Shelnard
I just noticed that my rant about this duo derailed this Shelnard thread a bit and turned it into a thread for criticizing the ship, so I apologize for that, Major Gripe. Here are some more Shelnard to compensate!

[Image: 394a1f0f1f97834c058.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mprli4yEoD1s9lgs0o1_r3_500.gif]

[Image: cf8d01ec24a6c47b5790cba5d83aa8c0.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mqa8yeivVL1s9lgs0o1_500.gif]
The following 4 users Like FranEssi's post:
  • Toad, Wisp, wellplayedpenny, Idle Miscreant
(03-05-2014, 01:25 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: I always had doubts about Leonard, because he triggers me for Reasons. I was uneasy with his manipulations of Sheldon over Missy, Stuart over Penny, his hijacking of Stephanie from Howard - but then he crossed so many lines with the can-opener. There wasn't a way to come back from that, you do not do that sort of thing to a friend, a fellow scientist, a fellow human-being. It wasn't a one-off, they did that for weeks and watched Sheldon unravel. So I can't see how he's a friend in any sense.

If Sheldon had screwed up his own work and run off in a tantrum, and Leonard had reluctantly put his thing with Penny on hold to go get him back, that would have been great and heart-warming. As it was - I'm afraid I think he's using Sheldon to make himself feel better, and he's a nasty little arse.

It needn't have been that way. There are so many examples of duos where there's a long-suffering normal one. But they are essentially decent, and somehow the writing of Leonard misfired badly.

(Basically, what FranEssi said. What am I even doing in this thread, it scares me as a concept...)

In other words the one with the decent in to villainy is not the one everyone thought it would be. Mua ha ha ha.
The following 3 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • devilbk, Jislane35, Trust No One
(03-11-2014, 09:22 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: In other words the one with the decent in to villainy is not the one everyone thought it would be. Mua ha ha ha.

Leonard and friends did not even want to go with Sheldon. They went so they needed to step up. No way I would have asked them to go after they cheered when Sheldon told them he was going. I would have taken anyone else.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
[Image: tumblr_n5nf720Wj21qdz44io3_250.gif]
[Image: Bn6OjJQIIAAacMX.jpg]

The Holmes/Watson Sheldon/Leonard similarities are so manifold that I can't even be arsed enumerating them.

There are of course certain differences between Leonard and Watson, insofar as I'm fairly sure John at no point sabotaged Sherlock's experiments, misled him into thinking he'd cracked a great scientific mystery and achieved the dream of his lifetime, then waved off his friend's devastation in favour of trying to have sex with a pretty blonde.

But aside from that, they are quite similar.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
Well, you've convinced me! Hooray time for a gif(why have a static picture,when........) [Image: Fist-Bump-Fail-Big-Bang-Theory.gif] Hey that's weird it's faster than when you posted it!
[Image: tumblr_lfg8mvNB481qdzmgoo1_500.jpg]
[Image: Shelnard_3x15A.png]
[Image: tumblr_m9hab5Sgef1rca8oyo6_250.gif]
[Image: MV5BMTgxMjEyOTY2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg5...SY720_.jpg]
[Image: MV5BMTI2OTE4MTcyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODQ5...SY333_.jpg]
[Image: TBBT_6x03_Sheldon_and_Leonard.jpg]
[Image: Sheldon-and-Leonard-The-Vacation-Solution.jpeg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, wellplayedpenny
[Image: Pilot-screencaps-big-bang-theory-2006647-624-352-1-.jpg] While walking up the stairs, just prior to this scene; (Leonard: And you were right about my motives, I was hoping to establish a relationship with Penny that might have some day led to sex.

Sheldon: Well you got me out of my pants.). And just prior to that; (Penny: So, what do you guys do for fun around here?

Sheldon: Well, today we tried masturbating for money).
okay just to warn you, I'm throwing dice, when deciding where to post!

The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
[Image: Star-Wars-Day-TBBT-Sheldon-and-Leonard.jpg] manlove!!!