0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.02 The Separation Oscillation
Hello, everybody!
I want to take the chance now to write about my impressions of this “special” scene.
You know, when I read first that there will be a kiss between Penny and Sheldon , my eyes fell out, but this time-when I saw this scene in 9.2. -…..no, now I did not have this reaction any more.
This time my eyes shot out and swept from one corner of my room to another like flipper balls. Shock
WOW!
What a kiss!
At the promo-video it was short, but looking already great, but now….. at the whole scene….
Double-WOW! Big Grin Big Grin
It was really intensive and played great by this two. Wine
At the beginning, from Sheldons  side, it looks like:
“Now I am doing what I always wanted to do.”
And Penny…… Well, at the first moment it looks as if she do not know what is happening, but then she seems really enjoy it. (Sheldon Cooper, you are a lucky bastard). Wink
Well, for me ,it is not only and simply “hot”.
“Hot” is it from “waist and thigh”, but in the seconds before- where they kiss and simply hold each other- they seems simply happy.  As if they really belonged here. So in my opinion, the kiss is working on many levels. In this short sequence is more than only simply passion.
There is decision, surprise, acceptance , true affection(love) and passion last. An intimate evolution  in a few moments.  Really great!
It does not matter that it is a dream-sequence. What is only important is the effect,……and  that it proves that there is “something” in the minds of the writers,…… what allows to puzzle me again. Huh
If the “Shenny” is really nothing for them (as they said it over the years),….why then they do the kiss so passionately that the whole " Shamy " and " Lenny "-stuff acts paler than the moon?
Was it Sarcasm
Was it only a gag?
Was it a new try to let look the “Shenny” phoney, badly or improbably?
(If that was the intention ,  than it was a shot in the own foot)!!! Tongue

Or….are they eventually checking out the field, how a possibly “thing” between Penny and Sheldon  could be received by the audience/ public ?

I really hope so.

(If they-after this enthusiastic reactions- really do not realize what they have for gold mines with “Penny” and “Sheldon”, then they are really……….)
We only can hope, because we do not know it at the moment.
But what there is( for me) now, is the answer to a special question.
Is there really a final nail in the coffin of the “Shenny”?
Definitely NO!
I would say, after this kiss scene (and the reactions of the audiences and in the web) that-if there  ever was a coffin- they have  dismantled it themselves. Big Grin Blossom

Greetings from Germany, and Sorry for my English.

P.S.: After this kiss-scene-now more than ever:
THEY…. ARE…. NOT…. LIKE…. SIBLINGS!!!

The following 7 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Kimk26, FlyingSolo, Jomi25, Satnight815, Nutz, Berliner
Poll is up, sorry its a little late. I voted neutral, the kiss was great but the rest of the episode was appauling. Leonard has never been so whiny and unattractive, same with Sheldon.

EDIT
Damn it!! That kiss is so hot I had to change my vote to one of these Blossom
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk
When Leonard spoke to Mandy she asked "did I sleep with you two?" so there's a pretty good chance the making out with Mandy happening during this episode.

"Best time of my life!!!" Leonard says...
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26
Just doing the rounds...
There's some ghastly gimcrack playing some sort of pop-based frenzy outside my window, so that's my writing shot for the afternoon.
BARBARIANS!
Going to the pub.
Poor me.

In the meantime;

That Kiss! Get The Skinny On Penny And Sheldon's Shocking Smooch! Still reeling from the unexpected lip-lock? Get a behind-the-scenes breakdown from the showrunner.

Fans went bananas after the smooch, so we reached out to Steve Molaro, Executive Producer of The Big Bang Theory, who allowed us to pick his brain about this particularly unexpected puckering.

How did the scene come to be, and how long have you wanted it to happen?
Steve Molaro:
We needed a scene to recap where we were in the rocky start to Leonard and Penny's marriage. Eventually, we landed on the dream sequence and hoped Sheldon and Penny making out would be an explosive start to the episode. The first thing Kaley [Cuoco] asked me when she saw the script was, "How long have you been waiting for Penny and Sheldon to do this?" She already knew the answer was "Forever."

What was it like to shoot? How did the live audience react?
SM:
The audience went insane. Jim [Parsons] and Kaley actually held the kiss a lot longer than what was on TV—and the audience was happy to scream until they stopped. It was an amazing moment and it set the tone for a really fun night on the stage.

