Other Comedy Shows
I've just been watching serious drama with a laugh track, it can make the most serious films(Schinder's List,Exorcist) more superficial in meaning.

The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Wisp
I personally find The Exorcist very funny.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
You'll have to be more specific! You know how we have to wait before making fun of certain things; Schindler's List with laugh track! Is it okay to use nazis in humour!

• Wisp
I am starting to believe that the real world consists of lego, and we are just some matrix facsimile!

• Idle Miscreant

At one time here, people used to jump over a bonfire(dump their blues before the winter). Then witch based parties, now Trick or Treat! Happy Halloween, I'll be watching horror films! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29742774
Charlie Brooker is back on form this year, yesterday he referenced this film, which confirms that all mainstream feel good tv, and all adverts, convey same message.[Image: marry_reproduce.gif]
  • Idle Miscreant
I know the rom com ending is a trope across all genres; including sci fi and action films. But the only rom com film I have watched knowingly is The Truth about Cats and Dogs, which added a twist to the cliche. I wish Janeane Garofalo was a writer on BB. Early stuff>

I loved the 'Selfie' TV series. It's supposed to be a modern day take on My Fair Lady. Very funny, charming and entertaining little show. Karen Gillan was definitely great as the lead actress and she & John Cho had good chemistry. Too bad the show got cancelled. They could've done more stories. Breezed through the 13 episodes and it left me wanting for more.

The following 2 users Like Jomi25's post:
  • devilbk, Nutz
[Image: tumblr_m7331urxKf1qj74sxo4_250.gif] There are a few times when BB is reflexively critiquing. This is what Charlie Brooker does so well, he critiques TV, and the politics(in general sense) which surround it, by using the TV medium itself. I'm sure many films and sit coms do this. 'The Truman Show, it shows us a character who also challenges -- and ultimately escapes from -- a contrived world that is an invention of media. message: we will have to stand up to the manipulators of television and news if we want to protect ourselves from the absurdity and falsehood that now surrounds us at every turn.' 'The movie wants to play the role of just such a critic for us. It tells us to look around and break the spell that keeps us believing in the media-fabricated illusions of popular culture'. from http://www.transparencynow.com/trusig.htm
  • Idle Miscreant
(03-21-2015, 01:20 AM)Jomi25 Wrote: I loved the 'Selfie' TV series. It's supposed to be a modern day take on My Fair Lady. Very funny, charming and entertaining little show. Karen Gillan was definitely great as the lead actress and she & John Cho had good chemistry. Too bad the show got cancelled. They could've done more stories. Breezed through the 13 episodes and it left me wanting for more.

It was picked up by Hulu for the rest of the season.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • devilbk