16.67%
1 16.67%
3 Dirty Socks
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 9.11 The Opening Night Excitation
This is the episode where Sheldon and Amy have sex, so please view with caution or avoid. Those who want to take a look at the spectacle and witness how flat and forced their 'connection' is, might want to tune in because Jim is still as lovely as ever, regardless of you know...

Here's the low down.

CBS are plugging this big time. This is supposed to Sheldon's big moment.  Confused

The photos are here.

I always thought Sheldon's "big moment" would be winning the Nobel prize...or, you know, ANYTHING other than becoming another Homo quotidianus...

Think I'll be skipping this one. And the next, and the next and the one after the next and...well all of the new ones for ever.

[Image: goodbye.gif?w=676]
[Image: loki%20pushes%20kid.gif]

Wine
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Kimk26, Ratman77, Toad, Jomi25
Shel-Done is happy with the booby prize (and that was NOT a double-entendre). He'll never win a Nobel. Leonard, who has never had an original idea, will probably win a Nobel and say something self-serving about Sheldon in his speech. Shel-Done will smile and kiss the beast when he does.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Kimk26, Ratman77, Toad
(12-13-2015, 05:54 AM)devilbk Wrote: Shel-Done is happy with the booby prize (and that was NOT a double-entendre). He'll never win a Nobel. Leonard, who has never had an original idea, will probably win a Nobel and say something self-serving about Sheldon in his speech. Shel-Done will smile and kiss the beast when he does.

Yes, I'm fully convinced that Leonard will get the Nobel Prize eventually. After all, he deserves it, right? Vintage Sheldon is long gone anyway, so it really doesn't matter anymore what happens to this new Shel-done.
I have a feeling that after this episode the ratings will plummet. I mean, what is left? H&B getting a baby? Or even L&P? Yay! Rolleyes The whole show has become such a drag. Just look at Penny, how bored she is the whole time. She looks and behaves like an old, married woman already ...
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 6 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Kimk26, Ratman77, Satnight815, Toad, Gamma, Jomi25
Yes!

Why, why, why?

Why this changes and evolutions? Huh

There are so many examples how writers can a character make grow without to take away his/her personality.

The example of ‘Doc Brown’ from the ‘Back to the future’-trilogy would have often used and brings the nail on the head. Idea  The Doc retained his skills and his genius after he found the love of his life (Clara). He remained a great scientist (The ‘Time-locomotive’!) with visions and goals.

Why to hell could that not be with Sheldon? Huh

Another example is ‘Constable Odo’ from ‘Star TrekBig GrinS-Nine’. He always was the loner, the….yes, the nerd in the crew. And when he came together with ‘Kira’ this relationship did not change him in his behavior or his work. He remained the hard policeman, the man who was keeping the security of the station. And also ‘Kira’ remained the tough Major until the end of the show. Big Grin

Here too:
Why to hell could that not be with Penny and Sheldon? Why they must change them so drastic that their own mothers are not able to recognize them longer? Huh

Alone at the second half of the seventh season. This thing with this element. I mean…that was the reason for mind-crisis? By Sheldon? The original-the ‘Vintage-Sheldon’ would become angry. He would locked himself in his office or laboratory and had researched like a mad one. He would never have doubts about whether his work would get meaningful.

Or if he had the relationship in the first two seasons and Amy had break up there, the ‘Vintage-Sheldon’ would have decided: ‘Okay, that was it. The experiment “relationship” is done, and it did not work. Never again. Point.’  And now? Mournfulness.Unsureness. Love-sick.
If the ‘Vintage-Sheldon’ could make a time-jump and see his actually Alter ego he would think that the one before his eyes is an android or an alien-doppelganger. Shock  I can really hear his hysterical scream.

And Penny? I can imagine that she would be
disgusted by her Season seven-eight-nine-personality.   Puke
When I read it right than she get fired, isn’t it? Than the job is gone, and the actress-career is buried too, right?  Well, what will happen to her? Will Penny only be the brave boring house-wife? When I look back at her original-character at the beginning than it really looks like a sacrilege.   

You can read in this lines, that I am angry and disappointed Angry but-so strange it sounds-
I have still hope.
There is the rest of the actually season and a full tenth season. I mean, when it really goes on in the style of the last episodes, what will the writers do for the last season? I cannot see good ideas or plotlines in this couple-topics. It would be absolutely boring…..unless…they make a turn and present a surprise and…. there is my hope. For the ‘Shenny’,and also for the show in general, because if the writers do not come with a real ‘Big Bang’ at the end, I fear that the show will ends whit a whimper. Sad

Greetings from Germany!

