudes who write this show never heard of people growing up together then wind up marrying, or people who go from a close friendship to lovers?
Happens ALL of the time.
(01-12-2014, 09:02 PM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 09:09 AM)Berliner Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 07:57 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Amy is miserable, and has no spark or personality. They've completely normalized her vs the 4th and 5th season, but she's still dull as F!

I love Sheldon's unintentional sweet moments too that are not forced but come from his heart and mind. I was just talking about this on the Paradox but the comment from a couple seasons ago about the scent of Penny's shampoo. How Sheldon noticed her shampoo scent, noticed it changed and didn't like the new scent.
Adorbs!

Like I said elsewhere I am absolutely at a loss to describe current Amy. 'No spark of personality' really nails it. The only thing I can think of to explain it is that this really shows how her character is more of a plot device than a flushed out character since Amy seems to 'animate' when something important comes along and then flattens out to nothing. ...She was really freaky in seasons five and six with her 'personality' all over the place but yeah, it's like they're not even bothering to hide her puppet strings this season.

Yeah, it's like the writers don't understand there's a BIG difference between child-LIKE and child-ISH. Of course I think they're having problems understanding the word 'nuance' which really stitched together earlier episodes.

[quote='taffinabean' pid='626' dateline='1389622264']
[quote='Jislane35' pid='605' dateline='1389594827']
[quote='taffinabean' pid='604' dateline='1389592695']
He was heartfelt. Aside from his bad waitress remarks, Sheldon was very sincere and supportive of Penny.

Even Penny knew she was a horrible waitress herself. IKR? Very rarely does he compare himself to anyone. Actually he doesn't. I wish Penny would've realized that and the fact that that was one of the best compliments she's ever gotten from him.

I remember before Amy ever came into the show when the canons used to say that the reason Penny could never have a chance with him was because she liked sex and he had no interest in it and she wasn't smart enough for him. Well guess what, thanks to the re-editing of the writers he's now become a teeny tiny bit curious about sex and has a GF who is very much obsessed with the idea of coitus (maybe even a little more than Penny is which says a lot) and not only that but Leonard is also an intelligent scientist just like Sheldon yet Penny isn't one and while she lacks a degree he's become tolerant enough over it. Now the only excuses they have is that Sheldon is already taken by someone who 'loves' him and that him and Penny are more like 'siblings'. PFFFFTTT! What-EVER.

We all know how over-used and false the bro-sis theory is and I don't even think a word as strong as love should be used in the Shamy right now or even at all because I've never gotten that feeling out of Amy, her actions certainly don't say so and neither do Sheldon's. And NO him having her as one of his screensavers, emergency contact, and using Han Solo's famous 'I know' line after coming back from Texas doesn't count. I don't even think he understood the double sided message coming from that quote either; when it comes to Sheldon is sounded more conceited coming out of him to me. And I still don't understand why the gang was so surprised that she got him to listen to her about going back to see his nephew because that honestly wasn't the first time she made him do something. The writers were just trying to find an excuse to force the audience to see that she is supposedly the only one he listens to.

Man I don't know who was in charge of Sheldon's old character before season four started but that dude seriously needs to come back ASAP.

And Amy is more like Sheldon's hen pecking mother at this point, mixed with a molester at other times. She manipulates him into touching her in ways that she sees as sexual yet he thinks is innocent. Considering tptb made Sheldon infantile most of the last two season, that behavior on Amy's part is creepy as hell.
When Sheldon is with Penny however, he is the one making the innuendos and acts more adult than he does with Amy.
There isn't anything sibling-like about Shenny, other than she accepts him for who he is and protects him, especially in past episodes.
That's what a good gf/lover/wife does too, though. How many times have you seen couples that seem like they have a brother and sister type relationship in that they get along well.
I know that tptb say "They're like siblings" to mean it would be unnatural to have them take a step in a romantic direction. I guess these dudes who write this show never heard of people growing up together then wind up marrying, or people who go from a close friendship to lovers?
Happens ALL of the time.

I commented something like this on Paradox but it seems as though the writers have a problem with showing and telling: they tell us that the Shamy (and Lenny...man I just cringe thinking about the Lenny!) are a good couple via Sheldon saying Amy gave him the best gift ever or Leonard saying how much Amy's brought Sheldon around, etc. and then show us the nightmare that you described. Whereas we are shown what we see of the Shenny and yet have to be told how to interpret what we see as being sibling-like because obviously we're not 'getting' it by suggesting they've got chemistry.
@ wellplayedpenny

Maybe it's a brain washing experiment to see how many people they can fool. Or one of those intelligent tests which ask these type of questions.

