Sex and Sheldon
(03-06-2016, 04:07 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: They couldn't risk it. Jim has chemistry with everyone, so this has to be unprecedented for him.

The thing that really stands out in the train kiss is the way Sheldon moved his body. It was so well done but Amy was too stiff in the recieving. Maybe he takes up all the 'room' in the kiss, if you know what I mean. He is tall and imposing. Kaley had the same thing at the start of the dream kiss but then she made room for herself because she knows how.

But at the same time they showed us Amy dating. Very likely no one cared of course. Even her date wanted to be with Sheldon and not with her Smile I liked the pretty blonde girl they introduced to Sheldon for exactly a second. In just a minute, she was already more interesting than AMyFF in 6 seasons.
The following 3 users Like HomoNovus's post:
  • Toad, Ratman77, Kimk26
She also seemed genuinely warm, and interested in Sheldon. Like Martha back in the day.
That fucker needs someone with HEART, to complement his mind. Or what's left of it.
Not someone self-pitying and needy who keeps trying to slot him into her conventional "boyfriend schematic"...
It would also help if she wasn't ashamed of him.
These are, interestingly, the same reasons I find Leonard problematic...

If I felt Amy genuinely liked Sheldon for who he was (even THIS Sheldon, forget Vintage proper Sheldon), rather than trying to change him into "boyfriend Sheldon", that she's crafting alongside of new "popular Amy", and trying constantly to reconstruct her high school years, and using Sheldon as a tool in this, I'd probably feel more fond of her.
I mean, as we keep saying, why WOULDN'T we want to like whoever is being made to share most of Sheldon's screentime? It'd help a great deal if we did! So it's from no lack of will on our part...

Likewise if Leonard stopped doing things like taking polaroids of Penny and showing topless film footage to prove to strangers that he has a "hot girlfriend", I'd also be vaguely more accepting of the fact that a previously wildly independent and proud character has married someone who cheats on her and belittles her passions.

I used to like Leonard (I still vaguely do), and I MIGHT have liked Amy, but I haven't seen anything in the past few seasons to reassure me that Leonard and Amy don't just see Penny and Sheldon as possessions and extensions of their own private mythology.

(Welcome Homo Novus by the way! Wine  You can introduce yourself in "The Sanctum of Burning Souls" if you wish ~ http://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/showthread.php?tid=16&page=13   )
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, Ratman77, devilbk, Kimk26
Yes, it is really an interresting topic.
Especially the possibillity of "sex between Penny and Sheldon". In one of my former posts I had written that I am in a little discusion-war on a german forum.

One of my "enemies" has argued that , if Penny would really have a romantical interrest in Sheldon, she had already tried to seduce him.

Hmmm, I cannot really agree with that. Remember at the episode where Sheldons femal groupie Ramona Nowitzki had appeared.
Penny had asked his friends what Sheldon "likes"and they answered that there is nothing.
Her face-expression was really "shocked" Shock when she hears that Sheldon have a girlfriend. But what happenend between him and Amy. Nothing. Also his answer that "it is not impossible" regarding Pennys question if there ever would be a physical relationship between him and Amy, was more or less hypothetically and guaranteed nothing.

So-from my POV- I think that Penny had no reason to start a try to came closer to Sheldon in on intimate way,..... because she was convinced that there could never be anything.

But now- no matter how ridiculous,dispassionately and painful the "Shamy"-coitus was Confused Rolleyes Sad - they, including Penny, know that he is able to do "it".

(Keywords: "Amy", "Shamy", "catalyst", for "Shenny")

It may sound strange , but-from my POV- the opportunity for " Shenny " could better now than before.

Yes, yes I know. But I am like Penny and Sheldon......a dreamer.
And hi, "Homo Novus". It is alway fine to see that the "Shenny"-family gets a new member.
The following 2 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Kimk26
(03-06-2016, 11:41 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: Yes, it is really an interresting topic.
Especially the possibillity of "sex between Penny and Sheldon". In one of my former posts I had written that I am in a little discusion-war on a german forum.

One of my "enemies" has argued that , if Penny would really have a romantical interrest in Sheldon, she had already tried to seduce him.

Hmmm, I cannot really agree with that. Remember at the episode where Sheldons femal groupie Ramona Nowitzki had appeared.
Penny had asked his friends what Sheldon "likes"and they answered that there is nothing.
Her face-expression was really "shocked" Shock when she hears that Sheldon have a girlfriend. But what happenend between him and Amy. Nothing. Also his answer that "it is not impossible" regarding Pennys question if there ever would be a physical relationship between him and Amy, was more or less hypothetically and guaranteed nothing.

