A passionate and impulsive woman.
(03-11-2014, 10:03 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: I liked and disliked her. Awesome strong woman on one hand but comes across as a bully ala Kripke on the other.

Probably because awesome strong women terrify the writers, and therefore they must be nasty, castrating bitches. The writing for the male characters is bad, but the writing for and of the female characters goes to another level of appalling.
The following 5 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, lewstonewar, muaaimoi, Nutz
(03-11-2014, 10:09 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Probably because awesome strong women terrify the writers, and therefore they must be nasty, castrating bitches. The writing for the male characters is bad, but the writing for and of the female characters goes to another level of appalling.

I wonder if thats why Sara Gilbert hasn't come back to the show. Good for her, she doesnt seem like the type to put up with this bullshit woman bashing.
The following 3 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, lewstonewar, muaaimoi
The official word is her priority is the Talk, or is it the Soup, the voice? Aw crap, whatever her daytime talk show is and that she doesn't have time to do a couple of episodes a season for BBT.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi
The unofficial word is she just didn't want anything to do with BBT anymore. They had a clip on Facebook that MB on the Talk today. I thought with SG there might be some interesting feminist vs. BBT questions, but no, just the usual soft serve Bullcrap.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, muaaimoi
I actually really liked Leslie. And I -liked- that she bullied Sheldon. Way back when-when I still had hope for the show, I had this great head-cannon that Sheldon had done something super insensitive when they met, so she liked to make him pay for it, since we all know Sheldon sucked at apologizing. Or even admitting he was in the wrong. Theoretically they knew each other for years, which left a sea of potential, and I loved the way she owned him verbally. If I hadn't fallen for the Shenny ship I could have totally gone that waySmile
The following 4 users Like muaaimoi's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant, Wisp
Oh, this. Yes. Like Gablehauser's first experience of Sheldon led him to fire the guy. It isn't until you actually know him that you realise that he isn't being insulting to be insulting, he's just utterly socially inept. (And seems to have picked up some appalling racist/sexist behaviours in his family home.) I think if someone explained to Sheldon where he was being insulting, he'd be bemused, but probably wouldn't do it again. Unless it was about intelligence. He's rude to Leslie, not because she's a woman, but because of the loop gravity vs string theory dichotomy, but the way he did it probably earned undying enmity to begin with. Then she just thought it was fun to screw with him.

I also think that Leslie is both very sensitive to those sorts of remark, and inclined to react hard, because of her awareness that she is far more visible as a woman physicist. She's very tough because she's needed to be, and she's also got to where she is because she's tough and doesn't take crap.

Just imagine what she would have done to Leonard if he'd sabotaged one of her experiments. I just keep remembering the flash-frozen banana and that hammer...
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • muaaimoi, Jislane35, ricardo shillyshally
Totally. Although she's really sly, pretty sure she would have calmed down long enough to make it look like an accident...Not that she would have picked a particularly quick or pleasant way to go. Her access to chemicals alone...I mean they work in a lab.
The following 1 user Likes muaaimoi's post:
  • Jislane35
Watching old episodes. Here's a favourite Leslie clip, her catch phrase was 'come for the breasts, stay for the brains'. I wonder if Leonard crossed his legs, while watching the banana being shattered!

I wish to cast aspersions on the idea of Sara Gilbert leaving TBBT because the material was beneath her. Did anyone watch the Bad Teacher TV series? I rest my case.
If Leslie and Sheldon had hooked up, that means she would have hooked up with three out of the four guys, and I imagine some people would find that rather strange and off-putting. (both the audience, and within the universe of the show itself.)

It wouldn't bother me; what I find squicky and off-putting is the current canon pairings, and I'd prefer pretty much any pairings you could name. But if all three encounters ended badly, that wouldn't reflect well on Leslie *or* the guys. But perhaps she wouldn't be able to dazzle Sheldon like she did with Leonard and Howard...

She's not supposed to be a lovable character, clearly. I'd say she's a good example of a "frenemy." She doesn't give a crap what other people think of her; that much is clear, and it's very refreshing, but she's kind of enigmatic because she's neither wholly likeable nor wholly unlikeable.

I would've infinitely preferred to see more of her and Ramona instead of A and B, even though she was kind of shitty towards Howard.