0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.13 The Occupation Recalibration
(01-12-2014, 02:19 AM)Moonbase Wrote: Not many laughs but it was better than last week.

Leonard didn't mean what he said when he said he'd support anything Penny did. It didn't bode well for them. But I wonder what will happen to her now. She's going to end up in debt, unless she finds something she can stomach to do outside of acting. I can understand that 10 years in the service industry would be very depressing though.

As for the subplots, they weren't great. Why don't they do some science stuff?! Stuart and Bernie was okay I guess. It's good to see Stuart being used, he was supposed to be a regular.

Amy seemed so bland this week, she's such a boring character now and too aggressive with Raj when he was teasing her. Some characters can do aggressive and remain funny but she can't. And to top it off she says Sheldon she has a way more off-putting personality than Bert.

Rock show, rock show, ROCK SHOOOOOOW!!

Penny coming to Sheldon's rescue was quite nice, she just couldn't leave him. Although I preferred the yoga to the dog act. I thought her reply when he said some yogi's can draw water through their genitals was very well delivered. She waited for just the right time before saying, "yeah well, I don't think we're going to get to do that today." Brilliant.

This is so true. She never comes across well when she's aggressive.

The scene with Raj, Howard and Bert in the car was pretty darn funny. I liked Bernie and Stuart because they played off another's personality in the most perfect way.
I think Shelly's 'we're dreamers' line really hits home for me because it doesn't have to be beaten out of him like his apology to Amy for being a jerk or forced from him like when Amy corners him into a talk about intimacy. ... Like his thanks to Penny for letting him stay the night at her place his line came out of nowhere--and yet is perfect in terms of timing and sentiment.
(01-12-2014, 07:57 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: I think Shelly's 'we're dreamers' line really hits home for me because it doesn't have to be beaten out of him like his apology to Amy for being a jerk or forced from him like when Amy corners him into a talk about intimacy. ... Like his thanks to Penny for letting him stay the night at her place his line came out of nowhere--and yet is perfect in terms of timing and sentiment.

Ah yes, so true. Makes it even more special. How are these the same writers that give us the other crap 95% of the time!
(01-12-2014, 07:57 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: I think Shelly's 'we're dreamers' line really hits home for me because it doesn't have to be beaten out of him like his apology to Amy for being a jerk or forced from him like when Amy corners him into a talk about intimacy. ... Like his thanks to Penny for letting him stay the night at her place his line came out of nowhere--and yet is perfect in terms of timing and sentiment.

I agree, Sheldon's golden moments are when he is not forced to do or say something as others want him (Amy and Leonard).
The episode was slightly better than the last one, thanks to Sheldon and Penny who saved the day. Leonard is afraid of losing his trophy wife whereas Amy wasn't that flat in a long time. Undecided
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
He was heartfelt. Aside from his bad waitress remarks, Sheldon was very sincere and supportive of Penny.
Sheldon meant the "We're dreamers" comment.
(01-13-2014, 12:58 PM)taffinabean Wrote: He was heartfelt. Aside from his bad waitress remarks, Sheldon was very sincere and supportive of Penny.

Even Penny knew she was a horrible waitress herself. IKR? Very rarely does he compare himself to anyone. Actually he doesn't. I wish Penny would've realized that and the fact that that was one of the best compliments she's ever gotten from him.

I remember before Amy ever came into the show when the canons used to say that the reason Penny could never have a chance with him was because she liked sex and he had no interest in it and she wasn't smart enough for him. Well guess what, thanks to the re-editing of the writers he's now become a teeny tiny bit curious about sex and has a GF who is very much obsessed with the idea of coitus (maybe even a little more than Penny is which says a lot) and not only that but Leonard is also an intelligent scientist just like Sheldon yet Penny isn't one and while she lacks a degree he's become tolerant enough over it. Now the only excuses they have is that Sheldon is already taken by someone who 'loves' him and that him and Penny are more like 'siblings'. PFFFFTTT! What-EVER.

We all know how over-used and false the bro-sis theory is and I don't even think a word as strong as love should be used in the Shamy right now or even at all because I've never gotten that feeling out of Amy, her actions certainly don't say so and neither do Sheldon's. And NO him having her as one of his screensavers, emergency contact, and using Han Solo's famous 'I know' line after coming back from Texas doesn't count. I don't even think he understood the double sided message coming from that quote either; when it comes to Sheldon is sounded more conceited coming out of him to me. And I still don't understand why the gang was so surprised that she got him to listen to her about going back to see his nephew because that honestly wasn't the first time she made him do something. The writers were just trying to find an excuse to force the audience to see that she is supposedly the only one he listens to.

Man I don't know who was in charge of Sheldon's old character before season four started but that dude seriously needs to come back ASAP.

(01-13-2014, 12:58 PM)taffinabean Wrote: He was heartfelt. Aside from his bad waitress remarks, Sheldon was very sincere and supportive of Penny.

Didn't see your new reply LOL.
I have to see this video. This is my first post on the Shennyhq forum. Feels good. Smile
Welcome Mr Ses! Good to see you round these parts. Smile
(01-14-2014, 05:00 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Welcome Mr Ses! Good to see you round these parts. Smile

Thank You Tuesday Pajamas! Good to be here. Smile
(01-14-2014, 06:52 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I think I was the one who originally derailed this thread. Blush It's gone a little off topic now. So you're seen the episode finally? I expect your full report tomorrow. Tongue

YOU derailed this thread? How DARE you...

[Image: Sheldon-Sicken.gif]

No, of course you don't. I just wanted to use the gif.
Also, I derailed a thread to talk about fennel earlier, so let he who is without sin, etc...

Aye Cap'n to report. This will be a Featured Episode, no? Who's going to write it, eh? EH?
I shall meet you and Check E. Light round the back of the bike shed for a round of Trestling. This will decide the matter...
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"