A passionate and impulsive woman.
(02-12-2014, 02:30 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: The showrunners wanted 'Leslie' to pursue a reluctant and bemused Sheldon in an uncomfortable over-sexed manner. She told them to get bent, and walked, because she wanted more from her character than stereotyped glasses-wearing science girl desperate for a man who doesn't want her.

Yeah, that went well...

I never heard this. I did hear Jim wanted Leslie and Sheldon to be together.
I saw that episode, 'The Zazzy substitution', yesterday. Sheldon and Amy part ways, only to be reunited by Leonard's intervention, and Mary's reverse psychology! As if Sheldon would fall for that old one! Anyway I was thinking, is one Amy equivalent to a clouder of cats? [Image: bazinga-cats-jim-parssons-sheldon-sheldo...-41452.jpg]
The difference is, I actually like cats.

One Amy is more than enough. A collective of them would probably be a colony. Like lepers, or fungus, or vultures...
The following 4 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Toad, Trust No One
(02-17-2014, 02:03 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: The difference is, I actually like cats.

One Amy is more than enough. A collective of them would probably be a colony. Like lepers, or fungus, or vultures...

Can't we just start referring to Amy as a succubus?
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
[Image: f137f97a1733452f6793284a304284fd.jpg]
The following 4 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, muaaimoi
O good lord, if they HAD to stick Sheldon with someone (other than Penny, obviously...or Wil Wheaton), I'd ship the HELL out of Winkle/Sheldon...
She's feisty, passionate, equally intelligent, equally driven, savvy, and independent. She wouldn't get in his way except for sex, which I presume he wouldn't have much of a choice over, and then they could both get the fuck back to work on uncovering the mysteries of the universe.
She wouldn't sing Soft Kitty to the poor sod though....I suppose he could still go to Penny for that. Or Leonard. I still find the fact that Leonard regularly applies vapour-rub to Sheldon when he's ill, a combination of very touching, and mildly disturbing.

Why the devil didn't Parsons PRESS the issue...I know he kept asking for Sheldon and Winkle. "If the hate burns bright, why can't the love?" quoth he. Incidentally, that's a fairly damn accurate description of Shenny. Parsons, you had the right idea sir!
He needs combat, not nannying!

[Image: 4626i.jpg]
[Image: 1130leslie_winkle.jpg]
[Image: Leslie_Winkle_PMS.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m080naxGBs1r7it3x.gif]

(I also have a massive crush on Sara Gilbert....*cough*)
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad, queenoftheDales, muaaimoi
Yes! And unfortunately there's precious little Shinkle fanfic out there. *cough cough*
OH PLEASE...
The following 3 users Like Toad's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, muaaimoi
Gripe, I think the issue was that Sara Gilbert didn't think much of the material they gave her to work with. Essentially, what we've got now is a slightly repurposed version, because you know how Chuck Lorre hates to let go of an idea. Leslie didn't quite fit with the show pattern, because she fitted a life on her terms around her work, she'd never put her career on the backburner for a man, which is otherwise the message conveyed in script - however much you might achieve professionally, it doesn't mean squat compared to sex. The show epically failed to cope with one lone intellectual pursuing a cerebral goal, they'd have wrecked her in short order.
The following 4 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, Trust No One
(02-18-2014, 03:20 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Gripe, I think the issue was that Sara Gilbert didn't think much of the material they gave her to work with. Essentially, what we've got now is a slightly repurposed version, because you know how Chuck Lorre hates to let go of an idea. Leslie didn't quite fit with the show pattern, because she fitted a life on her terms around her work, she'd never put her career on the backburner for a man, which is otherwise the message conveyed in script - however much you might achieve professionally, it doesn't mean squat compared to sex. The show epically failed to cope with one lone intellectual pursuing a cerebral goal, they'd have wrecked her in short order.

TPTB really wasted the Leslie character. I can understand if Sara was upset with the material. Look how TPTB wasted the Alex character. She was just used as someone else to fall for James Bond, I mean Leonard.
The following 3 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk, muaaimoi
(02-14-2014, 09:16 AM)ses1515 Wrote: I never heard this. I did hear Jim wanted Leslie and Sheldon to be together.

I liked and disliked her. Awesome strong woman on one hand but comes across as a bully ala Kripke on the other.
The following 2 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi