46.15%
6 46.15%
3 Dirty Socks
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.23 The Gorilla Dissolution
So I cant say my reaction was any different than Queens, so here is my contribution

[Image: So2xrt4.gif]

The opening scene. That got me thinking back to the first season when Leonard and Sheldon were pushing a box up the stairs to Penny's apartment and let it go crashing down the stairs. [Image: Oh-gravity.gif] Sorry so much funnier than having a box fall down the stairs and injure Howards mom. Especially since it just set up a tired premise. Yes some of Howard and Bernadette's back and forth was kind of funny, but the rest was pretty meh.

I missed most of Sheldon and Raj, but I did catch Sheldon' s comment about the relationship agreement. That was kind of funny. The chemical castration was stupid. Where did that even come from. How did that in any way really relate to what Sheldon was talking about. Just no.

I like Emily fine but the last thing this show needs is another full time cast member(unless we could get rid of someone) so I am kind of mixed about her and Raj. Who knows she may be gone by the beginning of next season.

Sorry the proposal was, well really it was exactly what I have come to expect from Lenny, underwhelming and sort of off. I know that there are people that will think it is just the cutest thing, but really how can you respect a pair that the writers couldn't bring together until Penny had failed at everything in her life. They just couldn't have them come together on equal footing. I don't like Lenny but I could have at least had some respect for the show and the couple if they would have had Penny have success in something and then accept Leonard. But no we cannot have that. So no matter how much they have the character of Penny protest that she is not settling, that she wants to marry Leonard because he is Leonard, it does not come off that way to me. It definitely comes off as Penny not knowing what her next move will be and deciding that Leonard would be the good safe choice so what the hell, why not. And really Leonard carrying around a ring in your wallet for a couple of years. Weird. If you had it why not use it for a proper proposal instead of those faux proposals you made and then held over Penny's head. Bleah
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 5 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Satnight815, CassandraElise
We're dealing with parallel versions of the same theme here. Penny has lost everything but Leonard. We know what she decided. At one point next week Sheldon will have lost everything but Amy. We know what Sheldon does. The comedy gods cannot allow both Penny and Sheldon to make the same choice. Structure demands that we see next season what each choice results in. So there need to be two different choices. Is that at all clear or is it just too late at night? I predict that Sheldon and Amy will definitely not be together.

And I have a sterling record of zero correct predictions since my last wrong one.

(05-09-2014, 11:44 AM)Gamma12 Wrote: So I cant say my reaction was any different than Queens, so here is my contribution

[Image: So2xrt4.gif]

The opening scene. That got me thinking back to the first season when Leonard and Sheldon were pushing a box up the stairs to Penny's apartment and let it go crashing down the stairs. [Image: Oh-gravity.gif] Sorry so much funnier than having a box fall down the stairs and injure Howards mom. Especially since it just set up a tired premise. Yes some of Howard and Bernadette's back and forth was kind of funny, but the rest was pretty meh.

I missed most of Sheldon and Raj, but I did catch Sheldon' s comment about the relationship agreement. That was kind of funny. The chemical castration was stupid. Where did that even come from. How did that in any way really relate to what Sheldon was talking about. Just no.

I like Emily fine but the last thing this show needs is another full time cast member(unless we could get rid of someone) so I am kind of mixed about her and Raj. Who knows she may be gone by the beginning of next season.

Sorry the proposal was, well really it was exactly what I have come to expect from Lenny, underwhelming and sort of off. I know that there are people that will think it is just the cutest thing, but really how can you respect a pair that the writers couldn't bring together until Penny had failed at everything in her life. They just couldn't have them come together on equal footing. I don't like Lenny but I could have at least had some respect for the show and the couple if they would have had Penny have success in something and then accept Leonard. But no we cannot have that. So no matter how much they have the character of Penny protest that she is not settling, that she wants to marry Leonard because he is Leonard, it does not come off that way to me. It definitely comes off as Penny not knowing what her next move will be and deciding that Leonard would be the good safe choice so what the hell, why not. And really Leonard carrying around a ring in your wallet for a couple of years. Weird. If you had it why not use it for a proper proposal instead of those faux proposals you made and then held over Penny's head. Bleah

Don't think Emily will be joining the cast full time. She's also playing a girlfriend on Bones. She's actually doing both gigs at the same time. It's been worked out.
The following 5 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35, Idle Miscreant, Jomi25, queenoftheDales, Satnight815
Here it is, our very first review on the main site. Very exciting...

Feel free to comment if you so wish...

http://www.shennyhq.com/#!reviews/c1jeg

[Image: 13826_900.png]
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Satnight815, Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Trust No One, Nutz
The review on the main site is brilliant. It's nice to see a review that isn't ego-stroking this show. [GO READ IT] :applause:

(05-09-2014, 11:44 AM)Gamma12 Wrote: So no matter how much they have the character of Penny protest that she is not settling, that she wants to marry Leonard because he is Leonard, it does not come off that way to me. It definitely comes off as Penny not knowing what her next move will be and deciding that Leonard would be the good safe choice so what the hell, why not.

