Other Comedy Shows
"Spaced" is fabulous.

Another one I would recommend is "Green Wing". All the episodes are on youtube. Dr. Alan Statham is such a strange, nervous character wonderfully acted.

*twitch* Only TWO TINY SERIES of Spaced?!? TWO?!!!!? I was just getting into it and all...
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
(04-22-2014, 02:34 AM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: *twitch* Only TWO TINY SERIES of Spaced?!? TWO?!!!!? I was just getting into it and all...

Sorry Doc...Tongue

Some of those short runs are so great though. There's a few good'uns that only got ONE season. We could start a thread of one season wonders. Big Grin
(04-22-2014, 03:58 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Sorry Doc...Tongue

Some of those short runs are so great though. There's a few good'uns that only got ONE season. We could start a thread of one season wonders. Big Grin

*sob* But Spaced could've lasted another 2 series! Typical that a show that could have lasted stops prematurely, and hundreds of weaker shows WILL NOT DIE. Speaking of One-Season Wonders, The Morgana Show. I loved that.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

(04-22-2014, 07:05 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: *sob* But Spaced could've lasted another 2 series! Typical that a show that could have lasted stops prematurely, and hundreds of weaker shows WILL NOT DIE. Speaking of One-Season Wonders, The Morgana Show. I loved that.

Never heard of that one, will have to check it out.
My quote of the week from Community which sums up the forced pair ups on BB. The amazing Abed who lives in his own reality but somehow understands all.

Annie is upset because Geoff and Britta say they are getting married.

Annie: "First Pearce dies and Troy leaves and people are…"

Abed : "….get married? Annie, look I don't know people. But I know TV. When characters feel the show they're on is ending their instinct is to spin off into something safer. In Geoff and Britta's case it's something that would last six episodes and have a lot of bickering about tweezers and gluten, starring them and an equally waspy brunette couple with a title like. 'Better with my worse half' or 'Awfully wedded' or 'Tying the knot' but knot is spelt without a K…"

He continues but you get the gist. Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk, Wisp
(04-24-2014, 01:17 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: My quote of the week from Community which sums up the forced pair ups on BB. The amazing Abed who lives in his own reality but somehow understands all.

Abed : "….get married? Annie, look I don't know people. But I know TV. When characters feel the show they're on is ending their instinct is to spin off into something safer. In Geoff and Britta's case it's something that would last six episodes and have a lot of bickering about tweezers and gluten, starring them and an equally waspy brunette couple with a title like. 'Better with my worse half' or 'Awfully wedded' or 'Tying the knot' but knot is spelt without a K…"

It's a great Abed speech. I love when he breaks the fourth wall and acts as though they all know it's a TV show. I would love to see Abed meet Sheldon, but I suspect Abed would understand that it's a crossover and Sheldon wouldn't.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Wisp
(04-24-2014, 01:17 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: My quote of the week from Community which sums up the forced pair ups on BB. The amazing Abed who lives in his own reality but somehow understands all.

Oh Abed, you wise shaman you.

[Image: tumblr_m2scrylEON1qjhttjo1_500.gif]

The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
(04-24-2014, 02:07 AM)devilbk Wrote: It's a great Abed speech. I love when he breaks the fourth wall and acts as though they all know it's a TV show. I would love to see Abed meet Sheldon, but I suspect Abed would understand that it's a crossover and Sheldon wouldn't.

Abed would get it right away and he would be able to convince Sheldon they were on a sitcom. This is a crossover episode I'd pay through my teeth to see. But do we take Abed to the Big Bang set or Sheldon to Greendale?
(04-24-2014, 06:54 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Abed would get it right away and he would be able to convince Sheldon they were on a sitcom. This is a crossover episode I'd pay through my teeth to see. But do we take Abed to the Big Bang set or Sheldon to Greendale?

Well, despite my fear that tha a disappointingly schizophrenic show crossing over with a fabulous nugget of beauty would end in bleeding and pain, I'd say Sheldon could enter the Community universe. He might become a character again, surrounded by flawed people that accept other flaws. He'd probably do their head in, but at least they'd be able to tell him why in an intelligent way, instead of dismissing him as a weirdo, which he really isn't.

But then again maybe the Community writers would rather make sly ribs at TBBT the whole duration of him being there... Not that I'd mind.