What colour is this?

GREEN

…and way too many people say green. Smile I jest of course but you have to wonder what little in-jokes they have over the writing table.
(01-13-2014, 10:35 PM)wellplayedpenny Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 07:57 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Amy is miserable, and has no spark or personality. They've completely normalized her vs the 4th and 5th season, but she's still dull as F!

I love Sheldon's unintentional sweet moments too that are not forced but come from his heart and mind. I was just talking about this on the Paradox but the comment from a couple seasons ago about the scent of Penny's shampoo. How Sheldon noticed her shampoo scent, noticed it changed and didn't like the new scent.
Adorbs!

Like I said elsewhere I am absolutely at a loss to describe current Amy. 'No spark of personality' really nails it. The only thing I can think of to explain it is that this really shows how her character is more of a plot device than a flushed out character since Amy seems to 'animate' when something important comes along and then flattens out to nothing. ...She was really freaky in seasons five and six with her 'personality' all over the place but yeah, it's like they're not even bothering to hide her puppet strings this season.

Yeah, it's like the writers don't understand there's a BIG difference between child-LIKE and child-ISH. Of course I think they're having problems understanding the word 'nuance' which really stitched together earlier episodes.

He was heartfelt. Aside from his bad waitress remarks, Sheldon was very sincere and supportive of Penny.

Happens ALL of the time.

I commented something like this on Paradox but it seems as though the writers have a problem with showing and telling: they tell us that the Shamy (and Lenny...man I just cringe thinking about the Lenny!) are a good couple via Sheldon saying Amy gave him the best gift ever or Leonard saying how much Amy's brought Sheldon around, etc. and then show us the nightmare that you described. Whereas we are shown what we see of the Shenny and yet have to be told how to interpret what we see as being sibling-like because obviously we're not 'getting' it by suggesting they've got chemistry.

I saw your post on there and commented back, because I agree so much.
If the writers were more clever I would accuse them of propaganda, but instead it's just poor writer and character development.

I also want to know wtf Steve Morono (yes the spelling is intentional) means with "they're too much like siblings". What in his mind does that mean?
Getting along well? Caring for one another unconditionally? Raised in the same house? Idk what that means for tptb to keep saying Shenny is too much like siblings to have a romance.
In my experience, most of the time, when adults say they could never date someone because they're' too much like a brother/sister it's due to the fact they're not physically attracted to the other person...... at all. Let's be real, that's the only time that line is ever used.
If two people are attracted to each other, or have great sexual chemistry when they are around one another, then they eventually want to be together even if they grew up together or have a close friendship.
I've never personally seen a situation where two people are too close to date UNLESS one or both are not physically attracted to the other person.

(01-13-2014, 11:08 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: @ wellplayedpenny

Maybe it's a brain washing experiment to see how many people they can fool. Or one of those intelligent tests which ask these type of questions.

What colour is this?

GREEN

…and way too many people say green. Smile I jest of course but you have to wonder what little in-jokes they have over the writing table.

As I called him in my reply to WPP, Steve Morono is the main culprit. I can't stand him, and he makes me wanna punch his teeth every time he opens his mouth about Shenny. If I were lesser a person I'd mean-tweet him. lol
(01-14-2014, 01:04 AM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 10:35 PM)wellplayedpenny Wrote:

Adorbs!

Happens ALL of the time.

I saw your post on there and commented back, because I agree so much.
If the writers were more clever I would accuse them of propaganda, but instead it's just poor writer and character development.

I also want to know wtf Steve Morono (yes the spelling is intentional) means with "they're too much like siblings". What in his mind does that mean?
Getting along well? Caring for one another unconditionally? Raised in the same house? Idk what that means for tptb to keep saying Shenny is too much like siblings to have a romance.
In my experience, most of the time, when adults say they could never date someone because they're' too much like a brother/sister it's due to the fact they're not physically attracted to the other person...... at all. Let's be real, that's the only time that line is ever used.
If two people are attracted to each other, or have great sexual chemistry when they are around one another, then they eventually want to be together even if they grew up together or have a close friendship.
I've never personally seen a situation where two people are too close to date UNLESS one or both are not physically attracted to the other person.

(01-13-2014, 11:08 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: @ wellplayedpenny

What colour is this?

