SPOILER WARNING: What fresh hell is this? - S10
(08-25-2016, 08:31 PM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: The only thing I'm taking away from these last couple of episodes filmed are that they actually have Jim/Sheldon doing something else aside from talking about Amy/being next to Amy/being told to sit on his phone and not talk etc etc... These scenes might be funny... It really depends on how Jim plays them and how the scenes are done (hell him crying and being upset might actually be sad if they don't make a joke out of it.) I mean yes it's all very blah... But at least we're getting something away from him and Amy. I prefer this over that other crap.

And I realize that it won't last and we'll have 24 more episodes left over for tptb to insert some Shamy crap. I've just kinda liked not seeing it... Reading it. The parts that bother me the most in this episode are the Amy/Penny scenes bc we still have this "keep the boys and girls separated" crap going on and also the whole plot of Amy being more popular... But that also isn't really a stretch bc the folks at Caltech don't like Sheldon and never really have (which that itself is an issue and I've always hated them for it.) but Sheldon doesn't care if they don't like him. Also it's clear that that scene is more of that guy hitting on Amy, it would be different and more offensive if it was a party that Sheldon and Amy went to and people were ignoring him in favor of her... This isn't the case.

(Also it's like the writers know Lenny is stupid and fucked up but they're stuck now so they just keep tossing little hints of how messed up Lenny is but there too afraid to do anything about it... Same with Shamy... They're stuck... They don't have to be... But they're too lazy to do anything.)

I guess after some thought... I'm not that upset about the episode... It's not the best no. But it's also not the worst they can do (last season got pretty damn bad.) but idk. I think I'm just accepting so much and not expecting a lot so I kinda just shrug.

Short of making shenny happen... This show honestly can't shock me with ANYTHING it does anymore...

I get what you're saying. It's nice to see the boys at work and getting their nerd on. I wish they didn't go back To an old scene (Sheldon on coffee) it seems to me that if Sheldon should be concerned about an addiction, maybe it should've been on his drinking alcohol (which they've had him do more and more) Still it's possible that This may give Jim a chance for an Emmy nod for the final season (which TPTB will be desperate for to prove the shows "still got it").

The Penny/Amy plot on one hand makes me laugh. A person invites someone over under false pretenses to get that person to love them. I hope Penny tells him everything Amy likes so he gets it right. But I guess some people wouldn't find the humor of a guy licking personal objects and having a 5 year plan manipulating a woman into loving him. They might even find it inappropriate and dare I say it creepy.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Ratman77
(08-25-2016, 10:06 PM)Nutz Wrote: But I guess some people wouldn't find the humor of a guy licking personal objects and having a 5 year plan manipulating a woman into loving him. They might even find it inappropriate and dare I say it creepy.

Leonard did it in 6 years. The creepy part? "Our babies will be smart and beautiful."

And yet, people still ship Lenny. That sneaky little bastard is destroying the damsel and Sheldon can't help her with his abilities taken away by Amy. Is this really so hard to see? Divide and conquer in a nutshell.

Shenny is invincible, we saw that in the Scavenger. But sadly them being divided, they don't realize their full potential anymore. They've both been completely Stepforded.
The following 4 users Like CTR69's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, devilbk, Toad, Kimk26
Nice little reminder of Work Song in your post there Toad.

[Image: 37a655_a4ac5ba257654b2eaf6bb8562a0563cb.png]

That episode was just rammed with goodies, it also had this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEpi9qAfRaE
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Nutz
(08-26-2016, 01:07 AM)CTR69 Wrote: Leonard did it in 6 years. The creepy part? "Our babies will be smart and beautiful."

And yet, people still ship Lenny. That sneaky little bastard is destroying the damsel and Sheldon can't help her with his abilities taken away by Amy. Is this really so hard to see? Divide and conquer in a nutshell.

Shenny is invincible, we saw that in the Scavenger. But sadly them being divided, they don't realize their full potential anymore. They've both been completely Stepforded.

How many Shenny scenes were there in Season 9 - two?

The dream kiss.
The bathroom scene.

I think that's it? Maybe he took her tea once but it was a short scene. Any others?
Viewing party was about Shenny, the other was:

Which is the one I meant. When they're cooperating and spending time together, it works so much better for both of them.
The following 3 users Like CTR69's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Tuesday Pajamas, chaotic temptation
(08-26-2016, 01:58 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: How many Shenny scenes were there in Season 9 - two?

