9.09%
1 9.09%
3 Dirty Socks
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.12 The Hesitation Ramification
(01-03-2014, 07:24 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Most of the people I speak too are only casual viewers and they have no opinion, or very opinion over that. You are correct, the writers are so out of touch with this notion. They believe everyone cares if Leonard and Penny marry or not, but it's only the uber-fans who give a damn.

Exactly. It's not that people hate the canons outside of the hard core fans like us, but they just don't care either way. The viewers are mostly casual and became attached to the guys and Penny over the years, and watch to laugh. Most viewers are not emotionally invested in Shamy and Lenny. Not sure why tptb act as if they're untouchable, or golden couples that make the show, when they mostly just get in the way of a good show tbh.
I suppose being so close to all that hype and hysteria will have an influence.

I wonder what this episode will be like. I have to go to bed now but I will check back tomorrow to get the general consensus. Smile
goodnight. i'll post here and the other place too.

welp

the proposal was definitely presented as desperation and kinda pathetic.

and tptb have just destroyed the Sheldon character. I watch his scenes like this now

[Image: tumblr_m1m0yopvfr1rpg2cxo1_500.gif]

I read a funny comment awhile ago about Sheldon being turned into the Meg Griffin of The Big Bang Theory.
Those who know Family Guy can appreciate that statement.
The following 1 user Likes taffinabean's post:
  • Wisp
(01-03-2014, 07:54 AM)taffinabean Wrote: goodnight. i'll post here and the other place too.

welp

the proposal was definitely presented as desperation and kinda pathetic.

and tptb have just destroyed the Sheldon character. I watch his scenes like this now

[Image: tumblr_m1m0yopvfr1rpg2cxo1_500.gif]

I read a funny comment awhile ago about Sheldon being turned into the Meg Griffin of The Big Bang Theory.
Those who know Family Guy can appreciate that statement.

The episode hasn't aired here yet but from the taping report that is exactly the vibe I got from the proposal- a kind of what the hell I've got nothing else attitude from Penny. And this is their can't be messed with canon couple, charming.

I haven't watched a lot of family guy, but enough to know what you mean. Using a Lorre reference I can see him being used like Alan from tahm *shudder*
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • Jislane35
Cheers Gamma and Taffinabean. But the rest of you lurkers...
OI! Spill, you lot!
Some of us live in Antipodean Spiderland, and thus anxiously await news...Like Peter Lorre waiting for his Exit Visa...
Without the arrest by the Gestapo, obviously.
How did Sheldon's humour experiment play out?
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
So I finally saw the episode. All I can say is if TPTB are trying to make Lenny look like a viable couple they are failing miserably. I swear those two are about as incompatible as you can get. They have nothing in common-not even families or upbringing, their attitudes are polar opposites, and they seem to have no real understanding of each other. It was clear from the episode that Leonard has no real respect or faith in Penny's desire to be an actress. Even if what he said about her chances of becoming a working actress are true you don't rub salt in the wound by pointing that out when Penny is already feeling so bad about herself. And Penny's proposal, such an afterthought. The rest of the episode was kinda meh. The end with Sheldon and Leonard was nice. It was good to see Sheldon not acting like a toddler or hyperactive Chihuahua.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • Jislane35
I haven't seen it yet either Gripe, not until after work. Had a look on other sites and no one seems very impressed on the other forum but then most of them are shippers so I'd rather hear what Nostalgic fans have to say. That AV reviewer spent half his review apologising for the episode and he still gave it a B+. The guys an idiot. You can't trust the reviews out there either!
We now have our very first episode poll. Smile
I gave it 1 Penny Blossom, and that was largely because of Kaley's excellent performance. Sheldon deconstructing comedy fell flat, it was weak material, and even 3 time comedy Emmy winner Jim couldn't elevate it above mediocrity. (Is that irony?)

Some nice Shelnard there at the end. Despite the gag with the "Kick Me" sign, the scene underscored how in tune Sheldon and Leonard are with each other at times. Leonard knew exactly what Sheldon had done, and Sheldon sensed that now was not the time for one of his "classic pranks."

The Raj and Stuart scenes were mildly amusing.

But it was one of those episodes where there's simply too much going on at the same time, and it seems fragmented and rushed as a result. By my reckoning there were at least 3 sub-plots in addition to the L & P dramedy.
OH PLEASE...
The Sheldon subplot was by far the weakest of the episode, which is sad testament to how far Sheldon has regressed as a character. Sad HOWEVER, I am an eternal optimist when it comes to my ships (yes, even the non-canon ones). I loved the bit after Penny discovered her scene was cut and stormed out of the room. The ONLY one of her "friends" who was willing to go comfort her was Sheldon. Granted, he was going to try to cheer her up with a misplaced and unfunny joke, but he was willing to try, unlike the rest of the gang who sat around like imbeciles, wondering what to do next.

Also, Amy doesn't want to be Sheldon's girlfriend any more? Oh, Powers that be, how you tease me!

The end scene with Leonard and Sheldon was sweet and definitely reminiscent of earlier seasons. Penny's proposal was soooo pathetic. Even the audience could tell it wasn't supposed to be romantic. There was a collective "oooh," from the audience as in "this is awkward."