GREEN

As I called him in my reply to WPP, Steve Morono is the main culprit. I can't stand him, and he makes me wanna punch his teeth every time he opens his mouth about Shenny. If I were lesser a person I'd mean-tweet him. lol

Tuesday Pajamas: Your color green metaphor couldn't be more true! LMFAO XD It's As if the writers say green while we say it's hot pink. I have no doubt in my mind that they have way too many inside jokes about making all of these innuendos and special moments between Shenny. They know we're still out there catching up on the show and they occasionally give us something just to bring us back, I think deep down they know how much attention Shenny attracts the old fans so they use them as their secret weapon.

Taffinabean: Your comment about the whole mention of the bro-sis theory is definitely a more discreet and polite way of saying that two people are not attracted to one another, couldn't be more true! In reality those are the best and strongest type of relationships. I guess the writers think that both Sheldon and Penny are (supposedly) not physically attracted to each other but I object to that. Not after some of the innuendos that those two have passed on to one another over the years that tell me otherwise! If anything I think it's Sheldon who sees Amy as his own sister because he sure as hell doesn't treat her as someone he'd be physically attracted to (said so last season too).

It's completely frustrating how the writers had her not be attracted to him during season 4 and was more interested in guys like Zack then once season 5 came outta nowhere this girl wants to get inside Sheldon's pants and I'm just sitting here like the F***?! And it's even worse because she's still attracted to Zack and other hot guys who are nothing like Sheldon yet she still wants to get him in bed. Makes no sense. I think she treats him like her last resort because deep down she knows no normal guy will give her a chance so she sticks to the only guy who did and is good enough for her even though he's apparently more annoying, weird, enbarrassing, awkward and off putting than every other genius who hits on her. The show was way better without her and they honestly could've used TONS of other ways to help Sheldon's character develop besides just pairing him up with a once female version of himself like all the others guys. But sadly it seemed as if new fans wanted to see a more romantic comedy sitcom and edited everything about vintage Sheldon. I just think it's really lazy and lame to have him grow as a character only through sex. F***ing really? I wish Sheldon would just go back to being single and just stay that way, him and Amy were a lot more respectful to each other when they were just friends anyway the only good thing about the Shamy now is that (unlike Leonard) at least Amy supports Sheldon's work. THAT'S IT. I always laugh every time see a comment from the canons saying how Sheldon has been 'in love' with Amy since they first met, sorry but there is no way was he complained about being just friends with her. Even though I know it was all in the hands of the writers doing that relationship agreement just came out of nowhere.

I used to think she liked Sheldon because he was brilliant and handsome but the way she's currently acted around him these past two seasons tell me otherwise and Sheldon treats her very rudely a good amount of the time its no wonder she told him she was having second thoughts about no longer dating him because the only thing that they did close to sex was through D&D. Notice that he told Amy that she liked her the way she is (does he mean the old season 4 Amy or this new one that wants to jump him and smother him? Because I don't see how he could find any appeal to this new Amy anymore) yet the only thing she said in return is that she likes him too? I really doubt she likes him just the way he is because if she did she wouldn't treat him like some sort if experiment. And if this is the real boy that the gang has been waiting to see Sheldon become well let's just say that this is not how I envisioned his development to be like. And I don't understand those fans who brag about how 'sexy they look together'. What's so sexy about them? They look as if they could be each other's cousins. Sheldon is a cutie for sure but Amy? Eeehhhhhhhhhhhhh......NO. I don't see what's so great about her character that people adore about her, she was a little more tolerable in season 4 but she's only on the show as a plot device for Sheldon's supposed development. Nothing more nothing less. And she's pretty useless if the writers aren't focusing on Shamy during certain episodes.

Whoever made that comment about her being his surrogate mother wanting to have sex with him? Yeah. THAT is exactly what you can describe for that farce 'relationship'. I don't think these writers know what they're doing with this ship anymore and have become lost with them, the only thing they do have in their mind for them is the sex. I'm so scared on what they'll prepare for the canon ships next month on Valentine's Day well on the bright side at least this current season is half way through.

As for that Steve asshat, he thinks that we only want Sheldon and Penny to have crazy sex with each other. Uuuuhhhhhh sure he's not confusing us with the Shamy's there?! I don't think that asshole knows what he's doing to any of these ships. Based on the stories of those who visited Orangeland that seems to be the only thing thats on their mind for those two. Unlike those freaks we actually want to see both character and career development for Shelly and Penny and THEN have them realize all the things they've done for each other over the years as they become even closer than ever before because of it.

