Kaley gets hair cut (for real this time)
(04-01-2015, 09:51 PM)Missy Fan Wrote: The show has really not done much with this job at all. Have we even seen Penny doing anything with this job? The hair is not the issue. The issue is putting Penny with a loser like Leonard. The Penny character was not meant for a boring life.

Actually, I believe that TPTB think that Penny should be punished for the life she led before hooking up with Leonard and a boring existence with him is that punishment. It's typical male bullshit.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Trust No One
(04-01-2015, 10:23 PM)devilbk Wrote: Actually, I believe that TPTB think that Penny should be punished for the life she led before hooking up with Leonard and a boring existence with him is that punishment. It's typical male bullshit.

Wow I never thought of it like that. Penny had too much fun and was quite content with that. She much makes amends. Gah that's horrendous. Shock
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • lewstonewar, devilbk
(04-01-2015, 10:23 PM)devilbk Wrote: Actually, I believe that TPTB think that Penny should be punished for the life she led before hooking up with Leonard and a boring existence with him is that punishment. It's typical male bullshit.

Sure seems like it dev. The marriage thing with Zach sure seemed like they wanted Penny to look like a fool.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • devilbk
Well, it's similar to Sheldon. How dare he be content as a lone individual, striving for intangible reward? Or even Howard, who was looking for love, but was quite happy to settle for sex when and where he could get it. They've all been broken down into dull puppets. The only people who are allowed to achieve their ambitions (too mundane to be classified as dreams) are those who want conformist, material things, possibly as some form of revenge as measured by their own stunted scale.
The following 3 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • devilbk, Nutz, Idle Miscreant
And now she's tries pink...

[Image: 2822F45000000578-0-image-a-1_1430315145688.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jomi25
Does only long hair have feminine appeal?

[Image: penny.jpg]
I actually prefer Kaley with short hair.
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Jomi25
(05-01-2015, 05:10 AM)devilbk Wrote: I actually prefer Kaley with short hair.

I like Kaley with short hair too, but I hate it on Penny. It has nothing to do with beauty, but perception of the character.

The long hair helped perceive the character as a fun, flirty, and free. In season 7 they contained her hair as much as possible and when it was down, it was lackluster, undyed and all around depressing. Now in season 8 we have the serious Penny look, which doesn't work for numerous reasons. The tip of the iceberg being Leonard would definitely not be o.k. with his girlfriend looking like Ellen DeGeneres. (and that has more to do with how it's being styled by the show)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The other factor that comes into play is that short-haired Penny looks way too classy to be engaged to Leonard or be friends with Amy and Bernadette and have no other friends.
I prefer the longer hair on Penny myself but the public's anger and attitude towards Kaley over a haircut is so shallow and OTT. Yes, I think Penny is a long-hair type of character but how convenient that some blame this for the current ratings dive. Angry How about the fact the writers put Penny in a dull job, instead of making the career change something more suited to her character. Or the fact the stories are just nowhere near as good. Confused

Or the fact that Sheldon is unrecognisable now that Jim is so camp onscreen, they may as well make Sheldon fall in love with Leonard. It's much more logical than this nonsense that he's growing into the idea of sex with Amy! Are we supposed to believe in the concept of delayed adolescence in a 40 year old man, whose body has been fully functional for decades? It's a complete fabrication and just looks as though he doesn't find her sexually appealing. It's been 5 years and I'm sure next season they will reinvent him as a sexual character and this is what all the S/A fans are waiting for.

The later BB seasons are a wish-filfulment show and this is how it's so popular. It started off as something I could identify with. The outsider loving his place in the world regardless of what anyone else thought. To me it was always about Sheldon and Penny, two people meeting their match in someone who was more like them, than they could initial see. Now it's all fantasing about that unattainable someone. The Penny who is just out of reach and inexplicably shackled to the dull nerd, with no backbone. Although we never actually know why, all we know is that it's there. And it continues to be there until the public get used to it. Then there's the sexually ambiguous male, who is 'turned' by the right woman. I guess the idea of Sheldon and Penny as a friendship that worked it's way to understanding and eventually love, had no chance against the forced relationships, that people WISH worked in real life.

I still see Penny's forced smiles and lack of enthusiasm which the writers slip in, as a tease. Because they know their OTP is so deeply flawed they probably can't believe how anyone is buying it. And Sheldon who is now dressing in old mans shirts and seems to have had all his intellect sucked out his ear-hole, is now a plot device to the new star of the show, Amy. Now I might have enjoyed Amy if we didn't have to lose Sheldon in her takeover. She gets all the funny lines because the writers are so bored with the others they don't seem to care that much about writing for them. But the idea of her and Sheldon as a couple, will never work for me. I can believe Penny is settling for Leonard and it MIGHT be possible in some form, but Sheldon's transformation sits uncomfortably between completely improbable to distasteful mock-grooming. There's something creepy about Amy. There's a lot of reasons why I should like her, but no matter what they do or how softly she speaks, the creepy just doesn't go away. As you can see, I find it hard to be objective about her character. I suspect by S10 the entire show will be hers, and all the characters will just be there to set up the jokes. She will be the new main character, like Sheldon was. Nothing to be said about that, except I plan to grimace every time I see people say she saved the show. From what? Being a cult classic.