Room Ruddy-Aggravating 2.0
(06-06-2015, 07:59 AM)Louise Wrote: I might be getting too picky for my own good, with books. I haaaate flowery language or large amounts of description...

What about:

"What clashes here of wills gen wonts, oystrygods gaggin fishy-gods! Brékkek Kékkek Kékkek Kékkek! Kóax Kóax Kóax! Ualu Ualu Ualu! Quaouauh! Where the Baddelaries partisans are still out to mathmaster Malachus Micgranes and the Verdons cata-pelting the camibalistics out of the Whoyteboyce of Hoodie Head. Assiegates and boomeringstroms. Sod’s brood, be me fear! Sanglorians, save! Arms apeal with larms, appalling. Killykill-killy: a toll, a toll. What chance cuddleys, what cashels aired and ventilated! What bidimetoloves sinduced by what tegotetab-solvers! What true feeling for their’s hayair with what strawng voice of false jiccup! O here here how hoth sprowled met the duskt the father of fornicationists but, (O my shining stars and body!) how hath fanespanned most high heaven the skysign of soft advertisement! But was iz? Iseut? Ere were sewers? The oaks of ald now they lie in peat yet elms leap where askes lay. Phall if you but will, rise you must: and none so soon either shall the pharce for the nunce come to a setdown secular phoenish."

sass
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise
See I just see scribbles, I bit like one of those magic eye pictures from the 90s.
If that is who I think it is, I just hope you've got your glass of port and a Gorgonzola sandwich ready for the 16 th.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
My favourite hobby on Bloomsday in Dublin was always contending that Moby Dick was better than Ulysses.

Here's my old pal Jim larking about with his wife on top of the Martello tower. Both thespian types obviously.

[Image: joyce-bloomsday-dublin-390x285.jpg]

I just found that randomly whilst googling Bloomsday Dublin...Jim's everywhere!
(06-06-2015, 02:46 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: What about:

"What clashes here of wills gen wonts, oystrygods gaggin fishy-gods! Brékkek Kékkek Kékkek Kékkek! Kóax Kóax Kóax! Ualu Ualu Ualu! Quaouauh! Where the Baddelaries partisans are still out to mathmaster Malachus Micgranes and the Verdons cata-pelting the camibalistics out of the Whoyteboyce of Hoodie Head. Assiegates and boomeringstroms. Sod’s brood, be me fear! Sanglorians, save! Arms apeal with larms, appalling. Killykill-killy: a toll, a toll. What chance cuddleys, what cashels aired and ventilated! What bidimetoloves sinduced by what tegotetab-solvers! What true feeling for their’s hayair with what strawng voice of false jiccup! O here here how hoth sprowled met the duskt the father of fornicationists but, (O my shining stars and body!) how hath fanespanned most high heaven the skysign of soft advertisement! But was iz? Iseut? Ere were sewers? The oaks of ald now they lie in peat yet elms leap where askes lay. Phall if you but will, rise you must: and none so soon either shall the pharce for the nunce come to a setdown secular phoenish."

sass

I see that, I raise you this. Big Grin

llorraC siweL
.ebargtuo shtar emom eht dnA
,sevogorob eht erew ysmim llA
:ebaw eht ni elbmig dna eryg diD
sevot yhtils eht dna ,gillirb sawT'

.yoj sih ni deltrohc eH
'!yallaC !hoollaC !yad suojbarf hO
!yob hsimaeb ym ,smra ym ot emoC
?kcowrebbaJ eht nials uoht tsah dnA'

.kcab gnihpmulag tnew eH
daeh sti htiw dna ,daed ti tfel eH
!kcans-rekcins tnew edalb laprov ehT
hguorht dna hguorht dnA !owt enO !owt enO

!emac ti sa delbrub dnA
,doow yeglut eht hguorht gnilffihw emaC
,emalf fo seye htiw ,kcowrebbaJ ehT
,doots eh thguoht hsiffu ni sa ,dnA

.thguoht ni elihw a doots dnA
,eert mutmuT eht yb eh detser oS
-- thguos eh eof emoxnam eht emit gnoL
:dnah ni drows laprov sih koot eH

'!hctansrednaB suoimurf ehT
nuhs dna ,drib bujbuJ eht eraweB
!hctac taht swalc eht ,etib taht swaj ehT
!nos ym ,kcowrebbaJ eht eraweB'

.ebargtuo shtar emom eht dnA
,sevogorob eht erew ysmim llA
:ebaw eht ni elbmig dna eryg diD
sevot yhtils eht dna ,gillirb sawT'
!sdrawkcab ykcowrebbaJ tsuj s'tahT
(06-07-2015, 09:16 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: !sdrawkcab ykcowrebbaJ tsuj s'tahT

ndd, Grp, t s Jbbrywcky prntd bckwrds, y r crrct bt tht. Wink
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • devilbk
[Image: i6wcr8.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
Okay first, the Cold War, I mean I know it had some positive side effects; Space exploration wouldn't be where it is, and technological development has been phenomenal, but it's last century, war, boring! I'm now relying on 'educational programmes' to get my fix. I used TBBT for a while. Where else do you hear the name; Herman von Helmholtz?[Image: tumblr_lqywuedT8w1r2zgioo7_250.gif]