Now I don't see how Amy has done all that much for Sheldon especially since we have the gang telling us that she has rather than showing us what she's supposedly done for him. As for the Shamy, well I feel as though they'll just become another Howardette and people will slowly start to forget about them after they have their 'big moment'/visiting the Coopers and become ten times more irritating than they already are. They'll most likely be having arguments about marriage and having lots of casual make up sex (mostly initiated by Amy) like Lenny. They learn from the best.

Once their story is over and Sheldon has developed (AKA is even more unrecognizable/OCC than he already is) they honestly won't bother doing anymore big plot devices except maybe her moving into his place/pushing him into buying their own place and or marriage/kids. Their scenes will become sub-plots and tag scenes. And let's face it break ups mean absolutely NOTHING on this show. Seems as of Sheldon's only happy ending through the writer's eyes is him being together forever with Amy not winning his one and only goal that is the Nobel Prize.
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • Wisp
Yeah but Steve Morelo has given us some great Shenny moments again and these were getting really thin on the ground last season. So while he continues to use the 'siblings' card, we get to see our favorite pair together again. And not only that but we are hearing people actually talk about Sheldon and Penny once more and that hasn't happened for a long time. I'll take what I can get! especially with VD coming up soon.
(01-14-2014, 02:17 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Yeah but Steve Morelo has given us some great Shenny moments again and these were getting really thin on the ground last season. So while he continues to use the 'siblings' card, we get to see our favorite pair together again. And not only that but we are hearing people actually talk about Sheldon and Penny once more and that hasn't happened for a long time. I'll take what I can get! especially with VD coming up soon.

True. Dodgy At least there's one thing he's actually good at. I wonder though, if Amy never happened then would Shenny have been an even bigger possibility or even closer than ever before? I'd like to think so especially since they always got more attention than the Lenny ever did. A ship that has now become boring and pretty repetitive, not to mention predictable.
(01-14-2014, 02:26 AM)Jislane35 Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 02:17 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Yeah but Steve Morelo has given us some great Shenny moments again and these were getting really thin on the ground last season. So while he continues to use the 'siblings' card, we get to see our favorite pair together again. And not only that but we are hearing people actually talk about Sheldon and Penny once more and that hasn't happened for a long time. I'll take what I can get! especially with VD coming up soon.

True. Dodgy At least there's one thing he's actually good at. I wonder though, if Amy never happened then would Shenny have been an even bigger possibility or even closer than ever before? I'd like to think so especially since they always got more attention than the Lenny ever did. A ship that has now become boring and pretty repetitive, not to mention predictable.

I'm just really enjoying that Shenny is back in the debate. Maybe not with the showrunners but amongst the viewers. I read a post last year by a canon saying that he/she was glad the Shenny had finally died! It made me very sad because at the time this person was right. There was nothing to chat about on the Shenny front. That's no longer the case, people are coming out of the Shenny closest.
Quote:Taffinabean: Your comment about the whole mention of the bro-sis theory is definitely a more discreet and polite way of saying that two people are not attracted to one another, couldn't be more true! In reality those are the best and strongest type of relationships. I guess the writers think that both Sheldon and Penny are (supposedly) not physically attracted to each other but I object to that. Not after some of the innuendos that those two have passed on to one another over the years that tell me otherwise! If anything I think it's Sheldon who sees Amy as his own sister because he sure as hell doesn't treat her as someone he'd be physically attracted to (said so last season too).

I don't think the writers or the show runner can say that Sheldon and Penny are not attracted to one another because there are signs, not to mention there have been actual comments and actions especially on Sheldon's part ironically.
I don't think the answer about siblings is thought out, it is just meant to shut down the Shenny romance talk. Anyway, writers can make sexual attraction happen with their pc.
At least with Sheldon and Penny the natural chemistry is there to build something. Can't say the same with Shamy or even Lenny. I never got passion or chemistry with either.

and

Tuesday Pajamas, I know Steve Morelo gave us some great Shenny moments but to what end? Just to deny their history or their meaning to one another? Just to replace the Shenny moments with Shamy moments and pretend like everything is brand new?

We're fortunate this season has been strong on Shenny vs season five and six, but I don't trust SM or the writers at all. Especially when he poo poos Shenny in interviews. Its like they throw us a bone to keep us watching but in the end they don't have a plan for them except to be in a bad relationship/marriage with Leonard and Amy.
Frankly, I'd rather they just end all Shenny moments now if in the end of the series it's gonna be Lenny and Shamy riding off together in the sunset.[/quote]