Other Comedy Shows
In response to Pajamas' frankly terrifying little video in Rampant Idiocy. Although technically the ensuing conversation was about Black Mirror...but I digress.
Charlie Brooker. Anything by him. I've chosen this one at complete random just to demonstrate that EVERYTHING HE SAYS AND DOES IS ALWAYS MARVELOUS.
This one is from his How TV Ruined Your Life series...

"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, ricardo shillyshally, Wisp, FlyingMonkey, Toad
He's not wrong. Celebrity culture these days is soulless and lame.
Yes Charlie Brooker is almost too truthful, with a large dash of cynicism. But are we attracted to him because we are cynical, or does he make us become? I thought in his last series, he'd lost a little edge. I blame konnie Huq!
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Wisp
LOVE Charlie Brooker. His mind seems to be a version of mine (And indeed most of ours) amplified 1000 times...

Ya boy Mims...

And now, the obligatory Community mention. I sort of LOVE the G.I Jeff episode. Fabulous. Ahh, Community. If you somehow manifested yourself into human form I would hug you. And maybe do other things.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
(04-06-2014, 10:18 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: In response to Pajamas' frankly terrifying little video in Rampant Idiocy. Although technically the ensuing conversation was about Black Mirror...but I digress.
Charlie Brooker. Anything by him. I've chosen this one at complete random just to demonstrate that EVERYTHING HE SAYS AND DOES IS ALWAYS MARVELOUS.
This one is from his How TV Ruined Your Life series...

That was fantastic! I'll have to look up the other episodes.
They're showing Ripping Yarns on BBC4. It's one of those shows, 'classic comedy nerds' have to have seen. And good job to! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqgAj2bMxCo
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant

Thank Geek for Family Guy, and old re-runs of TBBT. Makes me laugh!!! 'Oh, Bernadette, please play my clarinette!'.
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Wisp
Brooker update. http://www.theguardian.com/technology/20...ie-brooker
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant
Shaun Micallef (Australia's vague version of Charlie Brooker, only less shouty) used to have a marvelous series of sketches as David McGahan, a rather useless and highly surreal documentary presenter. He occasionally falls into the set sideways and walks about the walls. In this instance he just blethers on about CATS.

"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
I've just started watching Spaced. It's promising. The Misery reference in episode...2? made me very happy.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas