Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.02 The Separation Oscillation
(09-14-2015, 12:59 AM)Toad Wrote: 9.01 The Matrimonial yada yada

9.02 The Separation something or other

9.03 The Bachelor *birds cawing*

Um, you get the picture...

Ask a stupid question... Shark Dodgy
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
[Image: 29w4hvd.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
The following 1 user Likes Toad's post:
  • Wisp
(09-14-2015, 12:59 AM)Toad Wrote: 9.01 The Matrimonial yada yada

9.02 The Separation something or other

9.03 The Bachelor *birds cawing*

Um, you get the picture...

OH GOD! when you look at those titles? Morlock
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Wisp
Not only are they not using the S/P kiss in the promos (except in Canada - well done), they're actively promoting this episode as MORE RELATIONSHIP ANGST. THRILL at the antics of the world's most wearying couple! "Can Penny & Leonard get their unhappily married life back on track?" Can you muster the strength to care?
Anyroad, this once again strikes me as a dreadful decision by the marketing department.
When everyone seems cranky over the doom and gloom of the previous episode, perhaps don't advertise the next week as MORE doom and gloom?

Suffice to say, the ratings be on their heads. We're absolved of any influence. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe people love all this shouty business. FB comments would seem to argue against it, but...

The folk who arrange the photoshoots invariably use Sheldon and Penny to sell the show. I'm generally used to the promo department following suit. Do they want to keep it a surprise? Has it been cut? Or does Prady (quite rightly) simply not want a handful of hysterical shippers attacking him on twitter again? Or at least until it actually airs...

The tiny and banal mysteries of fandom...

Personally I'd be happy if we had one Sheldon/Penny scene an episode. Too much to ask in these later seasons I know. But then I'd at least watch. If Vintage Sheldon is gone, my reason for watching the show also vanishes. New!Sheldon will have to interact with someone I care about in order to stir interest. And that person is obviously Penny.
That tea party scene was charming.
It might not be OUR Sheldon, Vintage Sheldon, but at least the actors still have a lovely rhythm to their scenes.
Wine

Oh, and here's another Promo where they DO show the kiss...See how it's done O marketing chaps?
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/645280578426798080/pu/vid/1280x720/g4hB4pIUZGAFV-S2.mp4

God help us when the Australians get hold of it. Big Grin 
(I can rip on Oz, I'm one of the fuckers...)
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jomi25, Gamma, Toad
Look at the way Penny falls into that kiss. That's perfect. Not like Amy who looks like a teddy bear being squashed against someones face Tongue
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Jomi25
(09-25-2015, 06:55 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Look at the way Penny falls into that kiss. That's perfect. Not like Amy who looks like a teddy bear being squashed against someones face Tongue

[Image: il_fullxfull.256548192.jpg]
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Jomi25, Toad
I'd be perfectly happy for whatever that thing is above to marry Sheldon, provided it didn't try to change him, wasn't introduced as a love interest for the sole purpose of trying to amass bigger ratings, wasn't responsible for his character's demise, didn't violently alter its personality every season, or episode, wasn't simultaneously self-pitying AND contemptuous of its "friends", and didn't manipulate or shout at him. Indeed if it genuinely loved him, and not a "boyfriend concept", it could have my blessing.

Wine

Non-Cthulhu-type characters, if Sheldon HAS to be with anyone...<Because I'm Bored Inc. Listed in Order Of Magnitude>

Characters on Big Bang that I'd be delighted for Sheldon to be partnered with; Penny, Wil Wheaton, Martha.

Characters on Big Bang that I'd happily tolerate Sheldon being partnered with; Leonard, Raj, Leslie Winkle, Zack Johnson, Stephanie Barnett, Lalita Gupta, Emily, Howard, Dr. Gablehauser.

Characters on Big Bang that I'd grumblingly accept him being partnered with; Mrs. Hofstadter  sass , Bernadette, Stuart, Priya, Kripke, Toby Loobenfeld, Mrs. Davis, President Siebert, Alex, Lucy.

Characters on Big Bang which I'd rather chew my own face off than have Sheldon partnered with; Amy Farrah Fowler, Alicia, David Underhill, Captain Sweatpants (he betrayed Stuart, and he touched all the cheese), Joy, Speckerman, Todd Zarnecki, Kurt, Dr. Plimpton, Ramona, the Whore of Omaha.

(yes I'm going back to work now)
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, Jomi25
Here's the Sneak peek promos
Promo #1 (SHAMY)

Promo # 2 (Leonard/Sheldon/Penny)

“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
I only watched the above videos once and blearily in the irrational hours of the morning, (and I can't watch them now because SSSSHHHH) so I can't be absolutely certain, but IS THAT FUCKER DOING VINTAGE SHELDON?
He is, he IS. Look at that first video in particular. That's almost Season 4 Sheldon, dammit.
Wine Wine Wine
Oh bloody hell, imagine if Vintage Sheldon came back permanently...Have him interact with Penny every episode, (or at least more than the paltry handful of times we got in Season 8), steer him back towards science, and the show would be saved!

Let me enjoy my unfounded hopes for another few minutes before the coffee kicks in...
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, Kimk26
Yes Gripe, you were seeing a pretty close to Vintage Sheldon in those clips. It's not perfect, but what I'd consider "real" (just enough) growth of his character after 8 years.

But we mustn't celebrate cause it might jinx the rest of the episode (plus, it'll just hurt more when they go back to sexy toddler/dog Sheldon in the next episode)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Kimk26