So-from my POV- I think that Penny had no reason to start a try to came closer to Sheldon in on intimate way,..... because she was convinced that there could never be anything.

But now- no matter how ridiculous,dispassionately and painful the "Shamy"-coitus was Confused Rolleyes Sad - they, including Penny, know that he is able to do "it".

(Keywords: "Amy", "Shamy", "catalyst", for "Shenny")

It may sound strange , but-from my POV- the opportunity for " Shenny " could better now than before.

Yes, yes I know. But I am like Penny and Sheldon......a dreamer.
And hi, "Homo Novus". It is alway fine to see that the "Shenny"-family gets a new member.

That's actually a really good point! Because regardless of whatever they've done with Sheldon (made him dumb) he is more aware of sex and yes I think Penny and Sheldon would have a better shot now then before! Even Jim said that he'd like Sheldon to have a one night stand with Penny... So yeah I think that now could very much be a possibility. 

Also he's expressed a few times a desire to date Penny. He'd be open to it. And he'd be a better man then Leonard.
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 4 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • devilbk, Nutz, Ratman77, Kimk26
I think that I've finally found a group of people who share my feelings about this show. You're right about Leonard valuing Penny because of her hotness. That' s all he ever says when he's questioned about. WHat do you like in her? That she is hot. And except for her hotness he would like her to be basically everything she isn't. These are some of the reasons why I can't believe in their marriage. But sadly P and L's marriage diminish all the possibilites of her having something with Sheldon. Because she's his best friend's wife now and Sheldon would never do that to Leonard. I feel for Penny as much as I feel for Sheldon. She looks just so annoyed in her stepmom clothes, like life was sucked out of her.
The following 7 users Like HomoNovus's post:
  • Toad, QueenOfShebaSays, Tuesday Pajamas, devilbk, Nutz, Ratman77, Kimk26
(03-06-2016, 07:45 PM)HomoNovus Wrote: I think that I've finally found a group of people who share my feelings about this show. You're right about Leonard valuing Penny because of her hotness. That' s all he ever says when he's questioned about. WHat do you like in her? That she is hot. And except for her hotness he would like her to be basically everything she isn't. These are some of the reasons why I can't believe in their marriage. But sadly P and L's marriage diminish all the possibilites of her having something with Sheldon. Because she's his best friend's wife now and Sheldon would never do that to Leonard. I feel for Penny as much as I feel for Sheldon. She looks just so annoyed in her stepmom clothes, like life was sucked out of her.

The writers are either completely unaware of these dynamics or they just don't care because they still have so many bums on seats, they don't have too. They know they can sell the show on Kaley and Jim alone, regardless of who they've pair them with. They probably think they have more BANG for their buck creating two couples, rather than one. I've seen people state that Kaley could be replaced with any pretty blonde but they are crazy to think this. There's something special about Kaley, millions of guys still tune in every week because of her. She really is the sweet girl next door. She walks the walk and talks the talk and they would be hard pressed to find anyone with that innocence and comic ability. And we all know they couldn't replace Jim.

So going back on topic, it seems it doesn't matter to anyone that Leonard only likes Penny for her hotness. It's become part of the shows ethos. They have sealed her in this marriage and I agree that this removes any chance of Shenny.

Therefore, I think we can only expect further changes to Sheldon over the final seasons. They are dragging out his transformation. Taking it slowly so that people forget how absurd it is. The opposite of passion, the very definition of obligation. The Shamys are (quite understandably) unhappy about Sheldon not falling passionately into Amy's arms after the long awaitied coitus. Because the sex was supposed to be the cure. If I were a Shamy, I would feel a little cheated. Amy is on the back foot once more. I predict the writers will see the Shamys unhappiness and give them what they want as they seem to always do (after making them squirm a bit). They will make Sheldon sexual...somehow.

Idle made a great point which said Sheldon should have BEGUN his relationship with complete passion. Making his virginity and sexuality into some kind of bargaining tool goes against the nature of the character. Sheldon is all passion and that was built into his character from day one. Now, if they introduce passion it will be a bit out of the blue.
The following 9 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Toad, devilbk, Gamma, Nutz, Idle Miscreant, Ratman77, HomoNovus, Kimk26
Vintage Sheldon considered romantic relationships to be a human weakness that he had conquered.  Coitus was both unsanitary and unnecessary except for procreation. And even then he considered a test tube baby preferable to the messiness and inconvenience of coitus. The writers sacrificed this originality at the altar of Amy Farrah Fowler. They call it "growth". I call it the willful destruction of a masterpiece. He was a unique character that was turned into a common sitcom boob.
The following 10 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Gamma, Nutz, Toad, devilbk, Ratman77, HomoNovus, FlyingSolo, Kimk26
Hello people!

