Season 9 - Wish list
Sheldon gets hit on the head, and it dislodges the mind control chip he's been lojacked with?

I read a fic that had Penny with amnesia, but that was an S/P by the end. I have to think a Penny reverted to her early persona would be horrified and creeped out by her present existence, seeing it with new eyes. (Clutching Sheldon's arm, wide-eyed, "Who are these people? Why is that weird frog thing glaring at me? What happened to my hair?")
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, FlyingSolo
(07-28-2015, 01:52 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: Sheldon gets hit on the head, and it dislodges the mind control chip he's been lojacked with?

I read a fic that had Penny with amnesia, but that was an S/P by the end. I have to think a Penny reverted to her early persona would be horrified and creeped out by her present existence, seeing it with new eyes. (Clutching Sheldon's arm, wide-eyed, "Who are these people? Why is that weird frog thing glaring at me? What happened to my hair?")

Don't forget "When did I become a lesbian?"
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Nutz, FlyingSolo
Is it even worth howling such requests into the uncaring CBS miasma (I shan’t say mist, it’s too poetic)…

Fuck it.

Wine MORE SHELDON AND PENNY.
Wine MORE SHELDON AND PENNY
Wine MORE SHELDON AND PENNY

They're the classic comedy duo. It's the perfect combination and clash of personalities and natures. It has never failed. Yet they don't use them anymore. Why?

Wine More surrealism.

Dreaming has been the one constant source of surrealism in this show. From Morlocks, Gorns on the sofa, George Takei, Bollywood dance numbers, Tiny Spock, Krakens, Santa shooting Sheldon with a canon etc, the only dreams we have now are Amy’s sexual fantasy-life. “Kissing like mommies and daddies do” (possibly the most vomity line in the entire show), the Sheldon/Penny laundry sequence (if Sheldon and Penny ever hooked up it wouldn’t be in such a dreadful cliched manner. Personally I felt it showed the contempt Amy has for Penny, to have her acting like that) and sponge-bathing her fanfiction version of Sheldon. Jesus wept!

I liked the alien tag scene (but intensely disliked the rest) in a recent episode, and the armadillo Isaac Newton was brilliant.

Wine Episodes told from different characters’ perspectives.
I want to see the world from Sheldon’s viewpoint for fucksake. Not just from Amy’s and Leonard’s. Their world-view is very conventional and limited. Marriage, date-nights, sentiment, pay attention to me…YAAWN.

Wine Experimental episodes. Homages to classic films for example. They tried once with vaguely “It’s A Wonderful Life” but the fact that the TBBT version mainly involved fat-suits and jokes about incontinence was a bitter disappointment. A chance to see how their lives would be different without Sheldon? THE THINGS YOU COULD DO. But no, they all got fat and wet themselves.

Wine More adventures. The Star Wars ranch in S8 was a good start…

Wine More gadgets, more vaudevillian catastrophes.

Morlock Utterly NO “SHAMY” None of it. It’s mawkish and cringe-worthy. It’s also destroyed Sheldon. Put her with Raj, if you must pair everybody off. Stop ruining your greatest creation for the sake of a toddler-esque tweefest.

Wine BRING BACK OLD SHELDON.

I cannot stress that last strongly enough.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, Gamma, Toad, FlyingSolo
I'd like Amy to hook up with Raj. I think he's the only male on the show she has real chemistry with.

I don't have anything against Emily but I just think their match is unlikely, she'd be with some tattooed rocker. He and Lucy were even worse. He's suffered from anxiety all his life and couldn't speak to women and suddenly he's not able to back off when Lucy is freaking out? I just don't believe that anyone with selective mutism could be that insensitive.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, FlyingSolo
But this NuRaj don't forget. So really not surprising that they turned Mr Sensitive into a prat (with or without alcohol). Well, unless his creepy-ass girlfriend wants to have sex in a cemetery, then they turn him back into Mr. Needy. Can't wait to see the Raj is jealous episode because he finds out some of her patients are guys..... And cute. Just call him Leonard 3.0 now
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Trust No One, FlyingSolo
(07-29-2015, 01:14 AM)Nutz Wrote: But this NuRaj don't forget. So really not surprising that they turned Mr Sensitive into a prat (with or without alcohol). Well, unless his creepy ass girlfriend want to have sex in a cemetery, then they turn him back into Mr. Needy. Can't wait to see the Raj is jealous episode because he finds out some of her patients are guys..... And cute. Just call him Leonard 3.0 now

It's incredible how much Raj turned into Leonard. These characters all got worse after GF's.
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • devilbk, FlyingSolo
(07-29-2015, 01:18 AM)Missy Fan Wrote: It's incredible how much Raj turned into Leonard. These characters all got worse after GF's.

I have to agree there.
As we've mentioned before, Star Wars, Star Trek, Batman, Iron Man etc., these are all considered mainstream now and don't exactly bestow geek cred on anyone. With that in mind then I wish they'd delve into less well known sci-fi works.

A la Colossus: The Forbin Project I could see Sheldon writing a time management program that progressively overtakes his life, severely curtailing his fun time, and even initiating contact with Leonard's computer in a scary bid for supremacy. Call it The Ramona Project. Shock

Or Penny somehow wrangling Sheldon into stage managing a little theater production of, say, Silent Running: The Musical and then having to contend with some diva-ish robots. Cue Wolowitz.

So many potential scenarios go untapped it's monumentally frustrating. I always like/liked the techno episodes because they typically invoke the inevitable conflict between human and machine. The Robotic Manipulation and The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification are two that come immediately to mind. It's technology of their own making (or modifications), embodying their own (sometimes kooky) ideals, but run amok and threatening to chip away at their dignity and self-sufficiency. And it's FUNNY.

Nowadays however none of them seem particularly capable of masterminding a lightbulb into its socket. Robots and gadgets and gizmos are for kids. Sci-fi movies are "dopey". Buying dining room tables, window-shopping for turtles, or sitting around in your underwear while your wife yells at you have become the hooks onto which they've attached some galling notions of "growth" and "adulthood". Dignity and self-sufficiency are being threatened by something way more sinister than a malfunctioning robot arm.

And it ain't funny. Morlock
OH PLEASE...
The following 5 users Like Toad's post:
  • devilbk, FlyingMonkey, Gamma, Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo
I would love to see Penny doing a community production of Plan 9 from outer Space for Halloween and Sheldon stepping in to "make sure" the zombies (ghouls) were more realistic then the disappointing movie, Howard could be involved by building a Tesla coil, and then getting into a fight with Sheldon on how to go about it.

Really the possibilities are endless, if they had the imagination... and the balls to go against the squealing Shamy's
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Toad, FlyingSolo
You are all talking about something that would tip the show more towards 'Eureka'/'Community' style episodes. Whereas the show runners want bland, generic domesticity. Most of them probably haven't even heard of the classics of the genre, let alone obscurities, and regard them with derision and suspicion when they have.

An automated apartment that goes somewhere between HAL and Skynet would be fun, though. "I'm sorry, Leonard, I can't let you do that." "Sheldon, it won't let me open the 'fridge." "Well, of course not, it isn't a prescribed meal time, Leonard."

Also, you can never go wrong with Tesla coils.
The following 6 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Toad, devilbk, FlyingSolo, Gamma