The dream kiss.
The bathroom scene.

I think that's it? Maybe he took her tea once but it was a short scene. Any others?

Viewing Party had shenny scenes... In the beginning was really cute bc they were annoying Leonard with their unity. But you're right. I think you naked the only ones... And the hug was a shenny moment.  There were a few shenny moments but not scenes (like her complementing Sheldon's bee hat, her telling him that Leonard won't move out...) but not much.
Bitches be crazy. 
A reminder, the end eps were a mix of Shenny and canon couples not working as intended. Sheldon hired Stuart to go shopping with Amy (like a boss Cool ). She then jells and calls him a jerk. Leonard did not trust Penny with money and they argue. AND they all argue at the wedding episode.

Shenny getaway seemed the best solution out of this mess.
The following 2 users Like CTR69's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Tuesday Pajamas
(08-26-2016, 02:13 AM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: Viewing Party had shenny scenes... In the beginning was really cute bc they were annoying Leonard with their unity. But you're right. I think you naked the only ones... And the hug was a shenny moment.  There were a few shenny moments but not scenes (like her complementing Sheldon's bee hat, her telling him that Leonard won't move out...) but not much.

As you said there were a couple of moments, but there were hardly any scenes with Sheldon and Penny alone. For the most part, TPTB made sure that they were never in the same area together or that they had "babysitters" around to make sure any direct interactions were kept to a minimum.

The number in () is the number of lines Penny and Sheldon had to each other in each scene.
Scenes where they are alone are marked with an *

9.1 The Matrimonial Momentum: The scene where Sheldon brings Penny tea and they argue* (28) This was the only scene they had interacting in this episode

9.2 The Separation Oscillation: Opening scene dream kiss (2), the Lenny counselling scene after Sheldon hands penny her bra and they gang up on Leonard (3) They were never alone together in this episode

9.4 The 2003 Approximation: Opening scene coming back from the container store with Leonard, (7) The scene terminating The Roommate Agreement with Leonard (2), The scene where Penny asks Sheldon if he wants to come out to dinner with her and Leonard (4), the scene where they bring back dinner for Sheldon (3), and the scene where they agree to kind of live with Sheldon again. (7) They were never alone together in this episode

9.7 The Spock Resonance: Opening scene (3), The scene where Sheldon is talking about his prize possession, the Nimoy Napkin (2), Scene where Penny asks to see what else he has in his safe and the Engagement Ring (23) They were never alone together in this episode

9.8 The Mystery Date Observation: Opening scene (4) They were never alone together in this episode

9.10 The Earworm Reverberation: Scene after opening credits (5), The scene where Sheldon says he's being driven mad by an earworm (5), The scene where Sheldon says there's a rich History of brilliant minds descending into madness. (4) The scene where Sheldon figures out the song is Darlin' (9) They were never alone together in this episode

9.11 Opening Night Excitation: Scene after opening credits (6), Penny's apartment scene where Sheldon tries to figure out what to give Amy for her birthday (7), The scene where his "gift" is determined (3) They were never alone together in this episode

9.12 The Sales Call Sublimation: Scene after Opening credits (2) They were never alone together in this episode

9.13 The Empathy Optimization: Opening scene* (6), Scene where they tell Sheldon they've rented a party bus and he's not invited (2), The bathroom scene where Sheldon apologizes to Penny* (4), the scene after Raj and Emily's fight (3) They had two very short scenes alone together in this episode

9.14 The Meemaw Materialization: Opening scene (4), Penny's apartment scene (2) Scene back in 4A (4) They were never alone together in this episode

9.17 The Celebration Experimentation: Scene after opening credits (5), Scene talking about what Sheldon wants at his party scene (2), Bathroom scene* (13), The scene where they toast Sheldon's birthday (2) The bathroom scene was the only scene where they were alone together

9.20 The Big Bear Precipitation: Opening scene (6), Scene where they're leaving for Big Bear (2), Drinking game scene (10) They were never alone together in this episode

9.21 The Viewing Party Combustion: Scene after the opening credits (7), Getting ready for the viewing party scene (5), Argument scene (4), Hallway scene (2) Tag (2) They were never alone together in this episode

9.22 The Fermentation Bifurcation: Scene where Lenny is leaving for the wine-tasting (5) They were never alone together in this episode

9.23 The Line Substitution Solution: Opening scene (17), Sheldon apologizes to Amy scene (2) They were alone for about three seconds in the opening scene before Leonard came in.

