SPOILER WARNING: What fresh hell is this? - S10
But Mary is their only real shot at an Emmy!
Yeah I didn't watch the finale and I was pissed off that they just made Sheldon an idiot. Like the writers clearly didn't know what to do with him... But he had to be there. Which is why I'm dreading even more people being in an episode. Might as well just have Jim sitting in the kitchen the whole damn episode playing fantasy football. I mean if he wanna talk about holding up the set walls... They like to do it with him as well.
Bitches be crazy. 
(07-24-2016, 02:57 AM)devilbk Wrote: But Mary is their only real shot at an Emmy!

They don't care about Jim anymore.....
Bitches be crazy. 
To my mind, if there was a physical embodiment of "Shamy" it would be Miss Hardwood in a slightly damp cardigan giving Sheldum a sippy cup laced with sedatives.

"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, Jela, chaotic temptation, Gamma
(07-24-2016, 12:50 AM)devilbk Wrote: It would be interesting if Shamy went to the flag convention and discovered that Sheldon is a big celebrity in the hobby. There's even cosplay People dressed as Sheldon and even Penny but nobody dressed as AFF. People keep coming up to Amy and congratulating her for being brave enough to dress up as Amy because the flag fandom really hates her.

Well since we have seen some of our wishes and speculations bastardized into a Shamy scenes before, you've now you guaranteed that when they get to the convention AMY is the big celebrity in the hobby and people adon't care about Sheldon at all (although people will come up every 2 minutes and tell him how lucky he is to have Amy in his life)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, devilbk
(07-30-2016, 03:17 AM)Nutz Wrote: Well since we have seen some of our wishes and speculations bastardized into a Shamy scenes before, you've now you guaranteed that when they get to the convention AMY is the big celebrity in the hobby and people adon't care about Sheldon at all (although people will come up every 2 minutes and tell him how lucky he is to have Amy in his life)

Alarmingly accurate. Infact Moralo is noting this 'moment' down for future use as we speak. Turnip!
You know, casual viewers(the majority) still mostly watch for Sheldon( and Penny as well). Howard is also one of my favorites. They don't care about Lenny and Shamy as long as the show is funny !

So, I can't figure out why they keep forcing Amy on us ? She is dull, nagging, can't have fun, always manipulating him,  acts like his grandma, dresses like his grandma and I seriously don't know anyone outside of a small vocal online fandom, who believes she is in any way appealing or charming. I don't relate to Amy AT ALL. 

I'm just sick of the show telling us how lucky Penny is to have Leonard and how lucky Sheldon is to have Amy. Because I don't actually see it. 

I haven't watched since s7 but catch reviews and clips on youtube. No one is watching the show for Amy and Leonard.

Too much focus on Amy and how 'important' she is to Sheldon,  killed season 8 and 9 from the looks of it and it they are getting what they deserve -they lost out on major Emmy noms and ratings decreased from season 7. They were able to coast through s5-7 based on syndication of the lovely s1-4 but not anymore. 

Sheldon and Penny(and vintage Howard) still have the best of the show in s1-4. And no one can really take that away  Big Grin

I was looking at a poll at a bbt fansite -anyone can vote: Sheldon and Penny are still most popular ones (even in the online fandom) out of a 60k vote sample. Just wish Howard had as many votes. Howard is certainly a more amazing character than Amy, Bernadette and Leonard could ever be.

As of today -

Who is your Favorite Character ?

Sheldon (28,798 votes /49.9%)
Penny (9,844 votes /17.1%)

Leonard (7,757 votes /13.4%)
Raj (3,261 votes /5.7%)
Howard (2,918 votes /5.1%)
Amy (2,895 votes /5%)
Bernadette (1,501 votes /2.6%)
Stuart (707 votes /1.2%)

Total Votes
57,681 votes
The following 4 users Like chaotic temptation's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Idle Miscreant, Toad, CTR69
(07-31-2016, 05:11 AM)chaotic temptation Wrote: You know, casual viewers(the majority) still mostly watch for Sheldon( and Penny as well). Howard is also one of my favorites. They don't care about Lenny and Shamy as long as the show is funny !

