Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV
First Avenger Cap was okay, but he turned into a humourless dick in Avengers. As did they all, really.

BTW, I am in no way advocating forced registration etc - I think the whole plot line is simply too hysterical and convoluted to make any sense anyway. I'd prefer it all to piss off, and I'll live in happy denial and good fanfic.

(Somewhere, there is a beautiful little fic that posits 'Guardians of the Galaxy' as a tabletop RPG the Avengers are playing. 'Rocket' is Steve trolling the shit out of Clint, Tony and Bucky. I *like* the fic versions where he's a smartarse twenty-something, enthusiastic about the future.)
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Nutz, Jomi25, devilbk
(03-18-2016, 07:25 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: And before that we wouldn't have had some godawful character derailment of vicious one-liners and a lack of anything resembling common decency.  Because Loki did not occur in a bloody vacuum, and he didn't learn his racism and (self) loathing on Midgard.  I'd like to see Hemsworth and Hiddles' idea of them as actual *brothers* not that spiteful garbage (he's adopted - fuck you, you jock asshole, fuck off back to your gold-plated football town.)  The family dynamics and parenting fail are horrendous before we get to the whole 'tortured by a psychopath and possibly mind-controlled' bit.  Three days vacay in New Mexico and a bonus girlfriend versus being dropped through space vacuum into the hands of a monster...one of them tries to start a war with his big mouth, the other one tries to finish it.  Which one ends up being muzzled and dropped into a hole forever?  Seriously,  bollocks.

[Image: giphy.gif]
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jomi25
I have to say I'm Team Cap. I've never read any of the comics, but I liked TFA & TWS very much, and how he was portrayed as the good guy who'll not stand for bullies and oppression.

I'd like it if they decided to disregard what happened in AoU, but I doubt they would. A lot of the choices in that film just made me facepalm. I did like the foreshadowing of Cap vs Iron Man, though.

So far, the only Marvel comics series I've completed reading and really enjoyed is The Runaways.
[Image: Runaways_TPB_Vol_1_1_Variant.jpg]
(03-19-2016, 05:02 AM)devilbk Wrote: DC did its own super-hero registration story during the 80s. It was called The End of the Justice Society, was set during the 1950s and echoed the Communist witch hunts of that era. It's worth reading even if I give away the ending which everyone knew going in anyway. The Justice Society, seated in front of a Senate Committee, just vanished and were not heard from again.

Until the 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and in their upcoming new series. But that's another issue entirely. Though as a fan of classic characters I bought, read and collected every one of those series. BEWARE UPCOMING SELF-PROMOTION. And I got to edit several volumes of the archive collections of their original 30s and 40s adventures.

Self-promote away!

Do you have any photos or images of stuff from your time as a comic book editor because I'd like to see em.

Were those comics like this? or is this too modern?

[Image: earth-2-justice-society-2.jpg]
Too modern. Most of the books I worked on are still in print.
Try All Star Comics Archives.
More like this?
[Image: AllStar37-23.jpg]
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Yup.
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz
[Image: ChK7a1HW4AAskpW.png]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz
O.k. Everyone, (well everyone who watched it) Batman v Superman?

Must see movie

Good enough to waste a couple hours with candy and Popcorn

Wait until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray

Wait until it comes out on cable

Don't waste your time with this disaster