SPOILER WARNING: What fresh hell is this? - S10
But since the season won't do any time jumps from when it ended in S9 to the start of S10, I think they can pull it off? And as long as each episode isn't weeks or months in between. It might make sense. But idk.
Bitches be crazy. 
I don't think they can pull it off, not if they want a Shamy Wedding as well. We're only talking a 5 month period before Bernadette gives birth and You know Amy would demand a full Princess style Wedding.

Poor Melissa, 6 months (or more) in a pregnancy suit.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Hello everybody!

The leaving of cast-members of  long-lived and successful series is such a thing.
There were many examples where the happening of it led to typical effects.

As at "That seventies show" Eric (Topher Grace) and Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) left the show they  left a large hole , which  the producers tried to fill  with the figure "Randy" (Josh Meyers). Without success.

They tried to run on "The X-files" with "Reyes" (Annabeth Gish) and "Dogget" (Robert Patrick) Also without success.

The end of "Bonanza" came with the death of actor Dan Blocker who played the character of "Hoss". The last followed season had no resonance.

All this actors/actresses and their characters were simply to much  "synonymous" with the shows at all. Their faces and interpretations/ performances are "melted" alone with the titles. And so the shows had no possibilities to survive.
Okay, there are also exceptions.

The sitcom "Night Court" became new castmembers after other ones leaved and the show moved on very successful.
The same was at "M.A.S.H."
But the reasons where that at "NC" Paula Kelly, Karen Austin and Ellen Foley leaved relative early and at "M.A.S.H." no one really liked Larry Linvilles "Major Burns" and Wayne Rogers "Trapper" was a good character but not really a favourite of the viewers so that the missing of characters was not so heavy and the introducions of the successors had good chances.

This possibilities I can not see at our "The Big Bang Theory". The characters of-especially Miss Cuocos "Penny" and Mister Parsons "Sheldon Cooper" are trademarks and the reasons and the warranties of the success (and glory) of the series.

I think if one-or eventually both- of them would really leave it would be the "Dolchstoß" for the whole show. There would be- from my POV- no  possibilities to make good story-lines or to create new good topics.

At "That seventies show"-beside the denial of the fans regarding the last season- there where possibillities. At the earlier seasons "Jackie" (Mila Kunis) and "Fez" (Wilmer Valderrama) were only funny sidekicks and stereotyped figures. By the eliminated of "Eric" and "Kelso" the authors transfered the focus on the "next- characters" and they became more profile and personalities. But that was only possible because "Jacky" and "Fez" were more or less free.

That is not given by "TBBT". "Bernadette" and "Howard" are a married couple. What for topics could there be created? Nothing interesting, right? Raj?  He once had the potential but I doubt that the authors would make great efforts regarding him.

If Sheldon would go, for what Amy would be further there? It would be clear than that her character was only introduced to be "nailed" at Sheldons side and to deconstruct his personallity. Without the figure of "Sheldon" on the show she would be an "emty cup" with no legitimation.

If Penny would go what would that mean for Leonard? If the writers would hold on his character he would find fast another girl. 

And if Leonard would go,.....well Penny could  rediscover her former dreams and goals and could realize how empty and hollow her life as wify really is. (I speculate, but I think that Penny have more fans than Leonard...........if Amy and/or Leonard would disappear , I personally would have no problems with it). sass

But no matter how it will come.......if Sheldon will go, or the "Lenny" would completely disappear.....in both cases the show would lost the two most appealing characters. And to introduce new characters would make no sence.

I am convinced that Miss Cuoco and Mister Parsons know this and behave accordingly.

Because their leaving would be for "TBBT"

[Image: the-abyss-film-poster.jpg]
The following 9 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, Jela, lilyben3, Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo, WENN9366, Kimk26
(06-11-2016, 11:19 PM)Ratman77 Wrote: All this actors/actresses and their characters were simply to much  "synonymous" with the shows at all. Their faces and interpretations/ performances are "melted" alone with the titles. And so the shows had no possibilities to survive.
Okay, there are also exceptions.