So, I can't figure out why they keep forcing Amy on us ? She is dull, nagging, can't have fun, always manipulating him,  acts like his grandma, dresses like his grandma and I seriously don't know anyone outside of a small vocal online fandom, who believes she is in any way appealing or charming. I don't relate to Amy AT ALL. 

I'm just sick of the show telling us how lucky Penny is to have Leonard and how lucky Sheldon is to have Amy. Because I don't actually see it. 

I haven't watched since s7 but catch reviews and clips on youtube. No one is watching the show for Amy and Leonard.

Too much focus on Amy and how 'important' she is to Sheldon,  killed season 8 and 9 from the looks of it and it they are getting what they deserve -they lost out on major Emmy noms and ratings decreased from season 7. They were able to coast through s5-7 based on syndication of the lovely s1-4 but not anymore. 

Sheldon and Penny(and vintage Howard) still have the best of the show in s1-4. And no one can really take that away  Big Grin

I was looking at a poll at a bbt fansite -anyone can vote: Sheldon and Penny are still most popular ones (even in the online fandom) out of a 60k vote sample. Just wish Howard had as many votes. Howard is certainly a more amazing character  than Amy, Bernadette and Leonard could ever be.

As of today -

Who is your Favorite Character ?

Sheldon (28,798 votes /49.9%)
Penny (9,844 votes /17.1%)

Leonard (7,757 votes /13.4%)
Raj (3,261 votes /5.7%)
Howard (2,918 votes /5.1%)
Amy (2,895 votes /5%)
Bernadette (1,501 votes /2.6%)
Stuart (707 votes /1.2%)

Total Votes
57,681 votes

First of all hello! Second of all: I agree so much with what you just said! It's all so true! 

As a Sheldon Cooper fan myself, I'm pleased to see that so many still love Sheldon, I mean that's why most people watch. They don't care about Shamy, Sheldon could be with any woman and it wouldn't matter. He is still the best part of the show. And happy and a little stunned to see Penny up top! She's also the best part of the show. 

With how much people act like Amy is some sort of tv show savior. She's way down on the bottom. No one likes her. 

(This poll also proves to some folks who hate Sheldon and assume that Leonard is what makes the show... No is Sheldon...)

Thanks for this. It's insightful.
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • chaotic temptation
Vote for Shenny and vintage TBBT episodes:

here is the link- http://the-big-bang-theory.com/episode-tournament/

There is an episode Tournament going on, to determine THE best episode of the series on one of the TBBT fan sites.I believe anyone can vote, even if you are not a member of that forum.Though I am not sure.

I am happy to see so many vintage Sheldon centric episodes made the top 16 out of 200+ odd episodes. It really is a testament to vintage TBBT,  that even after 9 years so many people love the old episodes.

And  I am pleased to see some Shenny episodes winning and becoming a part of top 8 , even though there are some very popular Shamy episodes like Opening Night Excitation and Earworm Reverberation  !

Bath Item
Adhesive Duck
Panty Pinata
Scavenger Vortex

I do think that the Leonard/Penny wedding in s10 is just an excuse to bring more guest stars and divert attention away from the fact that Leonard and Penny are a massively boring couple. I can't recall a single memorable or original moment they shared together. Even in season 3, when they officially started dating, the only moments most people really remember are the Sheldon and Penny ones-like adhesive duck or gorilla experiment or positive reinforcement scenes in Gothowitz Deviation and so on. I personally want Penny to leave Leonard and be single but, I think the wedding will be bland, predictable and boring, just like every Leonard /Penny plot. I don't know why they are together except for the script .
The following 1 user Likes chaotic temptation's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays
Penny and Sheldon have had more memorable and awesome moments out of all the pairings. They didn't have to toss in cheep tricks (Shamy coitus) to make them that way. Even the shenny kiss in S9 was epic. Oh tptb are sooooooo clueless.
Bitches be crazy.