16.67%
1 16.67%
3 Dirty Socks
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 9.11 The Opening Night Excitation
I've just watched the scenes on youtube. And I have to say I can see what you all mean. It wasn't excitingly passionate, it was subtle. They kept Sheldon more or less in character but it was all about Amy's experience. Her expectation, her nervousness, her crazy grin at the end which was the 'comedy' moment. The new Amy show is Big-Bang-Lite. It didn't make me feel anything and I can't imagine what lies ahead now except a lot of very standard stuff. The Shamy wedding, pregnancy, etc.

I stilll know in my heart that Shenny would have been funnier, more creative, deeper, it could have gone to a lot more 'places' if you know what I mean but there you have it.

One saving grace is they didn't turn Sheldon into this horndog that some fans wanted, which I think would have been awful.
The following 7 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo, Ratman77, Kimk26, Jomi25, Nutz
(12-19-2015, 10:40 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I've just watched the scenes on youtube. And I have to say I can see what you all mean. It wasn't excitingly passionate, it was subtle. They kept Sheldon more or less in character but it was all about Amy's experience. Her expectation, her nervousness, her crazy grin at the end which was the 'comedy' moment. The new Amy show is Big-Bang-Lite. It didn't make me feel anything and I can't imagine what lies ahead now except a lot of very standard stuff. The Shamy wedding, pregnancy, etc.

I stilll know in my heart that Shenny would have been funnier, more creative, deeper, it could have gone to a lot more 'places' if you know what I mean but there you have it.

One saving grace is they didn't turn Sheldon into this horndog that some fans wanted, which I think would have been awful.

I haven't watched anything from this episode, but I've been looking at comments on facebook, and 90% of the positive comments are all about how "wonderful" it is that Amy finally got what she wanted. It's so absolutely infuriating. What about what Sheldon wants? He clearly didn't WANT to do the deed, but he felt obligated to do it in order to keep his "twu wuv" from dumping him again. How is that romantic? How is that healthy? And how can so many people not see how absolutely disgusting and sexually abusive this relationship is?  Puke
The following 10 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo, Ratman77, Shellsyke, Kimk26, Gamma, devilbk, Jomi25, Nutz
(12-19-2015, 11:45 PM)CassandraElise Wrote: I haven't watched anything from this episode, but I've been looking at comments on facebook, and 90% of the positive comments are all about how "wonderful" it is that Amy finally got what she wanted. It's so absolutely infuriating. What about what Sheldon wants? He clearly didn't WANT to do the deed, but he felt obligated to do it in order to keep his "twu wuv" from dumping him again. How is that romantic? How is that healthy? And how can so many people not see how absolutely disgusting and sexually abusive this relationship is?  Puke

They see only Amy, not him. The show is written from her standpoint and has been for a long time. The audience sees Sheldon through her eyes and how it effects her is how he is measured and how people 'feel' about it. Sheldon is NOW a half-man. He's telling the story of a sad unpopular girl who found a hard to match guy and moulded him to be her own. Sheldon is a vehicle for Amy, we are not meant to consider what he feels because he's seen as this awkward unreal character who only Amy knows whats good for.

No one remembers the Sheldon we loved. The mad, arrogant, head over heart genius is no more. I loved the way he mocked the world, how he mocked Leonard, even how he mocked Penny and this overtly sexual world. Sheldon was funny because he was so different to everything else around us.

[Image: tumblr_ksru2cJsuR1qzsclso1_1280.jpg]
Sheldon 'weeping' for humanity.
The following 12 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk, wellplayedpenny, Nutz, Gamma, FlyingMonkey, Toad, CassandraElise, Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo, Ratman77, Kimk26, Jomi25
I have not seen the episode ( I will not) , but after everything I 've read here (concerning the behavior of Sheldon )……hmm…

….excuse me, but the whole sounds for me more than would ‘Mister Data’ play a program of his emo- chip. It does not sound like romance or love, but simply and only as a duty.

(By a character like ‘Al Bundy’ this was funny, but by Sheldon?… Huh …please.)

And under this point of view the thing has a large catch. To feel obliged to something personal has Sheldon only if the other person has done before something appropriate. (Like the many gift baskets and the hug after Penny given him the napkin-a scene that today still has the same power as before).

And I cannot remember that Amy has ever done something for Sheldon (except to importune him and to try to change his personality) that could explain or justify something like THAT now. Morlock

Sorry writers, but this whole thing is just as illogical, implausible and unbelievable like ‘the laundry-fantasy’ or the ‘love-experiment’. It is a desperate attempt to reconcile Sheldon's behavior in this episode with his traditional character.  And as you all have described it ,….. it is an absolute flop.

It is really terrible, but it is also ones more ridiculous and one reason more for the authors to be ashamed.

Greetings from Germany!

P.S.: I stand to my opinion that Penny would be the only woman with which Sheldon would really feel something in this context Soft Kitty . He has broken his rules-like driving car-for her because he wanted it, and not because he saw it as an obligation. That was really affection. Heart....  And I am still thinking that the possibilities for our ‘Shenny’ are not over now.
The following 6 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • FlyingSolo, Kimk26, Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, CassandraElise, Jomi25
This image is from the moment when Amy walks into the bedroom in her nightgown. The Shamys sees a nervous man looking at the woman he loves. Now I know we see different things due to what we perceive. But this expression is amazingly intricate and well acted.

When I look at this image I see sadness and fear, especially if you ignore his eyes and look at the mouth. Now I think the writers have (surprisingly) done a really good job. Lorre admitted he thought Sheldon was asexual recently in an interview and Sheldon's feelings at this moment are captured in that one look.

He's trying to be normal. He really wants to keep Amy in his life and he knows he must do this for her. He's resigned himself to it. But he's not doing it for himself. This is Sheldon's great act of love towards Amy (and I still think she's the wrong person).

[Image: tumblr_nzmj50hr9a1sp0cpeo3_500.gif.99035...e6acc4.gif]
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Kimk26, Shellsyke
[Image: mr-bean-o.gif]
[Image: Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Kimk26, Jomi25, Ratman77
"He looks like a dog at the vets" - quote by... someone. Wink
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Kimk26, Jomi25, Ratman77
(12-20-2015, 07:43 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: This image is from the moment when Amy walks into the bedroom in her nightgown. 
[Image: tumblr_nzmj50hr9a1sp0cpeo3_500.gif.99035...e6acc4.gif]

I see reluctance. Like he's thinking if this was actually a good idea. And disgust. And possibly cringing on the inside.
The following 2 users Like Jomi25's post:
  • Ratman77, Kimk26
Hello again.

I 've been thinking  about this episode ,...... and have recognized that this “event” is basically useless - what the authors themselves provided.

Sheldon has yet made the coitus to a one-time thing per year, right? Going along with Amys birthday.
Well, we all know her. She will never give satisfied with that. She will continue to annoy him with her sexual advances-to become the coitus even outside of her birthday.

No, I think there will be no great changes next time. With the “only one time in year”-plot-device the writers themselves made it to a farce.
It will go on as before.

And we all see next week by the next episode of

“TBBT”: „Sheldon & Amy-Groundhog Day“ Rolleyes
The following 3 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Kimk26, Jomi25, Shellsyke
Haven't seen this entire ep yet so I won't be casting my vote but poll is up.