Sometimes I have the suspect that the writers of the show have no really feeling for their figures. They try to force the "Shamy" and the "Lenny"  in every season over episodes. With violence. To  the limits of pain. And then they make something like the "bathroom"-scene and destroy their own efforts with one BANG. Do they really not know that one scene of "Shenny" have more trust, intimicay and power than all "Shamy" and "Lenny"- scenes of six seasons together? One scene like this makes all these junk forgotten,.....and let the hope flare up once again for the "Shenny".

Where there my hope is,....
..........since my "ST" and "X-F"-days I have the impression that a (good) producer ultimately want that all fan-fractions of his show are satisfied. At the end of "TNG" Worf an Troi became a couple. Years later this was relativized and at the motion-picture "Nemesis" married Troi and Riker. At "DSN" Dax and Dr. Bashir became a couple after she was married with Worf, and Chris Carter have its "X-Files" also could end without make Mulder and Scully to a couple. (I know that there were very many fans wo wanted this two only as good close friends) Also the thing with Jackie and Fez at "TSS".

That were all topics were many viewers had the opinion that there had not been told to end.
And at all this shows there were points where the viewers were thought "Thats it". "Its over." "There is no way back."

But at last..... there are series. There are no rules or manifest laws. Nothing must happen and nothing must not happen.

Also at "TBBT".

At the moment everything apears clearly. But we do not know if the marriage of the "Lenny" could be hold on. We all know that leonard an unsteady character is. Could it not be that he will again become unfaithful?

Could it not be that at the "Shamy" it comes again to a break because Amy will so annoy him to much with her claims and with her requirement for more sex?

Could it not be that this passion of Sheldon (how "Idle Miscreant" had said right) could break out for the right person?

(How often it happens in real life that two people who knowing each other over years, are best friends and have their own private relationships realize that they are really the right ones for each other?)

Mister Molaro had said that he do not know if S10 will be really the last one. So curious it sounds but I hope that it will be not the last one. How longer it runs they will be forced to consider new plot-lines (at the moment there are only big black holes) and....I think that the "Shenny"-plot-line is not told to an end. The "Jackie/Fez"-fraction was never the majority, but they always remained present so that the producers are not able to allow to ignore them. That was the weapon.

And well, I hope that the producers of "TBBT" are just as honorable as those of the shows above.
By the way:

"Shenny"-Shippers.

Comrades.

Friends.

Whats happen to you? In your posts I read (more or less clearly) the thought that it's all over. That there is really no hope. Come on. That are not really your opinions. I admit it , I'm also often close to it, but I can not. Not only because "pride" but because the "Shenny" is -as possibillity of "couple"-simply the right thing. So I cannot lay down the hope.

I can only speak for myself but...if that is really the ruling tenor now ,what is then the sense of our fraction anymore? Only to sit at the PC  and to explain how good the past was,-without a perspective? Yes, we all are nostalgigs, but is the hope that the good things could come back not also the essence of nostalgia?

If that is really now the ruling tenor, then we can underline the flag, sign the capitulation certificate, quit our membership of this wonderfull (NO SARCASM) side and go our ways.

Do we really want that?

Me not.

Me for my person, will not surrender against (sorry: the first time that I'm insulting):

-a bunch of gender-comrades who identify themselfes with a superficial "want to be"-macho who mistreated his girlfriend/wife and thinks that after that is enough to make a winy face

and

-a bunch of female viewers who identify themselfes with a spinster manipulative wallflower who sees her self-worth only in the way to change her partner radically.

And I think you too do not want it.

When they already must change Penny and Sheldon- the two best charactere the show- in this way , let us continue to hope that they give the chance that they come together at the end. They deserved it. And we too.

I have often been "insulted" to be a romanticist but that is something I can live with.

Please do not be angy with me.

Your pal and brother in arms from Germany.

P.S.: After a long time: NO, THEY ARE NOT LIKE SIBLINGS!!!
The following 3 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, Kimk26
Hey Ratman77:

Yeah I mean part of me feels like shenny could still happen, especially if they go past 10 seasons. But I'm also not holding out to much help. Aside from having Leonard cheat... Idk how they'll break everyone up. They seem hell bent on keeping these boring ships. By only hope is more shenny scenes in the future.
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 2 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • HomoNovus, Kimk26
I don't know what to hope. The characters are seriously basically destroyed at this point. I don't know what possibly could remain for an 11th season.