This exactly. The writers have been back and forth with Penny's level of commitment from the start. It seems like every step this "ship" has taken was pushed. Their first date, the first "I love you" (which is hardly ever uttered by both parties), even the on again/off again bs. These proposals have been no different. Penny is settling, history has shown she is doubtful of her commitment to Leonard. She has no direction right now and on top of everything her boyfriend decides, in the wake of another failure, to be whiny and insecure. It suddenly became the Leonard show, so Penny tells Leonard what he wants to hear: Let's get married. It'll shut him up for a bit while she gets things figured out.

What the fangirls are forgetting is that an engagement is NOT permanent and there is probably going to be another season shitty relationship drama.
The following 7 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Satnight815, Jislane35, Trust No One, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Nutz, Berliner
(05-09-2014, 10:25 PM)queenoftheDales Wrote: The review on the main site is brilliant. It's nice to see a review that isn't ego-stroking this show. [GO READ IT] :applause:

This exactly. The writers have been back and forth with Penny's level of commitment from the start. It seems like every step this "ship" has taken was pushed. Their first date, the first "I love you" (which is hardly ever uttered by both parties), even the on again/off again bs. These proposals have been no different. Penny is settling, history has shown she is doubtful of her commitment to Leonard. She has no direction right now and on top of everything her boyfriend decides, in the wake of another failure, to be whiny and insecure. It suddenly became the Leonard show, so Penny tells Leonard what he wants to hear: Let's get married. It'll shut him up for a bit while she gets things figured out.

What the fangirls are forgetting is that an engagement is NOT permanent and there is probably going to be another season shitty relationship drama.

This was an excellent review on the main site. I agree queen the fangirls are in for a shock if they think the Lenny's are just going to go into a smooth marriage. The problems have just started. If Leonard was a good guy he should have insisted that they are not getting engaged when Penny is at a low point. The hero Leonard took advantage again just like when he slept with a bombed Penny after her lousy date with Zach.
The following 2 users Like Trust No One's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35
(05-09-2014, 11:17 PM)ses1515 Wrote: This was an excellent review on the main site. I agree queen the fangirls are in for a shock if they think the Lenny's are just going to go into a smooth marriage. The problems have just started. If Leonard was a good guy he should have insisted that they are not getting engaged when Penny is at a low point. The hero Leonard took advantage again just like when he slept with a bombed Penny after her lousy date with Zach.

Leonard is neither a good or nice guy. He's a guy who has gotten away with every mean, nasty or selfish thing he has ever done. Of course he would take advantage of Penny being at a low point. He helped get her there.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, Jislane35
(05-10-2014, 12:37 AM)devilbk Wrote: Leonard is neither a good or nice guy. He's a guy who has gotten away with every mean, nasty or selfish thing he has ever done. Of course he would take advantage of Penny being at a low point. He helped get her there.

This is a good point. The writers are trying to do a character backtrack with Leonard as well as AFF. Trying to have him underfoot of Penny to show he cares and supports her. It's bullshit. And I bet if this engagement goes sour Penny will be to blame because Leonard pulled his usual insecure bs to push the proposal. He had reservations and it'll look like SHE pushed HIM.

On a separate topic, Sheldon's conversation with Raj regarding intimacy with AFF was interesting. Sheldon says that he's not worried about Amy straying because she signed the agreement to not have any physical contact with anyone other than him. Raj says, "But you don't even have sex," and Sheldon smirks and says, "Slick, huh?"

I think Sheldon knows what he is doing with AFF and he knows she isn't going any where without ridding herself of the RA. Either way, he benefits as he is half-hearted into the relationship anyhow. Well played.
[Image: tumblr_lsyi6o6CK71qzj9lko1_500.gif]
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Will_I_BGraded_OnThis, Jislane35
the dirtiest of dirty socks!
do you know when athletes don't wash their socks and jock straps because they're lucky... well these socks have seen 12 superbowls...stinky.
i thought i had seen some bad proposals... i have actually HAD some bad proposals.... but this tops them all.

instead of i do at the wedding it will be . ehh what the hell. why not?

how can you push a relationship where not only do the actors look unhappy but the words they use are unhappy. does anyone remember the friends proposal between monica and chandler... that was nice...
it was a vegas proposal bad. drunk vegas proposal bad. does anyone remember the proposal between ross and rachel in vegas... THAT was better than this proposal
a proposal like that only goes over well in vegas, tijuana and for human trafficking.
i could get a better proposal from a crazy old drug addicted hobo asking for change.... at least that's sincere.
it's like they give us these really great shenny heavy episodes to make this crappy lenny go down.
but you can put all the whip cream you want over it, a latte made with rotten milk tastes pretty crappy.
... and i'm done (drops metaphorical microphone on the ground and fashionably walks away)
If I were REALLY smart... I would have brought a second pair of underpants.

I don't have avatars...AVATARS HAVE ME!

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 9 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Gamma, devilbk, Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz, Berliner, Toad, Jomi25
Give it some socks people, the laundry basket poll is open for business.

SockSock
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
Socks, socks, socks, that's all you people think about... Big Grin
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, Jislane35, Toad