0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SPOILER WARNING: 9.04 The 2003 Approximation
I have to say, I quite enjoyed the Raj-Howard moments in this episode. The song was catchy, Raj's dancing was funny, the hugging scene made me laugh. However, everything that was happening around it was just... strange. Sheldon is Penny and Leonard's dog now? And he's okay with that? I mean, he's been downgraded even from the role of toddler he had before. And I still don't get Emily. When she's not being 2spooky4me (I'm still on the fence whether she has that roommate in her closet in bits and pieces), she really doesn't have much of a personality, other than as of this episode she's set up to be another Bernadette who doesn't like the stupid silly things her nerd boyfriend does, and who will probably set out to correct them.
The following 4 users Like A.D.A.'s post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Toad, Kimk26
They make all these big noises about how they don't condone bullying of those who are different. Maybe not Amy anymore but Sheldon is the new target instead. It's distasteful. The writers are gunning for him because he is more powerful than their previous Leonard. It just disgusts me. It's like Sheldon has had a breakdown. They call this growth. He never needed 'growth'.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26
Yeah, that's true, it's like they're taking them down one by one. I remember that one of my friends used to say that she doesn't like TBBT because it's a show about nerds in which she (as a nerd) is the punchline to every joke. And to a degree, that has always been true. Still, in the early seasons it always felt like there was some sort of heart there. Yeah, they ridiculed their interests, but there wasn't this persistently nagging narrative that everyone has to fall in line and get on that 30 year plan with kids and picket fence and leaving their Tardises and lightsabers in the closet. And the influence went both ways; Penny drew them out, but she was also picking up stuff, like when in that episode where the other actress moved in above them, she told her that the boys don't "have their shields up" like other men do.

It makes me honestly wonder what kind of people the writers know. I have friends who are married with kids and they haven't spontaneously transformed into my parents. Of course, neither my parents or theirs actually do fit that strange mould either. When I visit my dad, we play Gears of War co-op. And I don't think that's super-special or anything because real life is always so much more complex than what the show is headed for now and I think the first seasons still captured that.
The following 8 users Like A.D.A.'s post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Louise, Toad, Gamma, FlyingMonkey, wellplayedpenny, Kimk26
Still, in the early seasons it always felt like there was some sort of heart there. Yeah, they ridiculed their interests, but there wasn't this persistently nagging narrative that everyone has to fall in line and get on that 30 year plan with kids and picket fence and leaving their Tardises and lightsabers in the closet.

[Image: 43402-Minions-cheering-gif-OrI5.gif]

Well said, A.D.A!!!
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Kimk26
(10-14-2015, 07:45 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: I should very much like to see that. Wine

I always feel like a git when I bang on about Sheldon's changes so repetitively. We all know what I'm talking about, so why bother mentioning it? Sheldon's alteration is pretty much the central theme of this joint...I do TRY to pepper it with pleasantries...I did like the song immensely. I like the plots lately (sans the relationship bits). There's some very clever writing, as usual. I suspect it's because I'm plagued with my novel at the moment...more specifically, the necessity of keeping the characters' integrities  intact, whilst I fling them haphazardly around.

It's just...you look at this promo picture, and you can clearly see the characters' personas.  These are quite specific, well-crafted and FINISHED creations.

[Image: webANXbigbangtheory.jpg]

(The latter promo shots just have them all standing unfeasibly close in an insane photoshop with identical smiles on their phizogs.)
But the Penny and Sheldon you see above simply don't exist anymore. The others are still recognisable, but the cheery, irreverent Penny and the observing, upright alien Sheldon have long vanished. And it's deeply upsetting on a level that's difficult to ignore...

*kvetch grumble gripe* etc
You notice they've got a halo around Leonard's head..
"The mark of mediocrity is to look for precedent."   Norman Mailer
The following 2 users Like Kimk26's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Toad
I didn't hate this episode as much as I thought I would. Loads of vintage moments and I loved Raj and Howard's song. Minimal Amy so therefore not much Shamy angst. Enough to get this episode one of these Blossom

Stuart you SUCK. I used to like Stuart, he was cool once.

Other musical sides of the guys.

The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • CassandraElise, Toad
That look by cookiecris

[Image: tumblr_nw6sdiNsPN1qdxmh0o1_540.png]
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, devilbk