0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.22 The Proton Transmogrification
(05-02-2014, 03:17 AM)devilbk Wrote: The only one of the bunch with any real talent in the kitchen is Raj. I can't imagine how A & B would have made such a cake. There's no way they have the correct tools or oven.

And of course they made it in Penny's apartment. The first place I would go for all my baking needs and utensils. Rolleyes
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Trust No One, devilbk, Jislane35
(05-02-2014, 09:15 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote: And of course they made it in Penny's apartment. He first place I would go for all my baking needs and utensils. Rolleyes

Amy and Bernie have some little clique going on. Rather see this than Shamy scenes. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
(05-02-2014, 09:19 AM)ses1515 Wrote: Amy and Bernie have some little clique going on. Rather see this than Shamy scenes. Tongue

Agreed.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
(05-02-2014, 09:19 AM)ses1515 Wrote: Amy and Bernie have some little clique going on. Rather see this than Shamy scenes. Tongue

And it was boring as all get-out, too.
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-fe...ton-698839
Here's an article to read, whilst you're mulling over the scintillating reviews you're all going to leave in the thread here. Even one sentence. If we stay in the grumblebox, it'll be Monty Python references till dawn...

HE HAS GIVEN US....HIS SHOE!
[Image: life-of-brian.jpg]

EDIT - FINE, 3 of you HAVE left one sentence reviews...You are pardoned.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, queenoftheDales
This episode was just ok for me. Not bad, but not particularly better than any some of the more decent episodes this season.

It's like breath of fresh air to just have the guys and Penny hanging out again in the opening scene. It was reminiscent of the earlier seasons with no god-awful whining. Seeing the guys be excited about their hobbies without being put down (Penny's line was minor), was nice.

Im no Shelnard fan, but their interactions were funny and didn't seem over acted. This first hug was Vintage Sheldon all the way, at least for me it was. This JP is missed and I hope we get more of this. The morning of the funeral with Penny, Howard and Raj was cute with all the Star Wars food reference and Penny/Kaley's valiant effort to try to hid a smile did not go unnoticed. Rolleyes

The scene with AFF and Bernie was boring. I think it showcased that those two character aren't even relevant to the episode and that their chemistry is off too. They could have not had their subplot and it wouldn't have changed anything about the episode. I used to like the Old Bernadette, but now she is just bleh.

Lenny was boring too. I mean, I laughed at the "Toy Story 3" line, but it was kind of dry other than that. It's like 2 people who are forced to hang out with each other. And now Penny is emotionless? hmmmm maybe it's being stuck with Leonard that has her so...cold. Her facial expressions were funny though and there wasn't really too much whining on Leonard's part so not bad, just bleh. (On a more shallow note, what the hell is going on with Penny in that suit?? I could have sworn she wore it better before....)

Bob Newhart saved this episode from neutral/smelly sock territory though. Sheldon and Proton's interaction was great. It was funny the whole time. Sheldon's face when Proton had the light saber was comical. Nice try with the emotional stuff pertaining to Sheldon. It's not often, if ever that we see that side of him NOT pertaining to some bs that to justify Shamy. I do think it's odd how the writers want to dig into the Sheldon character all of a sudden this season. Ulterior motives maybe? Confused

The second Shelnard hug was an "awww" moment --insert eye roll here-- but I'm glad they lightened it up with Sheldon getting back into character about watching the movies with the guys all over again.

The tag scene showed Penny taking an interest in the guys hobbies, like she's always done. Why is it that some think she is just this evil character that hates hanging out with the guys when it's their significant others that do nothing but avoid and ridicule them? Dodgy

I haven't decided what rank I'm going to give this episode....
The following 4 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Satnight815
(05-02-2014, 09:24 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: And it was boring as all get-out, too.

The show ground to a halt. And the two scientists never realized that spherical objects roll. Gravity, not just a theory. It's the law.
The following 4 users Like devilbk's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Gamma, Jislane35, Satnight815
[Image: xpenny-learns-about-star-wars-day.jpg.pa...rQ2Mfq.jpg]

Nice picture of Penny and all the guys with all of them excited about Star Wars Day.

