The Existential Angst of Stuart Bloom
I wonder what the actors really think about the story arc. Sometimes it seems a bit like a version of The Truman Show, only the characters/actors, can see the audience, and the writers room. I do think that what these studios do is turn out sit coms, like factory production lines. When they find one that works, they really work it. Friends warped sit com writing/production. Get ready for a load of TBBT copies. Let's throw a load of quirky characters together and see what happens. But then they didn't know what to do with them, except the obvious. Here's Stuart having fun, again!

He may only have an arts qualification, but Stuart only has to use magic words like; 'rare piece', for 'real collectors', and the physicists lose all reason. When we see how extensive their collections are, I wonder how he was always so broke. He's a master salesman.

Also when did Sheldon buy presents, when not impelled, love all the anomalies.

There's something I wanted to vent here. Remember how annoyed Howard gets when his mother and Stuart are together? Well, it turns out that Stuart actually found a date (Jeanie I think her name was) to take to the "prom" and when Howie finds out, he gets mad at him for backstabbing his mother. Why is this funny? I've been seeing situations like this where the character doesn't like something, but when the dynamic shifts, he wants it back again (though he really doesn't!). Ugh. D:<
I saw a glimpse of Stuart in a recent episode, and they appear to have made him mildly psychotic and vengeful. Which is a pity, because he was possibly the most realistic and charming character of the recent seasons...Although they started to cartoonify him in S6.
At least it gives Sussman more screen time I suppose. And anything with Sussman is a thing of beauty...

[Image: Stuart+Face.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Wisp, Tuesday Pajamas
Such a shame, and so sad! Needless, malicious destruction...
So this Capital Comics forced Stuart to close.

Is it just me, Berny reminds me of a blonde Sarah Palin! [Image: 125.gif]
(12-21-2014, 03:35 AM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: So this Capital Comics forced Stuart to close.

Is it just me, Berny reminds me of a blonde Sarah Palin! [Image: 125.gif]

Now that Bernie's outed herself as hating Democrats, the comparison to Sarah Palin is even more apt.
Just remember folks, no politics, religion or Charlie Chaplin.

Personally my knowledge of politics ends around the time Marat was stabbed in his bathtub, but I know it continues to aggravate people. And we have the actions of fictional people in a fictional universe to concern ourselves with!

So, about Stuart Bloom...

Incidentally, I don't suppose he's named after either Leopold Bloom from Ulysses, or even Leo Bloom (named after Leopold), the nervous, neurotic flailing accountant from The Producers?

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-17915-1383707184-2.gif]

All hail Gene Wilder.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
He probably owes a nod, yes. After all, Sheldon and Leonard are from the director/producer/actor of that name. (Their surnames are presumably from Leon Cooper and Robert Hofstadter?)
Zero Mostel is also gold, and gets comb over award.