Kaley gets hair cut (for real this time)
Looks great on her! I wanna see her sport this shorter hairstyle on the show. I think the last time she wore her hair short was way back in season 2? I think the short hair would give Penny a bit of her former spunk back, even just in the appearance department.
(04-30-2014, 01:46 PM)Jomi25 Wrote: I think the short hair would give Penny a bit of her former spunk back, even just in the appearance department.

I think so too... but why is short hair always spunky? I have curly hair and everyone thinks... oh she must be chipper! But no, it's just my hair... I mean it's on my head but we have a polite armistice... i let it alone and it lets me alone. I am allowed to wash it, comb it and brush it... Any attempts at drastic style change, use of chemicals or heat to alter the curls will be responded back with use of deadly force.
So it's not chipper at all. In fact it's kinda of a bitch.
... But yeah i hope it means a spunkier her too, longer hair on veronica mars meant a bad season. There is some kind of science to hair and personality... and that is all I am legally allowed to say...
If I were REALLY smart... I would have brought a second pair of underpants.

I don't have avatars...AVATARS HAVE ME!

*italicized for your viewing pleasure... and mine. I don't always wear my glasses.
The following 2 users Like Will_I_BGraded_OnThis's post:
  • Toad, Wisp
Longer Sheldon hair correlated with the steep drop of Sheldon charm.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
Well this thread has certainly taken an interesting turn. Whatever our hair suggests about our personalities though, it also has, at times, a political/cultural aspect.

I recently ran across a photo of my grandmother's high school graduating class (ca. 1927/1928), and all the girls had these Louise Brooks-ian "helmets."

[Image: 345kd4n.jpg]

By then the bob cut was no longer considered quite so scandalous, but, whether they knew it or not, those southern farm girls were expressing a sort of incipient emancipation with their hair.
OH PLEASE...
The following 2 users Like Toad's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Wisp
(05-01-2014, 09:05 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: Well this thread has certainly taken an interesting turn. Whatever our hair suggests about our personalities though, it also has, at times, a political/cultural aspect.

I recently ran across a photo of my grandmother's high school graduating class (ca. 1927/1928), and all the girls had these Louise Brooks-ian "helmets."

[Image: 345kd4n.jpg]

By then the bob cut was no longer considered quite so scandalous, but, whether they knew it or not, those southern farm girls were expressing a sort of incipient emancipation with their hair.

I love that cut.

I wonder if the writers will drop Penny's bimbo act with the shorter hair.
By the time the show is back Kaley's hair will be longer. I suspect the bob is just a summer cut.
(05-01-2014, 10:10 AM)devilbk Wrote: By the time the show is back Kaley's hair will be longer. I suspect the bob is just a summer cut.

Maybe by a couple of inches, which would put it about shoulder length. but it's still really short for a drunken loser. They'll probably put her in extensions.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
I feel...very disappointed in Penny. And that's ridiculous, because obviously she has no choice in what she does, not being a real human. So I am disappointed in what the writers have done with her. But there is still a very strong sense of her being a genuine person I know who has lost their way, and given up. Possibly because Kaley plays her so naturally. Which makes it painful to watch.
I think Kaley has a Lucille Ball capability for comedy, and her timing is impeccable, so watching her character being marginalized and Kaley herself not seeming to give a damn (although what do I know?) seems such a hideous waste of talent.

This thread is about haircuts, so I'll get back to that.
I always favoured the flapper look. Particularly Dorothy Sebastian's brand of it.
[Image: Sebastian13.jpg]
[Image: 5991860_1_l.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz, Jomi25
I have to be honest, I prefer the bob Kaley had before, she went for the pixie crop. But it can be oddly liberating getting rid of long hair. I've done it myself many years ago. Still ,I hope she goes back to the bob myself, as I think it suits Penny better.

The worse thing about it is, people are blaming the hair cut for the way the character has changed. But Pennys new job is as much to blame. It's too boring. They want to give revelance to Bernadette and Amy, by showing they have had a positive influence on her but its all wrong for her character. Penny is at her best, when she's a creative dreamer and a little irresponsible. They have really boxed her in, with this sales rep job. It lacks imagination. I had hopes it was going to be good for her but there's something way too sterile about the way they are executing it. The boring suits! It reminds me of Sheldon in that awful grey thing he wears now. All you have to do is look a Pennys bright apartment to see who she is, unless they are going to change that as well Sad
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Trust No One, Gamma, Nutz, Idle Miscreant
(04-01-2015, 09:38 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I have to be honest, I prefer the bob Kaley had before, she went for the pixie crop. But it can be oddly liberating getting rid of long hair. I've done it myself many years ago. Still ,I hope she goes back to the bob myself, as I think it suits Penny better.

The worse thing about it is, people are blaming the hair cut for the way the character has changed. But Pennys new job is as much to blame. It's too boring. They want to give revelance to Bernadette and Amy, by showing they have had a positive influence on her but its all wrong for her character. Penny is at her best, when she's a creative dreamer and a little irresponsible. They have really boxed her in, with this sales rep job. It lacks imagination. I had hopes it was going to be good for her but there's something way too sterile about the way they are executing it. The boring suits! It reminds me of Sheldon in that awful grey thing he wears now. All you have to do is look a Pennys bright apartment to see who she is, unless they are going to change that as well Sad

The show has really not done much with this job at all. Have we even seen Penny doing anything with this job? The hair is not the issue. The issue is putting Penny with a loser like Leonard. The Penny character was not meant for a boring life.