33.33%
2 33.33%
3 Dirty Socks
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 8.24 The Commitment Determination
Howard and Sheldon got domesticated, simple as that.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 2 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Louise
(05-05-2015, 06:51 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: They try to make this sound exciting but we know it's just the same tired relationships on a loop, until the end of time, or until the audience gets sick to the back teeth and dies of boredom Big Grin

THERE WILL BE NO SURPRISES MR MORELO! Rolleyes IT'S ONLY A CLIFFHANGER IF WE CAN'T GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN. AND EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS CANON IS FIXED LIKE THE NAILS IN A COFFIN AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG TIME.

That's exactly right. TPTB have already told us the current ships are endgame and everyone will live happily ever after. So all breakups, arguments, suspense and "cliffhangers" are just contrivances to prolong the show. Even the hardcore shippers acknowledge it. They excuse it by claiming that they just enjoy the "journey". Sure, it's easy to enjoy the journey when you know it will end to your satisfaction. That's exactly why I CAN'T enjoy the journey. I know that in the end Sheldon & Penny will be sacrificed at the altar to appease those who want revenge for not being popular in high school.
The following 3 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Louise, Idle Miscreant, Berliner
(05-05-2015, 06:51 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: They try to make this sound exciting but we know it's just the same tired relationships on a loop, until the end of time, or until the audience gets sick to the back teeth and dies of boredom Big Grin

THERE WILL BE NO SURPRISES MR MORELO! Rolleyes IT'S ONLY A CLIFFHANGER IF WE CAN'T GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN. AND EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS CANON IS FIXED LIKE THE NAILS IN A COFFIN AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG TIME.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/...?a=viewall

So funny TP that Molaro thinks what they are doing is a big surprise.
All of these articles are regurgitating the same Hollywood Reporter article from last week. Prady tweeted it and everyone else is doing the same kind of thing. No new info and the interview took place before they shot the finale. It's an echo chamber.
(05-05-2015, 07:00 PM)Berliner Wrote: Howard and Sheldon got domesticated, simple as that.

Plot bunny: Howard's personality got split into two halves. Gothowitz is bold and outrageous, Hubby!Howard is passive and meek.

Gothowitz and Supervillain!Sheldon are a team of...well, supervillains.

On another note:

None of Howard's previous women seemed aggressive and domineering. Leslie was more self-absorbed and indifferent than actively hostile, and the show made it clear that she would've treated *anyone* that way, it wasn't specific to Howard. Stephanie turned out to be clingy, but maybe that was just her reaction to Leonard's weaselly-ness.

This idea of "Howard needs/wants someone like his mother, Howard needs/wants someone who will supervise and correct him" does not hold water. The show did not lay the groundwork for this relationship. It's very obvious that these themes were inserted after the fact. Bernadette had no personality at first, then they retrofitted her to be Bitch!Queen.

Howard does seem to like *assertive* women, because he likes action-oriented female characters like Catwoman and Starbuck and River Tam. The female images in his bedroom look active and heroic, they're not traditional Playboy-style pin-ups. The show seems to hint that his fantasies involve a bit of a role-reversal where *he* is the one being rescued/captured by a female protagonist-figure. But that's not the same thing as wanting to be abused or wanting to give up all autonomy, and assertive isn't the same thing as aggressive.

I could see Howard meeting a woman who is *slightly* older and more experienced than himself; she might welcome his enthusiasm and not be freaked-out by his sex drive, and her confidence might help him feel more at ease. I actually thought Veronica from Vegas seemed like kind of a cool person and it might've been nice to see more of their conversation.

As for the current state of things, this smug and complacent old-married-guy Howard is someone I dislike. Misery loves company, so now the coupled-up characters are pressuring their friends to stay with their sh*tty partners, as well. It's actually easier for me, knowing that this isn't Original Howard being mistreated by Bernadette, it's just some boring old married guy.
The following 4 users Like Louise's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales, Toad, Berliner
They have released three sneak peeps of the finale.

But this time no embedding....

Sheldon asking P/L why Amy is mad at (emotionally blackmailing) him.

http://can.um.cbs.com/now/stitched/mp4/c...ontent.mp4

Howard and Bernadette (Bernadette being way too aggressive as always, boring and moaning about Raj).

Even more dullsville, Emily and Raj. It has bonus Stuart which offers a little relief.

Thank you for not embedding.
Boy have BB totally given the game away this finale. All the news reports already know Sheldon and Amy are taking a break.
(05-07-2015, 11:33 AM)Louise Wrote: Thank you for not embedding.

I think next season we'll make this a rule. I'm also looking into creating a tag which we can hide text behind, with a warning. A spoiler tag as other sites have. This will help our members and visitors decide just how much canon they are exposed to here.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise, Nutz
Perhaps a gif of a cannon might help?
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Nutz