What's your response to the rabid fan reaction?
SM:
I suppose my reaction is, "Cool! Who should we have make out next?" I'm so happy to hear the audience enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed shooting it.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory...g-smooch-/

Wine
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Kimk26
(09-29-2015, 08:09 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: This brings up a fascinating question of the validity of character VS plot. To my mind there is character foremost, comprised of a set of personality traits, predilections, mannerisms, and private history. You set this character up, and henceforth he is an independent existent. Then there is plot or circumstance. The situations you put this character through in order to entertain or drive a story.

It is perfectly possible to be interested in a character but not in the particular plot devised for him. Indeed, you can easily and happily extricate the character from this plot and put him somewhere else, perhaps more suitable to his nature. Writers particularly are prone to such imaginings.

Captain Ahab was fixated upon the nothingness behind the whiteness of the whale. The horrible, unknowable noumenon. He was a driven, fanatical man, prone to ornamental and metaphorical language, comparatively humourless, blind to his own martyrdom, gruff and blousy in his manner, and utterly hellbent in his quest.

You can take this character and put him anywhere. He doesn’t need to be on the sea for him to still be Captain Ahab. He could be in the desert, chasing a mirage. The character’s the same, the external aesthetics of his situation alter.

Sheldon, as he was created and established in the first 3 seasons, had a very specific set of personality traits, idioms, mannerisms, vocal patterns, and a sense of well-defined PURPOSE.

He was a driven, analytical, neurotic, sensitive, whimsical, histrionic intellect, with a wounded aspect, and alien charm. An eccentric and a man of science.
THIS is the character that we admire, and are “shipping” with a counterbalancing character who is warm and generous, chaotic and intuitive.

The plot that happens to be taking place on CBS is, artistically speaking, completely irrelevant, having established these characters. Sheldon could be on a submarine, and he would still be Sheldon. Penny could be (and has been in fanfic) a barista on a Space Station, and would still be Penny.

Romantic inclination on television is not a personality trait. It is a boardroom decision.

Leonard is the “star”, ergo he gets “the pretty girl”. Sheldon was not MEANT to be the upstart he was, nor were his interactions with Penny meant to spark the imagination of the audience. So they were ruthlessly contorted into new plots. From this point on, we will always be dealing with unnatural and contrived circumstances.

For theoretically, if Penny, within the realm of CBS, can date everything from Stuart to Kurt, then dating Sheldon (for whom, unlike the others, she has demonstrated great warmth and affection) should not be a great stretch. Likewise Sheldon, who breaks all his own rules for Penny, oddly enough within the CANON confines of CBS itself, could very easily be written to fall for Penny, the infuriating catalyst.
Hi, "Idle Miscreant"!

I want to take the chance to write a-late- reply to your great post because there are points which I am interested in general. “Comparisons” and the constellations of figures.
(Because it is too long, I split it up in two parts)
Part one:
Your comparison with Melville’s “Ahab” and your point, that Leonard was written to be the “star” (or like you written in your other post “the hero”) brought my thoughts back to a movie with whom I have spent a lot of time of my childhood- and that can be use –in a special regard- also as a comparison to the “TBBT”. (Of course, only from my POV).
The movie which I mean is the Blake Edwards- classic comedy “The great race” from 1965. Starring Tony Curtis (as the “hero” “Leslie”), Natalie Wood (as the “love interest”) “Maggie Dubois” and Jack Lemmon (as Leslies rivals “Professor Fate”)
Curtis figure was the “hero” from the first minute,…… but also the least interesting one.
(Well, nothing against Mister Curtis-he belonged to the great ones of the cinema. No doubt).
But that does not change the fact, that his character “Leslie Gallant III” was (for me) pale, boring, and even annoying. His actions were so predictable that he seemed very one-dimensional, and frankly there was no scene in which I am identified with him. (Like Leonard)
“Professor Fate”- with all his quirks- was very more interesting. His habits gave him more personality, he had his own dignity, and his efforts to arrive his goals gave the funniest scenes of the whole movie.   
However, even today for me “Fate” is the unofficially (but true) hero of the story.
If I remember the movie, then the “Fate”- scenes, and well…. …. I think there is the similarity to the figure of “Sheldon”.
The following 2 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Kimk26
(10-14-2015, 09:12 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: Hi, "Idle Miscreant"!

