Sherlockian Blether
I'm still bearing a very deep grudge over Donna's fate. And lord, yes, River Song - I cannot think of a more horrible ending for her than being an eternal babysitter to digital brats. She looked like she was going to be more canon Irene Adler than she turned out to be. (But then I had high hopes for reboot Adler, and see previous posts for rant/meltdown on subject.)
The following 2 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • lewstonewar, wellplayedpenny
(07-22-2014, 12:16 AM)SpaceAnJL Wrote: I'm still bearing a very deep grudge over Donna's fate. And lord, yes, River Song - I cannot think of a more horrible ending for her than being an eternal babysitter to digital brats. She looked like she was going to be more canon Irene Adler than she turned out to be. (But then I had high hopes for reboot Adler, and see previous posts for rant/meltdown on subject.)

Me too, love me a 'Journey's End' fix-it.
OT but yes, I was/am extremely grumped about Donna's fate. My favorite companion and she can't enjoy what she's done. Just rubbish.
Let's go exploring!
[Image: Bxx_UUkCIAA13eJ.jpg:large]
[Image: tumblr_mbe7oxNE5I1rslrfio1_500.jpg]

Tee hee hee!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Wisp, Tuesday Pajamas
What's your opinion of Jeremy Brett Holmes?
The following 1 user Likes Louise's post:
  • wellplayedpenny
Mark Gatiss is adorable.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
I've been watching 'Elementary' and enjoyed Johnny Lee Miller's Sherlock for the first season or so, but S3 opened this week and it's terrible. It's ALL about Lucy Lui as Watson and Sherlock is just sidelined, becoming more and more pathetic and wooden. It's lost it's way big time, Sherlock is supposed to be the star, not a side kick. Damn you Elementary for luring me in.

Johnny Lee Miller and Benedict Cumberbatch were in the stage play of Frankenstein together a couple of years back. It was sensational. They took turns to play Frankenstein and the monster. My friend went to see Johnny play the monster and I saw Benedict play him the week later. And we compared notes and disagreed over who we thought was the best doctor/monster.

So it didn't surprise me that they both were playing Sherlock in different productions. I was very interested to see how they would approach the character and it didn't disappoint. They played very different versions, unfortunately the writing in Elementary is letting Johnny down but I do still think he's a fine actor. My fave is still Cumberbatch and Freeman as Doctor Watson. He's wonderful.
[Image: 196vxf9edfz65gif.gif]
BC is an alien cat-boy. Seriously.

(Also, had to deal with one of those self-service swipe till thingies at the weekend. Pulled a Watson.)
[Image: sherlock.gif?w=640&h=611]
The following 3 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise, wellplayedpenny, Toad