The Existential Angst of Stuart Bloom
(11-02-2014, 11:24 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Kinda on/off topic but that's why Amy's comment really burned me about Sheldon's comic book hobby being 'lame-o'. Where it really counts she just doesn't 'get' him. Stuart's store was his haven, his and Lonely Larry and all the other souls who showed up on new comic book night. It was a place where they could be themselves, where they could let their imaginations free. Perhaps the destruction of the store and its (seeming) rebuilding is symbolic of the show as what was is being replaced by what is. We don't even get a death and funeral and a chance to mourn and find peace but instead are faced with a zombie rise from the earth that shuffles its way through the episodes.

That's because Amy has a complete lack of imagination. Unless of course it's all about HER. She's happy to indulge her own fantasies of being a 'princess' and wearing a tiara, or having a prom night, or being a grown woman in a Disney costume but she turns into an absolute hypocrite whenever Sheldon mentions his own hobbies. She has no empathy at all. And worse of all, Sheldon never calls her out on it which is completely OOC.

Do you guys remember what happened in 'The Nerdvana Annihilation' when Penny criticized the guys hobbies:

Penny: "My God, you are grown men, how could you waste your lives with these stupid toys and costumes and comic books and… and now that… that…"

Sheldon: Again, time machine.

Penny: Oh please, it’s not a time machine, if anything it looks like something Elton John would drive through the Everglades.

Sheldon: It only moves in time. It would be worse than useless in a swamp.

Penny: Pathetic. All of you, completely pathetic.

THEN LATER:

Sheldon: You hypocrite!

Penny: What?

Sheldon: Little Miss “grown ups don’t play with toys”. If I were to go into that apartment right now, would I find Beanie Babies? Are you not an accumulator of Care Bears and My Little Ponies? And who is that Japanese feline I see frolicking on your shorts? Hello, Hello Kitty!

Can you imagine if Sheldon said that to Amy about her childish dress-up games? Cool That would be pure joy!

Messages In This Thread
The Existential Angst of Stuart Bloom - by Wisp - 01-06-2014, 07:16 PM
RE: The Existential Angst of Stuart Bloom - by Moonbase - 01-07-2014, 03:24 AM
RE: The Existential Angst of Stuart Bloom - by Tuesday Pajamas - 11-02-2014, 09:42 PM