33.33%
2 33.33%
3 Dirty Socks
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 8.24 The Commitment Determination
They have started advertising the finale early with these images. Look at your own risk! They feature a Shamy kiss and Sheldon looks like an old man in that shirt. How can anyone like them? Oh well no accounting for taste my friends.

http://images.spoilertv.com/the-big-bang...rmination/

I cropped this. Penny and Sheldon (they just jump off the screen). Beaaauifuull!

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-04-29%20at%2007.04....t6rmrq.png]

Kaley just looking smashing these days.

[Image: 106477_D1007b_595_Mini%20Logo%20TV%20whi...t6e0an.jpg]
She is indeed looking rather classic. Suitable for a noir film, no? Or even...
[Image: B3xl9YpCEAALC13.jpg]

As for the other pictures, I have no interest in looking at an emasculated, de-brained and normalised "Sheldon" dressed in beige drabbery indulging the small-minded fantasy-life of his captor.

Why is it that every time they make Sheldon and AFF have a "romantic" moment (although in my view romance requires both participants to be equally involved, equally passionate, not thinking about television shows, and not tricked or guilted into it. Ergo "Shamy" has never had a romantic moment) it requires Sheldon to be blandified and dressed as a humdrum, low grade insurance agent?

Why does his flair and individual style have to go out the window? Why does he have to be normal for "Shamy" to work? If they're going to ignore his entire personal character history, why can't he at least be DRESSED as Sheldon to maintain the veneer?
Why why why...
Is it POSSIBLE it's because he's NOT Sheldon anymore, just another sitcom dumb boyfriend? Yes.

Just change his name to Gerard and be done with it.

I'll stick to watching Vintage Sheldon, ta very much. The Sheldon that made the show famous in the first place, who has now been replaced by this eejit. The Sheldon that will be remembered, whilst the seasons of Gerard and Jar Jar are malingering in a supermarket bargain bin.

O TPTB, what have you done with your splendid creation...Why did you break him just to fit the common mould!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, Gamma, Toad, Jomi25, Berliner, Louise
(04-29-2015, 06:19 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: Why is it that every time they make Sheldon and AFF have a "romantic" moment .... it requires Sheldon to be blandified and dressed as a humdrum, low grade insurance agent?

Why does his flair and individual style have to go out the window? Why does he have to be normal for "Shamy" to work? If they're going to ignore his entire personal character history, why can't he at least be DRESSED as Sheldon to maintain the veneer?
Why why why...

Because deep down, under the promotional pretence, THEY KNOW what we say is true. From an artistic perspective, from a creative writing standpoint all Shamy does is wash Sheldon away, and with Jim increasing the volume and clown-like quality of his delivery it's almost as though original Sheldon is slowly going mad.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jomi25, Louise
Vintage Sheldon has been replaced by Stepford Sheldon. All uniqueness and originality has been replaced by a bag of rice.
The following 5 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • devilbk, Louise, Jomi25, Berliner, Nutz
The promo is available now and they are pushing this as Lenny wedding. Also Sheldon and Amy kissing. So commitment all round for the finale. Confused

BE WARNED. THIS IS A PROPER SHAMY KISS. Jim is sexy BUT .... I don't need to explain...

What are the chances that the Finale people saw at the taping will later have changes made to it? As I understand it, so much depends on stirring up interest in the finale, in order to get ratings. But because of the TRs, anyone who wants to can get spoilered for the Finale, and that kind of eliminates the element of surprise. Hardcore shippers will watch no matter what, but they're actually a very small percentage of the viewership. If there are people who haven't watched the show for a while, but are curious and want an update, they can do some Googling and find out more or less what happens. And after that, they might not feel inclined to "tune in", they might wait until later and illegally download it or watch Youtube clips or not bother to watch it at all, since they got what they wanted.

TPTB have no weapons left in their quiver except this artificial suspense about *when* certain relationship milestones are going to happen. Sadly, it's not even a question of IF the various weddings and babies will happen, just WHEN. So, there is no real drama here, but now that the show has eliminated lovable characters and actual humor, the contrived drama is literally the only thing they have left to offer. Why aren't they jealously guarding the only carrot they have left to tempt the public?

Shouldn't they be cracking down on the TRs or having a closed set for certain "important" episodes?

TL;DR: why are they letting so much information leak, when their ratings-getting strategy depends on people tuning in to see what happens?
I think people who are marginally curious will watch. They won't waste their time doing research trying to make a decision about watching. That shows more investment in the show than watching it live or setting your DVR. It's a sitcom, not appointment television, at least not anymore except for a tiny group of sad people who already know what's going to happen.

As I've said before, the number of people who read the TRs is tiny, not worth caring about from WB'S point of view. The reason they don't crack down on them is they just don't care. And making access to the tapings fairer to the audience in general, I don't think they care about that either. When you have an audience of millions you don't care about maybe a couple of hundred people who are watching the show anyway.
[Image: tumblr_inline_mox1j6xHKF1qz4rgp.gif]

PJ, maybe put a link to that promo instead of imbedding it? A number of people seem to be stumbling in here unawares and becoming traumatised.

I'll never understand why they put television's coolest (TMNT part of the brain, sorry) character into the most daggy and sappy relationship imaginable.

It reminds me of some sort of motivational camp for slow children. Or a plastic lunchbox that smells slightly of sour milk and soggy bread.

Sheldon has entirely lost his street cred through involvement in this drippy twaddle. He's so unhip now it's a wonder his bum doesn't fall off (to paraphrase Zaphod Beeblebrox). He used to be brilliant and magical, now he's an office worker going through puberty.
WHY?

Incidentally, if you HAD to change Sheldon (although if it ain't broke?), a character like that becomes MORE eccentric as they get older, not less. Just observe actual bloody geniuses and artists! And they certainly don't suddenly drop all their defining character traits and call it "growth".
THIS was the correct way to go with Sheldon, sartorially and otherwise;

[Image: docbrownt.jpg]

And remember when they had Doc fall in love it was immediate and overwhelming, and the passion was mutual, and both kept their identities, and Clara didn't keep wishing Doc "was a normal boyfriend".
They also didn't make Doc going on fucking DATE NIGHTS or rob him of his dignity. He kept his intellect and built a goddamn time machine out of a steam train. Wine

Morlock
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise, Toad, Gamma, Nutz, Berliner, Lollywho
Quote:a character like that becomes MORE eccentric as they get older, not less. Just observe actual bloody geniuses and artists!

This is very true.
They try to make this sound exciting but we know it's just the same tired relationships on a loop, until the end of time, or until the audience gets sick to the back teeth and dies of boredom Big Grin

THERE WILL BE NO SURPRISES MR MORELO! Rolleyes IT'S ONLY A CLIFFHANGER IF WE CAN'T GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN. AND EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS CANON IS FIXED LIKE THE NAILS IN A COFFIN AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG TIME.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/...?a=viewall
The following 6 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, FlyingMonkey, Trust No One, Louise, Lollywho, Jela