I want to take the chance to write a-late- reply to your great post because there are points which I am interested in general. “Comparisons” and the constellations of figures.
(Because it is too long, I split it up in two parts)
Part one:
Your comparison with Melville’s “Ahab” and your point, that Leonard was written to be the “star” (or like you written in your other post “the hero”) brought my thoughts back to a movie with whom I have spent a lot of time of my childhood- and that can be use –in a special regard- also as a comparison to the “TBBT”. (Of course, only from my POV).
The movie which I mean is the Blake Edwards- classic comedy “The great race” from 1965. Starring Tony Curtis (as the “hero” “Leslie”), Natalie Wood (as the “love interest”) “Maggie Dubois” and Jack Lemmon (as Leslies rivals “Professor Fate”)
Curtis figure was the “hero” from the first minute,…… but also the least interesting one.
(Well, nothing against Mister Curtis-he belonged to the great ones of the cinema. No doubt).
But that does not change the fact, that his character “Leslie Gallant III” was (for me) pale, boring, and even annoying. His actions were so predictable that he seemed very one-dimensional, and frankly there was no scene in which I am identified with him. (Like Leonard)
“Professor Fate”- with all his quirks- was very more interesting. His habits gave him more personality, he had his own dignity, and his efforts to arrive his goals gave the funniest scenes of the whole movie.   
However, even today for me “Fate” is the unofficially (but true) hero of the story.
If I remember the movie, then the “Fate”- scenes, and well…. …. I think there is the similarity to the figure of “Sheldon”.
Part two:
I could imagine, that his character –at the beginning of the show- was conceived as a type of “quasi”-or “semi”-villain, who could destroy every party, wanted that everybody was acting like his will, and  and everybody annoying  with his rules and habits. But after a short time he was more popular than the officially “hero” Leonard. Even this quirks and habits make him more sympathetic and more “human” than the “hero”. Primarily that was actor Mister Parsons merit, but I think that the writers –in general- unconsciously more work and ideas put into the villains and co-figures,…..because the “hero” is always the same.
Well, that is all only my point of view. Other people see it probably different. But for me, “The great race” is a good example for the “Sheldon”-and “Shenny”-effect too, and a proof that figures became their own lives-also in the heads of the viewers.
By the way: That you have written, that Sheldon as well as Penny easily can be written that they could fall in love with each other, is also a point. When I see this thousands and thousands of “Shenny”-fanfictions on the net  (three from myself) their mass all the other pairs sweeps away, I must ask: Is it for the show a good thing…. or is it a shame, that so much fans worldwide have more will, ideas and fantasy to create an realistic “Shenny “-scenario than their own paid-up writers?

Greetings from Germany!!!
The following 4 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Gamma, Kimk26
The picture we thought we'd never see. Behind the scenes after the Sheldon and Penny kiss.

[Image: tumblr_o0ggboT8o41qb9ozho1_1280_zpssprlb5da.jpg]
The following 12 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Trust No One, Jomi25, devilbk, Gamma, Shellsyke, Nutz, Toad, wellplayedpenny, FlyingSolo, Satnight815, Ratman77, Kimk26
(01-05-2016, 05:57 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: The picture we thought we'd never see. Behind the scenes after the Sheldon and Penny kiss.

[Image: tumblr_o0ggboT8o41qb9ozho1_1280_zpssprlb5da.jpg]
Sometimes they are really mean.

Always „no to Shenny“,….

.....and then things or pictures like THIS !!!

GROWL!!!
If I do not like this two so much as a possible couple,….I COULD GET REALLY ANGRY!!! Angry Angry Angry
The following 2 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Kimk26, Tuesday Pajamas
So I thought I'd update people on "The Kiss" 5 months later:

YouTube (The Big Bang Theory Official Channel): The Sheldon Kisses Penny Clip currently has 508,082 views and has become the 10th most popular clip on the BBT YouTube Channel (again, in only 5 months)

Compare that to the Shamy Coitus Clip (after 3 months) currently has 163,471 views and the Shamy Train kiss (after 2 years) has 442,668 views.

Facebook: Unfortunately, The people who run the BBT Facebook page took down the Sheldon Penny kiss so the original post that received so much love is now lost. So we only have this snapshot that Gripe took at 8am on 9/30/2015 (you can see Gripes original post of this pic page 9 in this thread)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=342]

In fact, they only put the post back up on Facebook on March 18, 2016 (The NEW post is called: Watch the Scene That Is Still Shocking No Matter How Many Times You've Seen It) and it currently has for "likes" (5.8 thousand likes, 202 Love, 208 Shock, 166 Laughing, 3 Crying and 3 Angry), 414 shares and 228 comments (mostly saying Sheldon and Penny are Siblings, Sheldon would NEVER be with penny he LOVES Amy, Shennys are delusional and how much people hate the CBS App). The link on the post goes to the CBS webpage where the video clip of the kiss has 47,000 likes
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Kimk26, Ratman77
The person who runs the Facebook page is not impartial and should not be involved in running it. Taking down Shenny content to hide the fact the masses preferred those posts is fandom corruption. I've seen a lot of this over the years.