What the ship
I'm also 100% in for Raj/Amy. For some reason, Kunal and Mayim has better onscreen chemistry. I guess the writers are kinda noticing this, too, since the Raj/Amy scenes and dialogue are increasing. And, basically, Amy and Raj just suit each other more. Amy wants a normal, romantic boyfriend. Raj just wants somebody to love. They'd definitely find what they're looking for in each other. Sadly, TPTB are too blinded by the canon couples to even notice this potential couple.
The following 4 users Like Jomi25's post:
  • Wisp, queenoftheDales, Jislane35, CassandraElise
(04-10-2014, 06:50 PM)Jomi25 Wrote: I'm also 100% in for Raj/Amy. For some reason, Kunal and Mayim has better onscreen chemistry. I guess the writers are kinda noticing this, too, since the Raj/Amy scenes and dialogue are increasing. And, basically, Amy and Raj just suit each other more. Amy wants a normal, romantic boyfriend. Raj just wants somebody to love. They'd definitely find what they're looking for in each other. Sadly, TPTB are too blinded by the canon couples to even notice this potential couple.

YES, SOMEONE ELSE SEES IT.

Now I HATE Amy and wish she was never created but she's here to stay, isn't she... So, Raj/Amy would be much more suitable than Shamy. Raj doesn't seem repulsed and uncomfortable around her like Sheldon does...
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 5 users Like Wisp's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, Jislane35, Jomi25, CassandraElise
...hang on, wasn't Raj the one who actually wrote up the dating profile they used for Sheldon initially? Ergo, the compatible match ISN'T Sheldon?

(I, too, wish the boys had taken one look and run fast and far, but we're stuck with it.)
The following 4 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • devilbk, Gamma, Jislane35, Jomi25
(04-10-2014, 09:27 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: YES, SOMEONE ELSE SEES IT.

Now I HATE Amy and wish she was never created but she's here to stay, isn't she... So, Raj/Amy would be much more suitable than Shamy. Raj doesn't seem repulsed and uncomfortable around her like Sheldon does...

LOL! I would've preferred it, too, if she was never introduced, but oh well, she ain't going anywhere at this point. Unless...Prince Faisal suddenly fetches for his bride-to-be and asks her to stay in the Middle East for good. That'd also be grand.
The following 2 users Like Jomi25's post:
  • Wisp, Jislane35
I wholly agree that Raj and Amy would work a million times better than Shamy. Amy becomes softer, and dare I say it, delicate around Raj. I especially love (not the right word to use considering how much I hate the character) how she calls him Rajesh. With Sheldon, she is just aggressive and brutish. It is more or less the same reason why I like the Shenny relationship better than Lenny. Penny is more fun-loving, playful and downright energetic. It's the whole opposites attract thing. Penny's warmth and impulsiveness (I am referring to Season 1-3 Penny and not this pod person we see these days) perfectly complemented Sheldon's aloof and detached manner. Seriously, these writers had the ingredients to make something beautiful and spectacular, but they settled for mediocrity.
The following 7 users Like spuffyfan's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, Jomi25, FranEssi, Toad, Berliner, CassandraElise
(04-12-2014, 06:59 AM)spuffyfan Wrote: I wholly agree that Raj and Amy would work a million times better than Shamy. Amy becomes softer, and dare I say it, delicate around Raj. I especially love (not the right word to use considering how much I hate the character) how she calls him Rajesh. With Sheldon, she is just aggressive and brutish. It is more or less the same reason why I like the Shenny relationship better than Lenny. Penny is more fun-loving, playful and downright energetic. It's the whole opposites attract thing. Penny's warmth and impulsiveness (I am referring to Season 1-3 Penny and not this pod person we see these days) perfectly complemented Sheldon's aloof and detached manner. Seriously, these writers had the ingredients to make something beautiful and spectacular, but they settled for mediocrity.

They settled for shoehorning. Amy and Sheldon are a mismatch both physically and emotionally. They don't have any connection or chemistry and look totally wrong as a couple. And Leonard and Penny are supposed to be the opposites attract story but they don't have anything in common. Not one thing. But there's an emotional synergy between Sheldon and Penny that goes beyond who has the PhD. The opposites attract story is them. Every time they are on screen together it just shines through. No matter what the writers do to smother it.

I find Amy very manly but it's probably being extenuated by how camp Jim is making Sheldon these days. When she tries to be delicate with him it sounds patronising and the rest of the time she's more masculine than he is. But for some reason Raj makes her seem feminine. It all about chemistry, she has it with Kunal but it's lacking between her and Jim.
The following 6 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35, spuffyfan, queenoftheDales, Toad, Nutz, Jomi25
(04-05-2014, 06:13 PM)FranEssi Wrote: Considering the way the show is treating Sheldon and Penny's professional lives at the moment, I'm gonna go with Jislane's brilliant new ship and for now ship Sheldon/String Theory. And Penny/Career.

i think penny/career is my second favorite ship... sometime i just want to walk on the show and give that girl a job. Just here... here is an application to pottery barn... just try it.
If I were REALLY smart... I would have brought a second pair of underpants.

I don't have avatars...AVATARS HAVE ME!

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 3 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Jomi25
(04-14-2014, 09:28 AM)Will_I_BGraded_OnThis Wrote: i think penny/career is my second favorite ship... sometime i just want to walk on the show and give that girl a job. Just here... here is an application to pottery barn... just try it.

i think Id almost prefer Penny/Career over Shenny (I KNOW) but if it gets her back some dignity then so be it.

Her working at one of those kiosks things at the mall would have been better than TCF.
The following 5 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35, CassandraElise, Jomi25, JustMyLuckiness
(04-14-2014, 09:47 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: i think Id almost prefer Penny/Career over Shenny (I KNOW) but if it gets her back some dignity then so be it.

Her working at one of those kiosks things at the mall would have been better than TCF.

dignity! that's what i've been missing... and here i thought it was my keys!
== penny
If I were REALLY smart... I would have brought a second pair of underpants.

I don't have avatars...AVATARS HAVE ME!

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 4 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, devilbk, Jislane35, Jomi25
I know the Shamy one is doing the circuit but check these out Big Grin

Shah or Raldon??

[Image: tumblr_n3uw9fcxIB1rrafppo3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_n3uw9fcxIB1rrafppo6_250.gif]

Shenny BlossomHeart

[Image: tumblr_n3uw9fcxIB1rrafppo3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_n3uw9fcxIB1rrafppo4_250.gif]

Shelnard Tongue

[Image: tumblr_n3uw9fcxIB1rrafppo3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_n3uw9fcxIB1rrafppo8_250.gif]
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • ricardo shillyshally, Toad, queenoftheDales, Jomi25, Idle Miscreant