Season 8 WISH LIST *May contain spoilers*
(07-23-2014, 09:32 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: or a new career! I always though with her rodeo experience she should be a stunt woman.

Penny doesn't like to get dirty. But that probably changed.
I guess my wishlist for season 8 is the same as for season 6 and 7. I want Sheldon and Penny to advance in their careers and develop enough confidence to kick their sorry-excuse-for-a-boyfriend/girlfriend to the curb.

If Penny advances in her career and Leonard doesn't get tenure, then I can see a lot of friction and resentment building in their relationship (thanks to Leonard's insecurities and selfishness). Ideally, Penny would realize that a man who doesn't support her life goals is not a man she should marry and break off the engagement. Blossom
The following 5 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Tuesday Pajamas, devilbk, Gamma, Nutz
(07-24-2014, 10:11 PM)CassandraElise Wrote: I guess my wishlist for season 8 is the same as for season 6 and 7. I want Sheldon and Penny to advance in their careers and develop enough confidence to kick their sorry-excuse-for-a-boyfriend/girlfriend to the curb.

If Penny advances in her career and Leonard doesn't get tenure, then I can see a lot of friction and resentment building in their relationship (thanks to Leonard's insecurities and selfishness). Ideally, Penny would realize that a man who doesn't support her life goals is not a man she should marry and break off the engagement. Blossom

But shouldn't the less-than-satisfying sex be enough to keep them together?
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • CassandraElise, queenoftheDales
(07-23-2014, 12:38 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Or, if there is POSITIVE character growth it is seen on the bloody telly as opposed to being affirmed by supporting characters or plot points that fall from the sky. Having Leonard show Amy the screen saver, or Penny's Box of Memories does not change the fact that Amy and Sheldon spent their screen time bitching and being a childish ass and Leonard and Penny doing what they do best--showing they have nothing in common.

How can you say that! It's obvious that Penny LOVES Leonard with them showing that she kept a huge box of stuff from him. That is was easily picked up and rattled with emptiness since all it had was the four items that the prop people so lazily placed in it shouldn't distract from the message that they are meant for each other. Big Grin
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • wellplayedpenny
I can't be the only one whose solitary wish is that the show just finishes. Or gets different showrunners.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 2 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales
No, I want it to stop as well. I desperately want it to stop. It's just too wearying and upsetting.

If they're not going to restore Sheldon's dignity, mannerisms and purpose, then my whole reason for watching, being drawn to the show in the first place, and making the bloody fellow my muse is gone. I suspect most people here are in a similar, miserable boat. Possibly with a lamprey attached to the underside.

Unfortunately, breaking the connection is harder than we'd thought, when we originally wanted to circle the wagons and make this place a "haven" for the first 4 seasons (3 seasons for some). And it's starting to taint these early episodes. At the moment I don't want any fucking part of this show at all. And yet, here I am...

Horrible.

I have enough to occupy me in the ghastly outside world...My bloody philosophical allegory, horse racing, restoring a Viking Longship (huzzah!)...All honourably wanky things, but every time I start to relax and either enjoy myself or work solidly on my book, this despicable phantasm creeps up and says; We will destroy your muse, we will drown the fucker in suburbia and normalcy, we will eradicate anything unusual left in him, and we will sacrifice him on the alter of schmaltz and hormones. And those who care naught for his original character will gloat, because they see it as a private victory.

In truth it's nothing more than the victory of the common man over the Outsider, and that's nothing to gloat about.

I am feeling incredibly waffly and cranky tonight, but it's evident we're at the end of a rather lovely, lately violently unpleasant era folks. We shall have to abandon Sheldon, Penny & TBBT. Perhaps some of you chaps can hold on but I don't have the wherewithal.

If the tone of the first few episodes of S8 in any way suggests a change of focus for Sheldon, and a return to his original high-minded if "eccentric" self, then this waffle will be overhauled, and I shall tentatively continue to watch. If not (and it WILL be "not") I'm bollocking off with the speed of a thousand gods.

DAMN you TBBT! *shakes fist feebly*
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk, FlyingMonkey, Wisp
I think we're all whistling past the graveyard. We're hoping that what we know is going to happen, won't. But everything points to the next 3 seasons being the "AFF Conquers Sheldon" show.Puke:

It's best to leave now and remember the show as it was, not what it's going to become.cry
The following 1 user Likes FlyingMonkey's post:
  • queenoftheDales
Anyone want to guess the premier titles? I'll start....

8.01 The Ramblers Reinstatement

8.02 The Apartment Contention
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, devilbk
My predictions for some of the upcoming episodes;

The Punitive Inevitability

The Escapee Emasculation

The Humiliation Redux

The Dignity Recalibration

The Entitlement Vortex

The Character Integrity Inversion

The Coital Acquiescence

The Quotidian Enslavement

The Picket Fence Acquisition

Followed shortly by;

The Homo Novus Interment Oscillation

Which is a rather laboured and failed attempt at suggesting the old Sheldon is spinning in his grave.

I really wish I didn’t care anymore. I’m trying not to care. MUST TRY HARDER.

Think about the old seasons. I DO believe in fairies (old seasons), I DO believe in fairies (old seasons). Etc.

Currently watching;

The Idle Miscreant Despair Succumbment
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Wisp, devilbk
A great list IM and how about the synopses...? Tongue

The Punitive Inevitability - Sheldon returns to find Amy is angry because he didn't continue to stay in touch while he was away.

The Escapee Emasculation - Sheldon is made to move into Penny's apartment, by everyone, even strangers.

The Humiliation Redux - Sheldon gets fired on the same day that Leonard gets tenure.

The Dignity Recalibration - Penny gets a new job and Leonard feels threatened.

The Entitlement Vortex - Penny considers giving up the new job for Leonard, until Bernadette stops her.

The Character Integrity Inversion - Leonard gets Sheldon a job working for him, as his assistant.

The Coital Acquiescence - Amy gives Sheldon a sexual ultimatum and everyone backs her up, even strangers.

The Quotidian Enslavement - Sheldon finds Amy's coitus schedule gruelling and asks for advise from Penny (the token shenny ep)

The Picket Fence Acquisition - Everyone gets ready for Penny and Leonard's wedding, except Sheldon.

The Homo Novus Interment Oscillation - Sheldon finds a new field of research (discrediting Leonard's work) and somehow manages to destroy the wedding.

The Idle Miscreant Despair Succumbment - Penny and Leonard split up, after a hatted stranger gives her advice in a bar.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • queenoftheDales