Theoretical science discussion!
Those things are right in the Uncanny Valley, they creep me out. The push towards sci-fi film this year all seems to be Frankenstein A.I/creepy lifebots - I mean, there's 'Automata', 'Ex Machina', 'Chappie'...
This guy Hiroshi Ishiguro is slowly making robotic copies of himself, and everyone around him. They copy physical form, and simulate movement. They don't seem far behind fiction. I wonder how close they are to implanting memories!

I have read about a team trying to digitalize human consciousness. This is some work they're doing with double amputees. I obviously takes a while to get used to. [Image: dm3wpp26s4i68yqvrxbi.gif]
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Louise
There is an ironic karma; the robot designers of Silent Running and Star Wars had seen amputees and short people in Freaks. [Image: tumblr_m379otzqCh1ro2c2ro7_r2_400.gif] They realised they could control robots. Inspiring scientist/sci fi freaks to create robotic legs, so amputees can now walk, easily.[Image: the_amazing_capabilities_of_prosthetic_limbs_04.gif] As technology advances, we should all start considering which limbs, organs, to replace.
[Image: 498713936_640.jpg] I know I shouldn't be surprised, but we are living in a 'sci fi reality'. It's genuinely REALLY EXCITING!!! http://www.theguardian.com/technology/20...experience
[Image: 01-23-15.gif]
Let's go exploring!
The following 2 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, queenoftheDales
Like the idea, bit hectic, but they could do this with; fuel left, resources, all the info needed to fly Earth, and maybe some sort of forward view of cosmos. I also like this fun one>[Image: pQT0l.gif] I'm sure my PC is becoming sentient, it certainly won't obey me anymore, Skynet and other apocalypse delusions!
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas
Quantum seems to be the new kid on the block. There's a lot of articles about how:

"Everything we know about The Big Bang Theory could be wrong".

Oh the title just tickles me. Well of course! just ask the Shennys Big Grin Big Grin

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/12/everythi...g_partner/
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise, devilbk
I'm still trying to get my head around that re-think, black holes are fascinating and could be shifting matter through different dimensions. Just like Sheldon thinking his way out of Texas, Einstein thought his way out of Judaism. I think we've been caught in his genius. [Image: tumblr_lfl692oqum1qdsmoho1_500.gif]
It has always been a bit mind bending when theoretical physicists tell us that the cosmos started at a point of infinite density. And although The Theory of General Relativity helped form this view, and Einstein predicted gravitational waves, it seems he believed in the new model; 'In what follows, I would like to draw attention to a solution to equation (1) that can account for Hubbel’s facts, and in which the density is constant over time.” And: “If one considers a physically bounded volume, particles of matter will be continually leaving it. For the density to remain constant, new particles of matter must be continually formed in the volume from space.”(Einstein) ie: it's dark matter forming which creates the expansion. 'A century ago, Einstein’s powerful field equations of gravitation showed the way forward. His uncanny intuition about the universe prevailed despite temporary reversals, and his decades-old insights are now at the cutting edge of modern physics and cosmology, helping us shed light on the greatest mysteries of all: the nature of matter, gravity, time, space, and the mysterious dark energy pushing it all outwards.', from http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2...Od45Pmo2PU