Season 9 - Wish list
After a brief but inspiring grumblebox chat, I thought I'd start this thread for all the things we would like (ignoring the fact we'll never get) to see on the show. If you have any weird wonderful ideas, gadgets and plot ideas. Please post. This thread is not for lamenting as much as imaginings and foolish hope. Illustrations optional but please do...

Remember this is HQ, I EXPECT SICKNESS Big Grin
First idea:
Because Leonard and Penny didn't get married, Amy throws Penny a bridal shower despite no wedding date having been set (as a way of making that happen). She hires a male stripper who she is immediately attracted to. Since she and Sheldon are still on a break she starts pursuing the stripper who is disturbed enough by her that he files a restraining order that she ignores. The tag is Amy calling Sheldon from jail and Sheldon asking Penny whether it's appropriate for him to bail his ex out of jail. Because Amy put a shower together that she did not want Penny says no.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Nutz
I asked for it Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz
Space suggested this one :

University Clash

MIT and Caltech have known rivalry and the writers could create an entire sub plot based around this. They could introduce new incidental characters and have them pranking each other. There's loads of scope for an MIT arch enemy storyline.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk, Nutz
Howard is ex MIT, there's scope for him to be caught between old and new friendships. And Sheldon needs a nemesis. He and Wil Wheaton could have had a 'Spy vs Spy' dynamic, with alternate 'wins', but an MIT counterpart (where everyone but them can see the similarities) would be funny. That would go for the whole group, actually, sort of a mirror verse episode.
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • devilbk, Nutz, Gamma
It will be so good. If they could drop the romcom for a while and give us something based of what they were actually good at. Comedy. I think this is a great idea.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk, Nutz
Slap the guys in wigs and goatees and have them play thier MIT doppelgängers. Alternate Howard/Raj are bi sexual (and have their own Sailor Moon story) Alternate Leonard is a womanizing dirtbag who jokes about the women he's had, there'll be a Dr Plimpton story, an old lady donor story, a story about banging a spy who wanted something he was working on, and a joke about trying monogamy, but after three weeks on that ship that little Dr was just to tempting.

The tag can have alt Penny come in a stop alternate Sheldons rant, and calling him whoopie pie or Nutter Butter.

Alt Sheldon: alt Penny, you know only my Grammie can call me that.
Alt Penny: whatever nut bar.
Alt Sheldon: Woman, you are playing with forces beyond your ken
Alt Penny: Well darling, your ken can kiss my Barbie anytime. (They walk out smirk-glaring at each other)

Alt Raj: I wish they'd just hook up already

Real Howard/Raj/Leonard look in shock

Alt Howard: agreed, the foreplay is getting ridiculous. If I have to pick sides in one more prank war....
Real Leonard: hook up? No way, they're acting like siblings

Alt Howard: ( To Alt a Raj) he sounds like Alt Leonard
Alt Raj: (doing an Alt Leonard impersonation) but our children will be intelligent and aesthetically pleasing to look at
Alt Raj and Howard start laughing and walk out

Real Sheldon: fascinating.

End episode

Notes:
Real Leonard should be enthralled with Alt Leonard a la Dave Underhill
All other alt characters should be full season 2 mode.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, queenoftheDales
I would also like to see a Sheldon episode where he hits his head and finds himself in alternate dimensions.
A dimension where he turned evil and all his friends are minions. Penny is is right-hand man and Carries a bat.
A dimension where he meets a candy clown self
A dimension where he's an alcoholic like his dad (he'll of course be married to Amy)

Well you get the picture. The most important thing is that after waking up he'll rededicate his life to Science and tearing the veil off Nature to stare in the face of God.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Idle Miscreant
I like this idea of Sheldon hitting his head and getting amnesia. Maybe he'll forget Amy was his girlfriend or develop a whole different personality for a while.
(07-27-2015, 06:51 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I like this idea of Sheldon hitting his head and getting amnesia. Maybe he'll forget Amy was his girlfriend or develop a whole different personality for a while.

I'm not really a fan of a amnesia plotline since I know TPTB will turn him into that drunken redneck we saw in Thanksgiving. of course this is what WE want to see NOT what will happen, so yes, anytime Sheldon can erase Amy from the picture is a good thing.

In reality wouldn't put it past them to go with an overly dramatic, soap opera Amnesia formula, but I figure they would probably have it happen to Leonard so Penny will realize how good she had it and Leonard is the best thing that happened to her. Cue her bending over his bed and confessing what an idiot she's been about getting angry over him cheating on her and how much she's loves him. Leonard slowly opens his eyes ....... Penny? Oh Leonard you remember me, I'm so sorry. Let's get married so I can start popping out those smart, beautiful, lactose intolerant babies. Puke