Room Ruddy-Aggravating 2.0
It's back. I love moaning and reading other people's moans. I have a moan right now:

People who pretend they like something you like just as much as you do to make conversation. there is no point in this. I shall now transcribe an example.

Anon: So, what is your favourite band, then?
Me: Well, I don't usually have favourites, but I love Muse. That's about as far into "bands" I go.
Anon: Oh, I love Muse too! They're the best band ever.
Me: Ah, what's your favourite album then?
Anon: Well actually I only heard one of their songs. It was quite good though.
Me: You disgust me. Get out of my sight and only come back when you think of a better way to talk to people.

I also had a friend when I was 10 which I strongly disliked anyway and couldn't really count as a friend in hindsight who, no matter what I mentioned, claimed to be a massive fan of it. Of course I got wise to this and asked her questions about said videogame or movie, and she fell out with me. Thank fuck for that. I couldn't handle interrogating her about Crash Bandicoot one second more.

There's just no point in it! People do it on dates as well. They try to have as much in common with the person as possible but it's obviously going to fall through when the space between ...ahem... other things needs to be filled with conversation.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
(01-04-2014, 10:25 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: It's back. I love moaning and reading other people's moans. I have a moan right now:

People who pretend they like something you like just as much as you do to make conversation. there is no point in this. I shall now transcribe an example.

Anon: So, what is your favourite band, then?
Me: Well, I don't usually have favourites, but I love Muse. That's about as far into "bands" I go.
Anon: Oh, I love Muse too! They're the best band ever.
Me: Ah, what's your favourite album then?
Anon: Well actually I only heard one of their songs. It was quite good though.
Me: You disgust me. Get out of my sight and only come back when you think of a better way to talk to people.

I also had a friend when I was 10 which I strongly disliked anyway and couldn't really count as a friend in hindsight who, no matter what I mentioned, claimed to be a massive fan of it. Of course I got wise to this and asked her questions about said videogame or movie, and she fell out with me. Thank fuck for that. I couldn't handle interrogating her about Crash Bandicoot one second more.

There's just no point in it! People do it on dates as well. They try to have as much in common with the person as possible but it's obviously going to fall through when the space between ...ahem... other things needs to be filled with conversation.

Yes, it's offensive because I always feel like someone is underestimating me if they treat me that way. They tell you, what they think you want to hear because they assume you won't make the decision they want you too, based on the truth. It's part insecurity, part manipulation. We could be talking about the show again here. Big Grin
People who whistle, hum, or chomp loudly on gum can induce a spasmodic reaction within me.
OH PLEASE...
People who say "pacific" then they mean "specific". It's worrying how many people do this...

"You're", "Your" mixed up also pisses me off.

And the misplacing of commas. There is a nail salon/pet grooming place outside my house. It is covered with flashy signs, all of which have very insonsistent punctuation. The worrying thing is that these signs were presumably made by actual sign-makers, so there is no excuse for this whatsoever.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

Wasted potential. End if story. When I see a bright mind wasted for reasons like wanting to fit in, wanting to be popular, not wanting to be conspicuous, and other such foolish reasons. I've seen far too many a fried lost for such reasons. It's extremely upsetting.
Also people expecting me to be the unofficial parent. I can be a friend, a can be something like a sister, but so long as I have not pushed you out of me myself I am not your mother.
My personal motto when it comes to romance:
"Once the rockets are up who cares where they come down. That's not my department." (Wernher Von Braun) Tom Lehrer
FUCKING DICKS who feel it is perfectly acceptable and necessary to ask you why you aren't smiling. Guess what happened to me today? Tongue
I'll fucking smile if it's necessary. Very creepy thing to say to a stranger who is scanning their bought goods at the SELF SERVE where one usually goes when one does not want to interact with humans, not only verbally, but facially. Unfortunately he was a 60-odd shop assistant so I could not tell him to fuck off without causing some sort of heirarchal rumpus. Instead, I glared. More than once, due to my unfortunate tennageness, I have been dismissed as "Having an attitude" or being "sullen" in the past. I SHALL BE LIKE THIS FOREVER, CONDESCENDING DICKS. MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAH.

The following 2 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Gamma, queenoftheDales
(01-25-2014, 11:06 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: FUCKING DICKS who feel it is perfectly acceptable and necessary to ask you why you aren't smiling. Guess what happened to me today? Tongue
I'll fucking smile if it's necessary. Very creepy thing to say to a stranger who is scanning their bought goods at the SELF SERVE where one usually goes when one does not want to interact with humans, not only verbally, but facially. Unfortunately he was a 60-odd shop assistant so I could not tell him to fuck off without causing some sort of heirarchal rumpus. Instead, I glared. More than once, due to my unfortunate tennageness, I have been dismissed as "Having an attitude" or being "sullen" in the past. I SHALL BE LIKE THIS FOREVER, CONDESCENDING DICKS. MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAH.

Oh, I hate that too. It is pretty much always some older guy who for some reason thinks he has to make this comment. If I am not in a smiling mood and someone wants me to smile it's gonna look more like Penny's "I am happy for you smile" - dam phony.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • Wisp
(01-05-2014, 06:29 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: People who whistle, hum, or chomp loudly on gum can induce a spasmodic reaction within me.

I'm the same way with the loud crunchers and heavy breathers. It drives me to madness. Might as well be nails on a chalkboard.
People who are dumb as a bag of rocks and yet think they're the smartest people in the world. My uncle (by marriage) is one of those guys and is such a condescending and exasperating know-it-all-and-yet-knows-nothing his physicist step-son just about put him through a wall.
Let's go exploring!
Excuse pettiness. But this always bugs me. Britain is on the same latitude as; Sweden, Russia and Alaska. Yesterday, the rain was lashing down, cold, and people were being blown off their feet, yet most people were dressed in; thin macs, sponge like jackets,etc. It's definetly not a fashion thing! Are they freaking stupid?