Your Definitive "Jump The Shark" Moments
(05-27-2014, 06:31 AM)devilbk Wrote: And Sheldon was the only one to suffer for it (though Penny did have to put up with inadequate coitus).

I cringed when Leonard went at her. Ugh Morlock I knew then that the Leonard and Penny pair were gonna be just...bad.
(05-27-2014, 06:31 AM)devilbk Wrote: And Sheldon was the only one to suffer for it (though Penny did have to put up with inadequate coitus).

When fans object to the Shenny by saying that Sheldon would never do that to Leonard. I think to myself, Sheldon simply has to look back at this moment (he has an eidetic memory after all) and he would have no qualms about fucking up Leonard's life (no pun intended). Of course I don't want Shenny to come together under these circumstances - but by jingo it would be satisfying Big Grin

If the writers were thinking of giving Sheldon an epiphany over the summer (or if there was any justice in the world), this should be it. He should realise that his friends got away too lightly with what they did to him. He should come back with revenge on his mind.
The following 2 users Like spuffyfan's post:
  • Trust No One, ricardo shillyshally
(05-27-2014, 07:23 AM)spuffyfan Wrote: When fans object to the Shenny by saying that Sheldon would never do that to Leonard. I think to myself, Sheldon simply has to look back at this moment (he has an eidetic memory after all) and he would have no qualms about fucking up Leonard's life (no pun intended). Of course I don't want Shenny to come together under these circumstances - but by jingo it would be satisfying Big Grin

If the writers were thinking of giving Sheldon an epiphany over the summer (or if there was any justice in the world), this should be it. He should realise that his friends got away too lightly with what they did to him. He should come back with revenge on his mind.

This...

Sheldon needs to have an epiphany that everyone is trying to run his life and he needs to get back in control. Put a stop to the pushing and mothering by AFF (and by Leonard). I still can't believe the writers would go the route of dumbing Sheldon down to make their story lines work.

TPTB reducing Sheldon down to some uncaring, idiot boyfriend won't be jumping the shark; it'll be jumping the damn blue whale. Dodgy
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • ricardo shillyshally, Toad
(05-27-2014, 07:23 AM)spuffyfan Wrote: When fans object to the Shenny by saying that Sheldon would never do that to Leonard. I think to myself, Sheldon simply has to look back at this moment (he has an eidetic memory after all) and he would have no qualms about fucking up Leonard's life (no pun intended). Of course I don't want Shenny to come together under these circumstances - but by jingo it would be satisfying Big Grin

Sheldon should have turned all 3 friends in the second he fought out about the betrayal. I would have been signing to the heavens about what they did. Sheldon let everyone think he was incompetent. Angry
She chops up brains, and experiments on monkeys. [Image: Picture-93-640x356.png] WHY!!!!!!!!
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise
(05-27-2014, 07:23 AM)spuffyfan Wrote: If the writers were thinking of giving Sheldon an epiphany over the summer (or if there was any justice in the world), this should be it. He should realise that his friends got away too lightly with what they did to him. He should come back with revenge on his mind.

If Sheldon comes back from walkabout a supervillian I will definitely continue to watch it.
The following 5 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant, Gamma, Wisp, Toad
(06-10-2014, 10:19 PM)LewStonewar Wrote: If Sheldon comes back from walkabout a supervillian I will definitely continue to watch it.

Evil Sheldon (with a desire for Penny) would make the show just wonderful.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • queenoftheDales, lewstonewar, CassandraElise
Have to go back to the episode that made me curse my poor telly--Amy, Wil and Sheldon doing Fun With Flags and the moral of the episode being 'even if your girlfriend attacks a friend of yours for no reason, you still have to stand up for her when the friend justifiably defends himself'. This was for me the defining moment when I realized that the lessons Sheldon was learning regarding relationships weren't just a little off-kilter or strange or odd but instead were absolutely fucked up. And even worse, it wasn't just Amy doing the manipulation but the writers themselves in a very heavy-handed script. I mean LeVar Burton agreeing that Sheldon had to support Amy at the end of the show? Just garbage. Sock
Let's go exploring!
The following 6 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, FlyingMonkey, Toad, CassandraElise, Jomi25
(06-17-2014, 07:41 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Have to go back to the episode that made me curse my poor telly--Amy, Wil and Sheldon doing Fun With Flags and the moral of the episode being 'even if your girlfriend attacks a friend of yours for no reason, you still have to stand up for her when the friend justifiably defends himself'. This was for me the defining moment when I realized that the lessons Sheldon was learning regarding relationships weren't just a little off-kilter or strange or odd but instead were absolutely fucked up. And even worse, it wasn't just Amy doing the manipulation but the writers themselves in a very heavy-handed script. I mean LeVar Burton agreeing that Sheldon had to support Amy at the end of the show? Just garbage. Sock

And with alcohol and violence, no less. Wheaton's expression says it all really...

[Image: MV5BMTM5Mzk3MTU3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA1...SY720_.jpg]

Sheldon you poor fool, what have they done to you....
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
(06-17-2014, 07:41 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Have to go back to the episode that made me curse my poor telly--Amy, Wil and Sheldon doing Fun With Flags and the moral of the episode being 'even if your girlfriend attacks a friend of yours for no reason, you still have to stand up for her when the friend justifiably defends himself'. This was for me the defining moment when I realized that the lessons Sheldon was learning regarding relationships weren't just a little off-kilter or strange or odd but instead were absolutely fucked up. And even worse, it wasn't just Amy doing the manipulation but the writers themselves in a very heavy-handed script. I mean LeVar Burton agreeing that Sheldon had to support Amy at the end of the show? Just garbage. Sock

It was also a foreshadowing that the show would now center around Amy and her demands and what she feels she deserves.

DON'T WATCH IT ANYMORE!! You won't like what you find. You've been warned.Shock
The following 2 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • queenoftheDales, wellplayedpenny