8.33%
1 8.33%
The Occupation Recalibration
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favorite Shenny Episode?
From what my o'ertaxed brain is capable of piecing together, the more readily recognised Top 20 Shenny Episodes are as follows;

1.01 The Pancake Batter Anomaly
2.03 The Barbarian Sublimation
2.07 The Panty Pinata Polarization
2.11 The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis
2.18 The Work Song Nanocluster
2.21 The Vegas Renormalization
3.08 The Adhesive Duck Deficiency
3.10 The Gorilla Experiment
3.20 The Spaghetti Catalyst
4.14 The Thespian Catalyst
5.02 The Infestation Hypothesis
5.18 The Werewolf Transformation
6.04 The Re-Entry Minimization
6.17 The Monster Isolation
7.01 The Hofstadter Insufficiency
7.02 The Deception Verification
7.03 The Scavenger Vortex
7.13 The Occupation Recalibration
7.20 The Relationship Diremption
7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence

Although potentially one of these could be interchangeable. There's a significant Shenny scene in all of the following;

Pilot
Big Bran
Luminous Fish
Electric Can Opener Fluctuation
The Guitarist Amplification
The Pants Alternative
The Apology Insufficiency
The Shiny Trinket Maneuver
The Decoupling Fluctuation
Spoiler Alert Segmentation

Etc etc. Can't flagellate my brain into coming up with any more at the moment...Have I missed any, folks? I'm sure plenty.

Adhesive Duck, Vegas Renormalization and Panty Pinata are my favourites...

Duck because it's flawless, and the B plot is terribly well done. Ditto the B plot on Vegas, with the lads in...er, Vegas. Technically I suppose that could be called the A plot, but with Sheldon and Penny as the two most popular characters, they invariably dominate the show when they're together. And Vegas is just so BLATANT about how odd and ambiguous their relationship is that it fascinates me.

Pinata because Panties. And everything else. The ratcheting tension is remarkable. It's also again, flawlessly constructed.

More thoughts on Shenny episodes later, when my thoughts are properly assembled, and not spilling everywhere like a nest of pigs....
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Jomi25, Jislane35
(05-01-2014, 11:13 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: From what my o'ertaxed brain is capable of piecing together, the more readily recognised Top 20 Shenny Episodes are as follows;

1.01 The Pancake Batter Anomaly
2.03 The Barbarian Sublimation
2.07 The Panty Pinata Polarization
2.11 The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis
2.18 The Work Song Nanocluster
2.21 The Vegas Renormalization
3.08 The Adhesive Duck Deficiency
3.10 The Gorilla Experiment
3.20 The Spaghetti Catalyst
4.14 The Thespian Catalyst
5.02 The Infestation Hypothesis
5.18 The Werewolf Transformation
6.04 The Re-Entry Minimization
6.17 The Monster Isolation
7.01 The Hofstadter Insufficiency
7.02 The Deception Verification
7.03 The Scavenger Vortex
7.13 The Occupation Recalibration
7.20 The Relationship Diremption
7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence

Although potentially one of these could be interchangeable. There's a significant Shenny scene in all of the following;

Pilot
Big Bran
Luminous Fish
Electric Can Opener Fluctuation
The Guitarist Amplification
The Pants Alternative
The Apology Insufficiency
The Shiny Trinket Maneuver
The Decoupling Fluctuation
Spoiler Alert Segmentation

Etc etc. Can't flagellate my brain into coming up with any more at the moment...Have I missed any, folks? I'm sure plenty.

Adhesive Duck, Vegas Renormalization and Panty Pinata are my favourites...

Duck because it's flawless, and the B plot is terribly well done. Ditto the B plot on Vegas, with the lads in...er, Vegas. Technically I suppose that could be called the A plot, but with Sheldon and Penny as the two most popular characters, they invariably dominate the show when they're together. And Vegas is just so BLATANT about how odd and ambiguous their relationship is that it fascinates me.

Pinata because Panties. And everything else. The ratcheting tension is remarkable. It's also again, flawlessly constructed.

More thoughts on Shenny episodes later, when my thoughts are properly assembled, and not spilling everywhere like a nest of pigs....

Forgot to add vegas as one of my favorites as well...
I have to say Duck, Vegas, and Pancake are my favorites. There's something about the episodes that have Penny and Sheldon as the A plot and the three boys as the B plot that really works.

As runner-ups I would have to say Workplace, Panty, and Bath.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
Judging by Major Gripe's hasty list of Shenny-centric episodes, a bulk of them were this season. Even though this season will never compare to that of S1-3, there were some profound Shenny moments. I wish they weren't a Shamy diversion. Tptb did spend a decent about of time acknowledging the Shenny relationship, however platonic, and how the pair supports each other. My opinion is that it amplifies how horribly awkward the other relationships are on the show at the moment.

I think outside of The Pilot, The Occupation Recalibration was a pivotal moment with the pair. It showed that Sheldon was the supportive friend (not the condescending asshole everyone is portraying him to be) and that just maybe it's LEONARD that maybe the unsupportive jerk. And really, Shenny doing yoga? That's gonna be hard to beat.

[Image: ustv-big-bang-theory-occupation-recalibr...till-3.jpg]
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • devilbk, Toad
Another Shenny-centric episode favorite of mine is "The Barbarian Sublimation". I have so many favorite moments in that episode. Everything was simply hilarious and the exchanges between Penny and Sheldon about AoC were precious. It kinda reminds me of the conversations I used to have with one of my friends when he got me hooked on an RPG game, too. XD I also liked how Leonard was always like "WTF?" whenever he sees the Shenny together. That precious innuendo at the end never gets old for me. The quiver in Leonard's voice when he said "Sheldon, you wanna catch me up again?"...Big Grin He was so worried. XD

I wish they could've done more episodes like this.
The following 1 user Likes Jomi25's post:
  • Nutz
Can I add the "Anything can happen reoccurance"? =D Awesome ShennySode.