What the ship
After hearing that line from Raj's poem to Bernadette. I was wondering if the whole thing was an orchestra of euphemisms! [Image: ac70a03f-3cee-4399-99aa-a82bbba0f659.jpg] I wonder if he wrote any for Howard! [Image: howard-and-raj-disco-skating-o.gif]
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35
(04-10-2014, 09:33 PM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: ...hang on, wasn't Raj the one who actually wrote up the dating profile they used for Sheldon initially? Ergo, the compatible match ISN'T Sheldon?

(I, too, wish the boys had taken one look and run fast and far, but we're stuck with it.)

Excellent point Space. Remember how poorly Raj filled out the "How Well Do You Know Sheldon" section in the Friendship Questionnaire from S2. Sheldon himself said his answers were "truly disturbing", so much so he removed him from his circle of friends. Raj probably had "playfulness" ranked last in order of Sheldon's most appealing traits. It's not a wonder why the biochemistry between Sheldon and Amy is completely off. I mean how could for one minute Raj think Sheldon's favourite amino acid was Glutamine? It was Lysine goddammit! LYSINE!! Big Grin
The following 6 users Like Satnight815's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Berliner, Nutz, Wisp, Toad
My ideal TBBT setup would be LAMY. They become obsessed with each other, and fade. That leaves Sheldon and Penny sparring to see who controls that floor of their block. Stuart remains the deteriorating loner, mouching around. Howard and Raj have a three way with R2-D2, a three way relationship! Wil Wheaton is this sort of evil devil type character who appears periodically, and tries to undermine Sheldon. [Image: tlSc7bf96.gif]
The following 8 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant, Berliner, Gamma, Toad, Jislane35, Jomi25, JustMyLuckiness
Right. I don't care how inappropriately spun a conception of the early seasons this seems to be, to me it's rather bang on. Sexy hilarious bastards...all FIVE of them. With obvious biases...

"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales, Nutz, Jislane35, Jomi25
[Image: Team-Lamy-leonard-and-amy-26627587-500-254.gif] I love pictures, they mean I don't have to think or type!(except for that!)
(05-15-2014, 05:41 AM)pilot fish Wrote: [Image: tumblr_lu99g3CKDQ1r3m5lto1_500.gif] I love pictures, they mean I don't have to think or type!(except for that!)

I think Lamy could have worked in the beginning. When they went to the wedding together and it looked like they got along just fine. Lamy didn't seemed forced (of course now, continuity has it so AFF now thinks it's weird to hang out with Leonard Dodgy ) and it could have been an ironic spin to the show. Leonard has been chasing after the beautiful blond but falls for the more Sheldon-like variation of a girl. It's better than what ever is canon nowadays. AFF could have been written much better than how she is now.
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Gamma, Toad
Old fun footage. Chuck Lorre says; Sheldon is single and dedicated to science, and ignores enthusiasm for Shenny!

I think that clip above shows exactly why they had to create the Frankenstein Amy(it's alright she's only a character!). Otherwise the Shenny train would have railroaded the show! I was wondering if people would be happier about sheldon in a relationship, if it had been Martha, or even Ramona(at least he would have got his Nobel Prize!). [Image: tumblr_ly5huu8Rv51qid9ybo1_500.gif]
(05-15-2014, 07:57 AM)pilot fish Wrote: Old fun footage. Chuck Lorre says; Sheldon is single and dedicated to science, and ignores enthusiasm for Shenny!

Gah they don't even answer the question and it's clear the actors are not put off by Shenny at all. Kaley even seems keen, and Jim is almost asking Lorre himself. WOW. I was always told by the canons on other websites that the writers and actors were 100% against Shenny. Well, it seems like they were not against it at all, maybe not until they were TOLD to be. Because that's not what we're seeing here. JG might not have been too happy though...

This video proves that in the early days even the actors didn't know who was going to wind up with Penny. Another myth busted!
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Toad, CassandraElise
(05-20-2014, 10:57 PM)pilot fish Wrote: I was wondering if people would be happier about sheldon in a relationship, if it had been Martha, or even Ramona(at least he would have got his Nobel Prize!).

I don't think I'd be against Sheldon having a romantic interest if the writers weren't trying to completely reinvent him to make AFF work. I get that Sheldon would have to change/evolve in some way to accommodate having a girlfriend but what's happening now is regression.

Of course at the moment I'd rather have him dedicated to his work... BUT if I had to choose, Penny (shit, even Ramona) could have been a better fit. Hijinks ensue, comedy prevails.
The following 4 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, ricardo shillyshally, Toad, JustMyLuckiness