9.24 The Convergence Convergence: Scene after opening credits (5)

Total Scenes together alone or with at least one other character - 43
Total lines together alone or in a group - 243

Total Shenny interaction scenes with at least one other person involved - 39 (192 lines)
Total Shenny scenes alone - 4 (51 lines)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, CTR69, Toad, Ratman77
(08-26-2016, 05:33 AM)Nutz Wrote: As you said there were a couple of moments, but there were hardly any scenes with Sheldon and Penny alone. For the most part, TPTB made sure that they were never in the same area together or that they had "babysitters" around to make sure any direct interactions were kept to a minimum.

The number in () is the number of lines Penny and Sheldon had to each other in each scene.
Scenes where they are alone are marked with an *

9.1 The Matrimonial Momentum: The scene where Sheldon brings Penny tea and they argue* (28) This was the only scene they had interacting in this episode

9.2 The Separation Oscillation: Opening scene dream kiss (2), the Lenny counselling scene after Sheldon hands penny her bra and they gang up on Leonard (3) They were never alone together in this episode

9.4 The 2003 Approximation: Opening scene coming back from the container store with Leonard, (7) The scene terminating The Roommate Agreement with Leonard (2), The scene where Penny asks Sheldon if he wants to come out to dinner with her and Leonard (4), the scene where they bring back dinner for Sheldon (3), and the scene where they agree to kind of live with Sheldon again. (7) They were never alone together in this episode

9.7 The Spock Resonance: Opening scene (3), The scene where Sheldon is talking about his prize possession, the Nimoy Napkin (2), Scene where Penny asks to see what else he has in his safe and the Engagement Ring (23) They were never alone together in this episode

9.8 The Mystery Date Observation: Opening scene (4) They were never alone together in this episode

9.10 The Earworm Reverberation: Scene after opening credits (5), The scene where Sheldon says he's being driven mad by an earworm (5), The scene where Sheldon says there's a rich History of brilliant minds descending into madness. (4) The scene where Sheldon figures out the song is Darlin' (9) They were never alone together in this episode

9.11 Opening Night Excitation: Scene after opening credits (6), Penny's apartment scene where Sheldon tries to figure out what to give Amy for her birthday (7), The scene where his "gift" is determined (3) They were never alone together in this episode

9.12 The Sales Call Sublimation: Scene after Opening credits (2) They were never alone together in this episode

9.13 The Empathy Optimization: Opening scene* (6), Scene where they tell Sheldon they've rented a party bus and he's not invited (2), The bathroom scene where Sheldon apologizes to Penny* (4), the scene after Raj and Emily's fight (3) They had two very short scenes alone together in this episode

9.14 The Meemaw Materialization: Opening scene (4), Penny's apartment scene (2) Scene back in 4A (4) They were never alone together in this episode

9.17 The Celebration Experimentation: Scene after opening credits (5), Scene talking about what Sheldon wants at his party scene (2), Bathroom scene* (13), The scene where they toast Sheldon's birthday (2) The bathroom scene was the only scene where they were alone together

9.20 The Big Bear Precipitation: Opening scene (6), Scene where they're leaving for Big Bear (2), Drinking game scene (10) They were never alone together in this episode

9.21 The Viewing Party Combustion: Scene after the opening credits (7), Getting ready for the viewing party scene (5), Argument scene (4), Hallway scene (2) Tag (2) They were never alone together in this episode

9.22 The Fermentation Bifurcation: Scene where Lenny is leaving for the wine-tasting (5) They were never alone together in this episode

9.23 The Line Substitution Solution: Opening scene (17), Sheldon apologizes to Amy scene (2) They were alone for about three seconds in the opening scene before Leonard came in.

9.24 The Convergence Convergence: Scene after opening credits (5)

Total Scenes together alone or with at least one other character - 43
Total lines together alone or in a group - 243

Total Shenny interaction scenes with at least one other person involved - 39 (192 lines)
Total Shenny scenes alone - 4 (51 lines)

First of all... Thank you for gathering this. It's telling and sad TBH.... 

Well at least we get an alone shenny scene to start off with in S10... We shall see how low it goes this year! 

(Mind you... Their very small moments were better than all the canon couple moments...)
Bitches be crazy. 
Promo to remind people the show airs Monday.