SPOILER WARNING: What fresh hell is this? - S10
It's time to open this thread for gossip on ten.

The latest:

Kaley and Johnny are bowing out but the show will continue.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3957534

Now we know Kaley recently said she was NOT leaving but she does change her mind. If this happens, can they pull it off?
I won't believe this until I hear it from them. Rumors pop up all the time and I don't buy it. That being said. They're basing that the others won't be leaving on statements they've said before... So if we're going by that... Jim could also be leaving by the end of the season. Which means this is the final season.
Bitches be crazy. 
I think this will be most peoples reaction. It's not something I considered but as Lenny are DONE now, they could write the couple out. It would be a very brave move, so I doubt it. But its not impossible. It would lower costs and allow them to carry on.
It's precisely because they robbed the characters of their individuality that things like "write the couple out" can even be said. Penny used to be her own character, with a personal life, and the majority of her scenes equally split between Sheldon and Leonard (far more Sheldon in the first 4 years), allowing her to demonstrate a variety of emotions and comedic styles. Sheldon's character always allowed for the widest range in Penny's mood repertoire...But she has no scenes with him anymore, and has been demoted to Hausfrau Hofstadter.
So indeed, it does seem as though she is now disposable. Well done Warner Brothers. Another notch on your gun-belt.

A reminder of the origins of this show.

[Image: 8362.jpg]

Given that Sheldon is no longer "smart", and once they remove Penny the show will no longer be "sexy", they may have to alter that tagline.
In fact, as Sheldon is essentially unrecognisable now, and if Penny and Leonard scarper, I cannot fathom in what universe this is still "The Big Bang Theory"...

Just call it "Blossom: The Marriage Years" and be done with it.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 9 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jela, Toad, Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, lilyben3, CTR69, Shellsyke, Kimk26, FlyingMonkey
EXACTLY.

This may just be a stupid rumour but I wouldn't rule it out. Lorre only cares about money in the bank and they have all but run the original idea into the ground. If you take emotion out of the equation, removing Kaley and Johnny makes a lot of sense.

That would mean the next section of the show would be all Shamy and Howardette. They could do it, they could defy ratings and the bastards could pull it off. They have already eliminated Shenny scenes, and maintained their high. I wouldn't put anything past this lot. They have a bloated cast, they could do well to trim things. Even if it's not Leonard and Penny they could trim cast.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26
Idk... I think Jim would leave once a child is on set. Also they'd have to pay him more so they wouldn't really be saving ANY money... Like at all.

I'm also in extreme full denial of all of this so lol and if they leave I just want Jim to leave so he isn't left alone with MB....
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
They haven't EXACTLY maintained their high. Ratings have been dropping since mid-way through Season 7 (er...around the time they romanticised Sheldon...). They're good for television, but dire for the show itself, at the moment. The Demo was 5 point something in Season 3. Now it's, what, 3.0?

There's a constant influx from new syndication watchers, which offsets those who leave in disgust, and romcom viewers have replaced the early sci-fi/comedy crowd, so that balances out as well.

I think most people watch out of habit. There's naught but grumblings in the comment sections, but people persist because of emotional attachments...I don't think casual viewers are even aware they've dropped the Sheldon/Penny scenes, they only know the show lacks its early vim and verve. And soul. And originality.

They certainly appreciate when Sheldon and Penny DO have a scene...

[Image: tumblr_nvez5vV56Y1r8tg38o4_250.gif]

The bloody RUCKUS over that!

I think I'm mainly baffled how Lorre allowed the show to become so cloying and conservative...I always felt he had a lot of piss and vinegar about him. I mean that as a high compliment. Wine
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, Kimk26, chaotic temptation
Jim, Kaley and Johnny are buddies in real life. They have stood together every time and let the brass know that its all three of them or none of them during negotiations and Jim has gone to bat for Kaley when the Trolls start being jerks. The only way Lenny leaving the show would work is if Kaley and/or Johnny said THEY were ready to go (of course Kaley is on record At Paleyfest no less, saying she wants to stay), But if the brass try to pull a Castle on Kaley and Johnny it will blow up in their faces horribly. And the audience would be the least of their problems.

I don't see how the rumor about the Baby being born at the end of season 10 can be true since they had Bernadette pregnant (I'm assuming for at least 4 weeks) in the Valentines Day episode. If they want to do a Thanksgiving or Christmas episode (which as this is the last season officially right now why wouldn't they do one of their patented "special moment" episodes Sarcasm  ) It would also be hard to get a Shamy Wedding in if at the end of the season (in May) they are still in early December.... But then again, when has logic been a part of BBT since Molero took over.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Kimk26
(06-10-2016, 10:21 AM)Nutz Wrote: Jim, Kaley and Johnny are buddies in real life. They have stood together every time and let the brass know that its all three of them or none of them during negotiations and Jim has gone to bat for Kaley when the Trolls start being jerks. The only way Lenny leaving the show would work is if Kaley and/or Johnny said THEY were ready to go (of course Kaley is on record At Paleyfest no less, saying she wants to stay), But if the brass try to pull a Castle on Kaley and Johnny it will blow up in their faces horribly. And the audience would be the least of their problems.

I don't see how the rumor about the Baby being born at the end of season 10 can be true since they had Bernadette pregnant (I'm assuming for at least 4 weeks) in the Valentines Day episode. If they want to do a Thanksgiving or Christmas episode (which as this is the last season officially right now why wouldn't they do one of their patented "special moment" episodes Sarcasm  ) It would also be hard to get a Shamy Wedding in if at the end of the season (in May) they are still in early December.... But then again, when has logic been a part of BBT since Molero took over.

I agree and fully support this message.
Bitches be crazy. 
Logic: human gestation is 280 days, so assuming Bernadette got knocked up the first week of February her Estimated Due Date is around 10/24/2016

Molero/BBT logic:
[Image: 25ztkpe.jpg]
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons