Proposing a thread/category
NERDOSPHERE(working title!!), but it's where we go where no one has gone before.eg.the 'Spirit of St Louis standard model vintage replica radio' [Image: big-bang-theory-retro-radio.jpg] This gives full list http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/Apartment_4A
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas
(09-05-2014, 10:31 PM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: Can we have a thread where we can basically dump all our ill feelings towards a character, a scene, a belief(widely held about TBBT, which we see differently), even a whole episode. I've got some things I want to say about AFF concerning body hair removal. I'm still traumatised! I'm not very good at deciding which episodes are best, voting scenarios, or choosing thread titles; The Abyss, I don't know!

I may have a title for you: Hirsute or Hair Suit?
(09-05-2014, 10:31 PM)ricardo shillyshally Wrote: Can we have a thread where we can basically dump all our ill feelings towards a character, a scene, a belief(widely held about TBBT, which we see differently), even a whole episode. I've got some things I want to say about AFF concerning body hair removal. I'm still traumatised! I'm not very good at deciding which episodes are best, voting scenarios, or choosing thread titles; The Abyss, I don't know!

Haven't you just described this forum? The entire place is a process of catharsis.
But what you're essentially asking is that instead of grumbling all over the joint, we all grumble in one thread? THINK OF THE CROWDS MAN!

Considering there's only two villains around here, and they both have their own thread in Green Lantern's Arse, I think that would probably be the best place to take any Fowler-induced trauma. She greatly aggravates me on a variety of levels as well Pilot, and I'd prefer personally not to have to encounter her all over the public forum as well. The only other characters people seem to dislike are David Underhanded, Alicia, and Speckerman, and I don't think they warrant their own thread.

As for problems with specific scenes, if they're Vintage scenes, we could perhaps have a Quibble thread in Mint in Box? (Although there's only about three scenes which I don't like from S1-4, and I personally couldn't be arsed mentioning them.)

If they're from the Phantom Menace/Jar Jar Binks years of the show, then I'll take a wild stab in the gloom and suggest they are probably to do with either AFF "scenting" Sheldon's belongings or some spectacular example of Botchelennism, if which case they can go in those characters' specific threads.

BUT...If you'd like a PUBLIC thread to mention specific scenes which are troubling, and elaborate upon why, for purposes of education, or for your own clarity, then sure, one can be made in the Jar Jar Binks Forum.

Perhaps others can weigh in here.

Incidentally, did you know that an Abyss can only refer to an underwater trench, and not to a land-based one? (Apparently not common knowledge. I've seen abyss used in reference to a sinkhole.) Such trenches are found in the abyssopelagic layer, in perpetual darkness, home of the Black Swallower and Giant Squid. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_zone
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk
Strange I'd never read 'Fowl reaction'! Yes I suppose that was the idea, dump all the negative stuff in one thread. Then I'll repackage it, and sell it back to CBS! It is tragic that they have to keep milking a concept like TBBT until there's literally nothing left. Some kudos to Ricky Gervais for having the integrity to stop The Office after two seasons(and a christmas special). Now off to FowlR with my trauma! Cheers! [Image: f76102bd0e6f840f2d4aa07a262a9727.jpg]
What is the most appropriate thread for posting about TBBT merchandise/memorabilia?

Or could we maybe have a thread for posting about collections/items/objects, whether they are TBBT-related or not?
Well, the "Big-Balled Racoons" forum is mainly for TBBT related fan art and fiction, but if you're talking commercial merchandise AND want to include collectibles/merch from other shows and genres, then just start a thread in "Jibber Jabber".

You could call it "Nerdvana"...Or just "Collectibles and Merchandise"...I find that some of our more peculiar and specific thread titles often confuse people.

"Big-Balled Racoons" is a fairly good example of this. As is "The Sanctum of Burning Souls" (Welcome Mat).
(09-21-2014, 12:43 PM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: Well, the "Big-Balled Racoons" forum is mainly for TBBT related fan art and fiction, but if you're talking commercial merchandise AND want to include collectibles/merch from other shows and genres, then just start a thread in "Jibber Jabber".

You could call it "Nerdvana"...Or just "Collectibles and Merchandise"...I find that some of our more peculiar and specific thread titles often confuse people.

"Big-Balled Racoons" is a fairly good example of this. As is "The Sanctum of Burning Souls" (Welcome Mat).

Yeah, I thought "Nerdvana" would be a good choice. Thanks!
Isn't great to have a forum where we can express our opinions on anything, and feel supported, or if people disagree, they will at least do it in an intelligent way. My first post on that other site, 'Sheldon and Penny are the main couple, and recently they are trying to turn it into Friends', was answered by about eight rude posts. They seem like a gang of zombies, that can't appreciate we all have different perspectives. So narrow minded! Can I just ask have you put limits on the film(top twenty) , music and books(recent), for a reason? Because I imagine that the more pedantic(who us!), may take that literally. As someone who could discuss these all day, can we open up some of the threads, to wider discussion? Please.
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise, Tuesday Pajamas
As if any of us could STOP you opening up the threads to wider discussion!
Morlock

Yes of course you can.
Big Grin

I put Top Twenty films because I like making lists, and because I feel that my own top twenty are part of my private mythology, so I just assume everybody else feels as obsessively as I do about a very set number of books, films etc. It seems I was wrong!
By all means discuss all aspects of film. Shall I change the thread title then?
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise
I know, just because I was bored recently I was posting music vids on film thread, etc, I was just thinking anyone coming to threads might feel limited by title. And as the amount of ideas in the show declines, we might as well cast our minds everywhere. Wasn't it Foucault(citing Borges), who said that the important lists, have no obvious connection between the items.