Shenny HQ
Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - Printable Version

+- Shenny HQ (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir)
+-- Forum: Everything else (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Submarine Controversy (https://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - Nutz - 03-17-2016

I just realized we had no dedicated thread for Marvel and DC comics, movies and TV shows and what we think of them. Some nerds we are Tongue So if you want to talk about upcoming movies like Avengers, Suicide Squad and Captain America, or what's happened in the latest episode of Daredevil, The Flash, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, etc., or just want to give a shout out about the latest Comic you've been reading, Here's the place to do it. 

The Killing Joke is going to be made into an animated movie! 

It's long overdue that this classic get some love. I'm so excited that Kevin Conroy is coming back as the voice of Batman, and more importantly, that our favorite Jedi Mark Hamill will be reprising the role of the joker. I completely fell in love with his portrayal of that madman. I'd be his Harley anytime. sass

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/mark-hamill-to-reprise-role-of-joker-in-batman-the/402376

[Image: latest?cb=20100928165524]

RE: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - Nutz - 03-18-2016

I love these teaser pics for Civil War II (a mini series comic book cross over). Deadpool is dead on. I can't wait to get it. Please be good, please be good.

[Image: Deadpool-Civil-War-II.jpg]

[Image: CWIIteaser_SpiderMan2.jpg]

[Image: Civil-War-II-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy.jpg]

RE: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - Nutz - 03-18-2016

And just to keep the Civil War theme going Here's the Captain America: Civil War Trailers

So are you Team Cap, or Team Ironman? Inquiring minds what to know  Big Grin

RE: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - Tuesday Pajamas - 03-18-2016

My first crush was Spider-Man from the original comics. He was so beautiful the way they drew him leaping through the air like an acrobat or ballet dancer with an alien face. My dad had all the comics from the 60s, 70s and 80s. There are definitely artists I preferred over others and I think about owning my own collection one day. I have mixed feelings about the movies. I enjoy them but it's not the same as the illustrations. The comics themselves are such works of art.

RE: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - QueenOfShebaSays - 03-18-2016

I AM TEAM:

[attachment=509]

RE: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - Idle Miscreant - 03-18-2016

[Image: 6b618f881fbd4ee7101f8922b33d0147.jpg]

I have to. He's the only one who offered Loki a drink...

(Also I like the whole wounded sarky bastard thing. And Natasha. And Clint's a berk)

RE: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - SpaceAnJL - 03-18-2016

Since I am British, I can say that I don't like Captain America without being accused of being unpatriotic or something. I think he's a self-righteous, dangerous asshole, even more so than Tony. (Because I will always like the smartest bastard in the room, it's a failing I have.)

I like fanon Clint, the one that combines Fraction's Hawkeye with him lurking in the Tower vents like his own personal Habitrail. The whole Surprise!family bullshit pisses me off, though not quite as much as Natasha's wholesale character derailment. *waves little Clintasha flag* Fuck you, Whedon.

I just...in a saner world, Age of Ultron would have gone - "Pepper, I have a cool idea!" "No, Tony." "But..." "NO, Tony." "Aww. Okay. Guess I go back to working on medical prosthetics with Bruce, then." And we wouldn't have had another of Joss' broken bird waif-fu genius deus ex machine. Who I want to punch in her pouty little lemur-eyed bimbo face.

And we'd still have JARVIS.

And before that we wouldn't have had some godawful character derailment of vicious one-liners and a lack of anything resembling common decency. Because Loki did not occur in a bloody vacuum, and he didn't learn his racism and (self) loathing on Midgard. I'd like to see Hemsworth and Hiddles' idea of them as actual *brothers* not that spiteful garbage (he's adopted - fuck you, you jock asshole, fuck off back to your gold-plated football town.) The family dynamics and parenting fail are horrendous before we get to the whole 'tortured by a psychopath and possibly mind-controlled' bit. Three days vacay in New Mexico and a bonus girlfriend versus being dropped through space vacuum into the hands of a monster...one of them tries to start a war with his big mouth, the other one tries to finish it. Which one ends up being muzzled and dropped into a hole forever? Seriously, bollocks.

This is just the beginning of my Marvel issues. Let's not even touch DC.

RE: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - Nutz - 03-19-2016

I think Captain America is a product of his times, which was God, Mom, and America of the early 1940's. So I can forgive a lot of his sins because of this. (maybe that's just because I'm American) I also have a big problem with any registration act. (mutant, Jewish, Japanese) It always seems so logical and righteous by the people presenting it ...at first, then it becomes internment camps and death chambers. So I guess I'm team Cap, But going against Tony Stark is really going to hurt since I have a weakness for arrogant, super smart, geeky men.

(03-18-2016, 07:25 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: I like fanon Clint, the one that combines Fraction's Hawkeye with him lurking in the Tower vents like his own personal Habitrail. The whole Surprise!family bullshit pisses me off, though not quite as much as Natasha's wholesale character derailment.  *waves little Clintasha flag*  Fuck you, Whedon.

Amen Space! I was so excited with Hawkeyes lurking in the rafters introduction in the movie and then Ultron came out and Confused   Puke

RE: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - QueenOfShebaSays - 03-19-2016

(03-18-2016, 07:25 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: I like fanon Clint, the one that combines Fraction's Hawkeye with him lurking in the Tower vents like his own personal Habitrail.  The whole Surprise!family bullshit pisses me off, though not quite as much as Natasha's wholesale character derailment.  *waves little Clintasha flag*  Fuck you, Whedon.

THISSSSSSSSSS

i'm wondering if in the new movie they'll just say screw it and pretend the last thing didn't happen lol

and I've never been a huge Tony fan... and i really like Cap. but I have also never read the comic, I'm just rooting for movie verse so idk what goes on in the comics, and it has nothing to do with being patriotic yadda yadda... don't care about that. I just really like Cap... and i'm worried about the movie bc I am aware of what might happen... and it makes me sad...

RE: Marvel/DC/etc - Comics, Movies & TV - devilbk - 03-19-2016

DC did its own super-hero registration story during the 80s. It was called The End of the Justice Society, was set during the 1950s and echoed the Communist witch hunts of that era. It's worth reading even if I give away the ending which everyone knew going in anyway. The Justice Society, seated in front of a Senate Committee, just vanished and were not heard from again.

Until the 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and in their upcoming new series. But that's another issue entirely. Though as a fan of classic characters I bought, read and collected every one of those series. BEWARE UPCOMING SELF-PROMOTION. And I got to edit several volumes of the archive collections of their original 30s and 40s adventures.