2 Dirty Socks
37.50%
3 37.50%
3 Dirty Socks
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

8.06 The Expedition Approximation (Oct 20)
This thing with "physicists don't make big bucks" irks me. They've gone too far already. Yes, you won't be a millionaire if you have a degree in physics / math / chemistry etc. But you still earn more than the average Joe. Fits in perfectly with the fact that TBBT actually still discourages young people to get into science. Our [former] heros have been humiliated and emasculated so many times, it's not funny anymore.

SockSock
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 1 user Likes Berliner's post:
  • Louise
Another by the number episode from the writers.

The gang well ganging up on Sheldon and Raj, (this time with scooby doo and mine jokes) this just never gets old.

Penny's love for Leonard is palpable, especially with the eye rolls and fake smiles.

Bernadette bashes and completely emasculates Howard in front of friends..... Again (what a peach)

Sheldon proves he shouldn't be making any decisions by himself anymore ..... Again. (Hannah Montana, really?)

The basic science again is ....... wrong. I don't know where in the hell this salt mine is supposed to be, but most mines run 14-18 C (Or 57-75 F) and are 1/4 to 1/2 mile down. Seriously writers it's called Google and it takes like 2 minutes.

Redeeming scenes:
I loved how Sheldon and Raj actually were having a real discussion and we saw Sheldons heart for a brief minute.

Sheldon typing in hot dark and moist (oh look they have videos)

Amy's hardly in any Big Grin

I'm waffling between 1 and 2 dirty socks.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Quote:Seriously writers it's called Google and it takes like 2 minutes.

Google and TPTB are sworn enemies. This is shown by the fact that they can't come up with any science terms besides "Vortex", "Insufficiency", and "Recurrence."

The jobs/money/salary stuff with Howard and with Penny shows that TPTB are not doing even the most perfunctory research.

They are pulling info out of their....vortex Dodgy
The following 3 users Like Louise's post:
  • Nutz, lewstonewar, Berliner
(10-24-2014, 12:50 PM)Nutz Wrote: The basic science again is ....... wrong. I don't know where in the hell this salt mine is supposed to be, but most mines run 14-18 C (Or 57-75 F) and are 1/4 to 1/2 mile down. Seriously writers it's called Google and it takes like 2 minutes.

I made that exact point on the taping report thread. Hell, they don't even have the excuse that salt mine have nothing to do with their industry either.
Depleted salt mines is where they store film archives. Do they never watch or read about old movies? Watch TCM or AFI specials?

They seem to be under the impression natural caves and man-made mines are the same.