It was not the most exciting episode, but it had some nice elements. The cake baking plot seemed like an afterthought. Like they have these two characters and the writers have to do something with them. I could have sworn that we already had at least one episode where the girls talked about why they got into science, or at least Bernadette had when Penny was talking to her about being passionate about something. Oh well, at least it got them away from the rest of the group.

I liked the Sheldon and Leonard interaction this episode. It came across as sincere and just nice. Sheldons reaction when Leonard hugged him seemed very true.

Penny and Leonard, for me they are either the worlds most boring pair or the poster couple for dysfunction. There is not much middle ground. This one was mostly boring, but Leonard was pushing the being a asshat line. That's him all over, he never knows when to let go.

The guys hanging out was nice. I love that Raj came up with all of those star wars themed names for his food, and Penny fighting al the way to deny that she knew what they meant.

Love Bob Newhart and his dry delivery. He and JP played really well off of each other and the scenes between them had some nice laughs. At least the poignant push in this episode was a little more understated than some of the writers past attempts.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 4 users Like Gamma's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Satnight815
Although it was great to see the original five together for a change in the opening scene, the condescension from Leonard was really hard to take. "It's not May 5th, it's not May 3rd...... But May 4th" really asshat? He could have just said it's May 4th and had Sheldon say "get it, May the 4th?" And her say "oh like May the Force be with you" then she looks horrified that she knows that while Sheldon & Leonard look proud. (End opening scene)

I loved watching Kaley trying not to smile during her lines with Simon and Kunal, speaking of Kunal, it was really great to see him this happy in an episode. You could really see that he was fanboying out during this whole episode. I also loved that no matter how much Penny supposedly hates all the geek stuff, she does pay attention and can spout nerd with the best of them (please have this Penny around more)

Bob Newhart is a God, I love him so much in this episode. His dry wit and sarcastic delivery is definitely something this show has been needing. No offense to the rest of the cast, but most of the time the sarcastic lines sound bitter now. The scenes between him and Jim were funny, touching, and really heartfelt. Something this show usually doesn't do well. I just hope they don't bring him back to often to be Sheldon's "Jedi Master".

So Penny is nearly 30 years old and she hasn't lost anyone close to her, not a Grandparent, uncle, cousin, nothing? I think Sheldon would be interested to know that, cause man, those are some good genes. Big Grin
(Hopefully they'll cancel out the short, lactose/corn intolerant, and asshat genes. Morlock )
With the exception of his scenes with Sheldon, Leonard was a condescending jerk the whole episode. You can really see that Penny wants to marry this guy when she spent 10 minutes of this episode with a horrified/nauseous look on her face that Leonard was going to say yes to her joke proposal (Which makes next weeks proposal even more stupid). Let's not even go into the once socially smart but highly emotional Penny now needs Leonard to cry before she can (it's called Brainwashing, and you can get help, But you need to get the Hell away from him!)

Bernie and Amy, what can I say about their scenes. Well first I need to apologize cause I thought they were in Penny's apartment making the cake and apparently they were in Amy's. Ummm, that's about it other except maybe boring, bland, or unnecessary. They already had the A plot (Sheldon and Proton) and the B plot (Penny and Leonard) they really didn't need a C plot. They could have had the girls at a conference and just not had them on the show for 1 episode. Just cause you have the cast doesn't mean you need to have all of them "have a moment" in each episode. (By the way, did anyone else pick up on the fact they just picked up the cake, cut a part off and then served it anyway. I wonder how much Sheldon would be smiling when he found out his girlfriend served him floor cake).

I'm still thinking about how I want to rate this episode. It's three Blossom if I just watch the Star Wars breakfast scene, Leonard and Sheldon's scenes alone and all of Sheldon and Professor Protons scenes., but if I add Leonard's and Penny's scenes and Bernie's and Amy's scenes I can't decide if it knocks it down to 2 Blossoms or 1.
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, Satnight815
I get kinda offended when someone expresses shame or disgust at knowing something nerdy, so Penny's constant gasps at dismay every time she realized she recognized a Star Wars reference fell flat for me. Especially when they went back to that well 5-6 times.
The following 4 users Like lewstonewar's post:
  • Wisp, Idle Miscreant, Jislane35, Satnight815