P.S.1: If they really do nothing with the ‘Penny/Sheldon’-potential, than I really fear ‘TBBT’ could be a breaker of my traditions. Normally, I am a ‘completist’. When I collect something- a show or a movie-series- than I want it completely. ‘The X-Files’,’ Married with children’,’ Battlestar Galactica’,….I call all seasons my own on DVD because it is my nature. But in the case of ‘TBBT’ –if I ever start to collect it-I'm really tempted to break up after ‘Season Three’. It is too painful to see how they destroy the concept more and more and disfigure the two best characters….(but I still hope that they will do something with the heart and the soul of the show)

P.S.2: Sorry again for my English.

The following 8 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, Berliner, wellplayedpenny, Satnight815, Lollywho, Gamma, Toad
So my fellow Vintage Sheldon fans - sorry, "lame-o" "robotic asshole" "half-men" - who else is choosing Star Wars over character defenestration this Thursday?
HANDS UP!
Yes, thank you, I will be. Yes. Wine

Star Wars is art, what's being done to Sheldon is character palimpsest. Mercifully I don't care anymore. Rather than watch on Thursday, "I would sooner swim to the Bermudas on two politicians' rotten bladders, tied together with an intelligencer's heart string..."
And other Jacobean bombast.

But anyway, back to Star Wars;

Big Grin
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Gamma, Satnight815, Kimk26, Toad
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...n-and-amy/

Interview with Chuck brilliantly-witty-philosophical-writer-yet-destroyer-of-his-own-creation Lorre.

Can I just say two things?

1) You're the creator, Chuck, if you imagined Sheldon was asexual, then he WAS asexual. You're not watching a bleedin' documentary. If he is now NOT asexual, it is because you (or someone else) changed him. He didn't change himself. He can't. He's fictional. And we'll stay faithful to your first creation, if you don't mind...

2) "long awaited plot twist" is an oxymoron.
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Trust No One, Gamma, Satnight815, Kimk26, Toad, Jomi25
I'm sorry and glad I found this article at the same time. Lorre acting like everything is out of his control is sad. Turning this show into a boring Ship fest has been the plan for years. Long awaited plot twist is a joke. A plot twist would have been no coitus and Shamy breaking up for good. This show has no clue what a real plot twist means. This show takes the stale and safe route every time.
The following 3 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • Satnight815, Kimk26, Jomi25
I see they are doing their super sell marketing campaign on this one.  I saw another article about the episode on Huffington Post.   They aren't even leaving any suprises for the episode.  They talk about the sex, Sheldon skipping Star Wars, Bob Newhart, pretty much everything.  I really don't understand why.  Do you think giving away the whole plot is going to get people to tune in?  Or is this really a public service warning so that we can be sure to avoid the whole maudlin mess.

And can I just say the whole virginal let's have the characters wear white thing, please.  This is not a couple of teenagers.  These are suppose to be characters in their 30's.  It's just so unsubtle and stupid.   But that's tptb for you.   Why have an actual well written show when you can go on a marketing blitz and tell us how good it is and then beat us over the head with cliched symbolism just for good measure.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 8 users Like Gamma's post:
  • wellplayedpenny, Satnight815, Trust No One, Idle Miscreant, devilbk, Kimk26, Toad, Jomi25
(12-16-2015, 10:55 AM)Gamma Wrote: Do you think giving away the whole plot is going to get people to tune in?  Or is this really a public service warning so that we can be sure to avoid the whole maudlin mess.

And can I just say the whole virginal let's have the characters wear white thing, please.  This is not a couple of teenagers.  These are suppose to be characters in their 30's.  It's just so unsubtle and stupid.   But that's tptb for you.   Why have an actual well written show when you can go on a marketing blitz and tell us how good it is and then beat us over the head with cliched symbolism just for good measure.

It's a public service warning, Gamma.  The advance notice was for us to have enough time to book a cruise to the Arctic to see a solar eclipse, much like Sheldon did in S1E5 when Leonard had Leslie over to the apartment.   Big Grin 

Speaking of which, if TPTB wanted to beat us over the head with symbolism, I wish they would have just chosen this...

[Image: Tie-doorknob_Snapseed.jpg]

It would have been a hell of a lot more appropriate than the insipid, voyeuristic scenario that they came up with.  At least it would have respected the history of the show, and the character of Sheldon in particular.

Then again, maybe it's better not to have the past tainted by current events.  This show now fancies itself the new Boy Meets World - only twenty years too late!  But instead of teenage storylines for teenage characters as told by teenage actors, we get teenage storylines for 30+ year-old characters as told by 40+ year-old actors, and TPTB then wonder why we don't find the whole thing "cute" (their word, not mine).   Confused
The following 7 users Like Satnight815's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Kimk26, Gamma, Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, Jomi25, Nutz