The sitcom "Night Court" became new castmembers after other ones leaved and the show moved on very successful.

Excellent post.  I have to comment on Night Court since it was one of my favs growing up (yeah, I'm not a spring chick anymore, lol).  The reason why people could come and go in NC was because, after Markie Post became a regular in season 3, you had the same main characters; Harry, Christine, and Dan, throughout the rest of the show.  Others could come and go, but they stayed the same.  And most importantly, their dynamic didn't change.  Harry and Christine didn't avow their love for one another, get married, and start popping out kids.  Dan didn't have a change of heart and decide that he'd quit picking on (flirting) with Christine even though he thought she hated him.  We truly didn't know how it would all play out until the last show, and even then we're left to our imaginations.

I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy.  I LOVE (loved) the dynamic between Sheldon and Penny, and that kind of love/hate relationship always gets me hooked.  But, I would rather TPTB left them with absolutely no romantic entanglements at all than to have what we've been served up the last 6 years.   As much as I loved the original TBBT, this show totally SUCKS now, and I wish I'd never watched it in the first place. 

In high school, I was almost a female version of Sheldon.  In college, where no one knew me, I pretended for the first 3 weeks to be "popular", just to see the other side of things, to see if I could.  I thought I could "start over", and it worked for a little while until I just couldn't stand not being myself anymore.   What they've done to Sheldon doesn't happen in the real world and not have consequences.  

Sorry, I don't have anyone to rant about Shenny to...all my family and friends are Shamy fans.   Puke
The following 12 users Like WENN9366's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, SpaceAnJL, Nutz, Toad, Idle Miscreant, Gamma, QueenOfShebaSays, FlyingSolo, lilyben3, devilbk, wellplayedpenny, Kimk26
Hi And welcome Wenn.
I think I still have my "Why Amy is a Horroble Character and Has Destroyed TBBT" PowerPoint presentation that I presented to my family if you need it   Big Grin
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas, Kimk26
(06-12-2016, 05:33 PM)Nutz Wrote: Hi And welcome Wenn.
I think I still have my "Why Amy is a Horroble Character and Has Destroyed TBBT" PowerPoint presentation that I presented to my family if you need it   Big Grin

That shouldn't be hard. BBT was at the pinnacle when they started. A perfect equilibrium of characters. A delicate ecosystem, which Amy ruined like Exxon valdez. She forced Sheldon into liking her, opening a way for Leonard to his Precious trophy wife. Who would have thought that an innocent dating site prank would have such dire and profound consequences?
The following 9 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Jela, lilyben3, devilbk, Toad, Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma, Shellsyke, Kimk26
Kunal is doing a play in London but he will not appear 1-13 August. I'm assuming there is a need for him to be back in the US on these dates. Possibly for the first read of the new season?
(06-21-2016, 01:58 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Kunal is doing a play in London but he will not appear 1-13 August. I'm assuming there is a need for him to be back in the US on these dates. Possibly for the first read of the new season?

Is August around the time they started to film last year? That may be the case. I wonder if Kunal will go back to the theater for a bit, so Raj won't be present? Or am I wrong... Because I don't know.
Bitches be crazy. 
(06-12-2016, 05:33 PM)Nutz Wrote: Hi And welcome Wenn.

Mwahaha!  Too funny.  My sis-in-law was the one who got me hooked because she said I'd love Sheldon.  True that.  Then when I told her I had binge watched the first 3 seasons and LOVED all the Sheldon and Penny flirting, she looked at me like I had three heads and said she had no idea what I was talking about. 
Her fav character is Amy, though.   Makes me worry about her Huh

Thanks for the welcome, I'm mostly a lurker because my life is crammed too full of all my kids' extra-curricular activities for me to have my own life Rolleyes

Save
The following 5 users Like WENN9366's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, FlyingSolo, Idle Miscreant, Kimk26
Amy tortures monkeys for a living, that's all you need to know about her.

[Image: latest?cb=20150129023217]
The following 1 user Likes CTR69's post:
  • WENN9366